Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

engine restore?does it work?

Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine restore?does it work?

i seen alot of videos on youtube about how good the engine restore is for ur car. it's supposely helps get back all ur compression ,fix ur cylinder walls, and get all ur hp back. i was wonderin if anyone have tried it and does it really work?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: engine restore?does it work? (dc2_916)

My brother swears by it... but then again he drives a VW, so that probably doesn't mean anything. It sounds a little too good to be true. Try using Lucas Oil Treatment, part # 10001. That stuff works like a charm. Any Lucas product works great.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 AM

except there tranny stuff will ruin your transmission...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 AM

no liquid can fix a METAL part, think about it
Old 08-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your engine is worn (and not broken) yes it does work. here are some real users.

http://www.americantechnology....w.asp

here is an old (marketing) video on how it works - probably only the artist impression of the small particles is of interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...email
Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its seriously just mineral oil.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine restore?does it work? (CompanyFlow)

got this off their website:
http://www.americantechnology.co.uk/

AMETECH ENGINE RESTORE OIL 250ml-can-of-Ametech-Engine-Restore-Oil is different from other engine additives - neither an oil additive nor an oil thickener, RESTORE is a SAE-30 high performance motor oil containing billions of micro-particles of the proprietary formula CSL (Copper 60%, Lead 40%, Silver <1%) in suspension. Add RESTORE to your engine oil at the rate of 200-250ml per litre of engine size....

The particles fill scratches, grooves and other worn out areas between the piston and the cylinder wall in the engine.
The particles provide maximum natural lubrication due to their high percentage of lead, even under very high temperatures.

trust of interest
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine restore?does it work? (enginerestore)

Yeah, the makers of ZMAX said the same thing before they got sued and LOST. It was literally mineral oil.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine restore?does it work? (enginerestore)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by enginerestore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got this off their website:
http://www.americantechnology.co.uk/

AMETECH ENGINE RESTORE OIL 250ml-can-of-Ametech-Engine-Restore-Oil is different from other engine additives - neither an oil additive nor an oil thickener, RESTORE is a SAE-30 high performance motor oil containing billions of micro-particles of the proprietary formula CSL (Copper 60%, Lead 40%, Silver &lt;1%) in suspension. Add RESTORE to your engine oil at the rate of 200-250ml per litre of engine size....

The particles fill scratches, grooves and other worn out areas between the piston and the cylinder wall in the engine.
The particles provide maximum natural lubrication due to their high percentage of lead, even under very high temperatures.

trust of interest
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What I don't understand is how does metal in suspension fall out of suspsension then adhere to just the scrates and grooves in the cylinder walls? Will it not fill or plug other orifices as well? Even damage bearing surfaces?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it does not work. The only thing it does is provide income for companies that are willing to lie to make money off of suckers.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Reject Papi

Default Re: engine restore?does it work? (Hawkze_2.3)

i use it with every oil change in my jeep and so far its done me good. the first time i used it i saw improved mpg and throttle response. if you have any valve noise it helps quiet it down. i would recommend it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swgateg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no liquid can fix a METAL part, think about it</TD></TR></TABLE> this is true but it does help RESTORE worn seals, and helps as a better lubricant than normal oil, not counting synthetic.

i would also recommend, depending on what kind of mileage you have, marvel's mystery oil. i've heard some good things abou that too.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine restore?does it work?

Originally Posted by dc2_916
i seen alot of videos on youtube about how good the engine restore is for ur car. it's supposely helps get back all ur compression ,fix ur cylinder walls, and get all ur hp back. i was wonderin if anyone have tried it and does it really work?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6QPQ...eature=related
actual remarks from actual users makes interesting reading.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine restore?does it work?

10 February 2010 - Subaru Impreza WRX Classic 1993 - Used this about 2 years ago as these engines are prone to valve train noise and piston slap on start up, both greatly reduced, used this year with engine oil change as a single can ‘top up’ power has improved and smoother running. I would recommend this to anyone also used in the wifes Rover 45 again smoother and quieter running. Regards, Stephen Woinson

30 January 2010 - 1992 Subaru Legacy, 1997 Nissan Pathfinder, 1991 Nissan Sentra - Hi! My name is Justin Grimes and I live in Rowley MA USA. I just wanted to let you guys know how awesome your product is. I've used Engine Restore in every vehicle I've owned at every oil change and it has worked wonders! It's kept my 1992 Subaru Legacy running strong for the last 40K miles. I recently bought a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder and a can of Engine restore and I can't wait to see how it reacts to the magical engine elixir. Probably the most impressive story I have with regards to your product involves a 1991 Nissan Sentra. The car only had 150K miles on it, but the cylinders and piston rings were badly damaged and worn. There was a lot of piston slap in cylinder 2, and the engine would regularly stop firing on all 4 cylinders. Most of the time it only ran on 3 cylinders, while sometimes dropping down to only 2! I tried putting in some Engine Restore and drove the car. Within 25 miles the engine ran on all 4 cylinders again! The car went to firing on only 2 or 3 cylinders to running on all 4 after Engine Restore was added! I was amazed. After adding Restore, the engine would run on all 4 cylinders for about 200 miles, then start to sputter out and only run on 2 or 3 again. When this happened, I knew it was time for more Restore. Dump in a can of your product and presto... The car was running on all 4 cylinders again! I did this for a couple months until the car started dying out completely. It would just die out completely I had to retire the old girl, but before I sent her to the junkyard I pulled the cylinder head off just out of curiosity. The piston in cylinder 2 had been ground flat on one side from piston slap. The cylinder walls in all cylinders were badly scuffed all around. I could actually wiggle all 4 pistons in their cylinders with one finger very easily. Whenever people ask me what they should put in their oil i tell them Engine Restore, because of the magical things it did inside my old, tired Nissan engine. The strange part is that normally I don't beleive in "Snake Oil". I walk into the parts store and see all these magical things on the shelf that are supposed to fix a blown head gasket, or fix a cracked radiator hose, or whatever... Then I see your product and I know it's one I can trust because it works.

Thank you for your time. I just had to let you guys know that I love your product. Justin Grimes (Platinum Racing)

18 November 2009 - 2001 Renault Clio 1.5 dci - Hi. I have used the described amount on my Renault Clio 1.5 dci. I noticed great improvement in the pulling power and the smoothness of the engine and if I am not wrong less noise. Fantastic product and I would highly recommend the use of this great product. So far covered just over 1200 miles. Thank you once again and I shall order some more soon. I was so impressed with this product I am now going to use it in my Vauxhall Vivaro engine. Regards, Tony (tonycc0 - eBay ID)

14 November 2009 - 1989 Porsche 944 S2 - Hi there. Further to meeting you today at the NEC, I have pleasure in attaching the photos of my 1989 Porsche 944 S2, which has had the Ametech treatment, as promised.

Porsche 944 S2 1989 offsidePorsche 944 S2 1989 engine compartment Porsche 944 S2 1989 front view

The car has done just over 179,000 miles and had been used as a daily driver by the previous owner for the last 20 years. I bought it off eBay (from a "reputable dealer") and, whilst driving it the 35 miles home, was convinced I had bought a lemon - the amount of smoke coming out the back looked like a forest fire and Greenpeace almost initiated a campaign against me on the spot. It was burning major amounts of oil and if I had encountered a police car on the journey back would almost certainly have resulted in the car being impounded. I was convinced I had bought a lemon with major emissions problems, but I remembered seeing an article for Ametech products - I decided to take a punt, ordered some and passed them to my mechanic who used them whilst servicing the car.

After a long run and a few hundred miles later, the smoke had 99% disappeared, oil consumption has dropped remarkably and the engine seems to run more smoothly. It is like a different car and I would attribute this improvement to the Ametech products used - I have no hesitation in recommending this to the owners of other elderly and high mileage vehicles. Many thanks indeed, James Fielding, Daventry, Northants.