Notices

How do I get contracts on welding jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get contracts on welding jobs?

Recently started a welding business I weld trailers,elaborate pig cookers,Structural stairs etc Can layout and weld/fabricate anything. Just wanna know how to get the big contracts. I have a million dollar mind set with the will and work ethics to match please somebody let me know.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get contracts on welding jobs?

What kind of big contracts are you looking for? I would start by getting in contact with any businesses your interested in and let them know your interested in bidding on some jobs. Ask if they have any smaller jobs available so they can see your work. I don't do big welding jobs I am in the construction field, but this is the way I go about it in my profession.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can run a ad in the news paper to help with some small business for money now, also do some small stuff on craigslist like welding cars and other automobiles for cheaper than other prices for quick bucks, get in with some builders for the big contracts. Try and out do the ones they are working with and they might use you it is a chance that is 50/50 but it might work. If you drive around and see some new developments try to get the number and contact the builder for new buildings going up. I hope this helps a little till someone else gives you any pointers.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok... As a business owner....first u must get ur company name to carry some weight! While u might think big, u start small... It's very difficult to get large contracts unless u know someone or have the experience.... And if u talking about million dollars contracts u are more than likely going to need employees... That requires workers comp, and depending who u might get contracts with they might require u to have insurance. It's sometimes Is a bad thing to get large contracts in which u might might not be able to perform( when just starting off )... If unable too... Ur reputation of ur company will go down the drain... And just because it's a large figure contract, u shoudnt get sucked into the WOW factor of a large sum check... Get some contracts that u know for a FACT u can perform , because referral business is always the best... It's almost a done deal ... Eventually when u have sufficient capital and capacity to perfom u look for larger contracts which u should be able to perform if not turn them down, so ur company don't look like chump
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Equipment????
Place to work???
Mobile welding truck????
Experience / training ??????

Million dollar mindset but you did the basic to get onto the site. NO info what so ever. Not impressed.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I want a million dollars too.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Trial User

Just wanna know how to get the big contracts