Notices

how do i install wiseco pistons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i install wiseco pistons?

This is a stupid question. I have a 81mm b18b1 stock block, and 81mm stock bore wiseco pistons, now would i have to hone the block to install the pistons? And what would happen if i just plugged and play without honing the cylinder walls. I dont have a micrometer or bore gauge, so i dont really want to overhone the cylinders. As for the pistons i know that the deeper goes on the intake, and shallow to exhaust, i just baught these and is there a certain cylinder each piston is supposed to go to? And just to make sure the rods are installed with the little wedge facing toward the exhaust right???
any help i would appreceate.. thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i install wiseco pistons?

you need to hone the cylinder walls or your rings may not seat properly. you should also measure the pistons and bore so you know what piston to wall clearance you will have. too little and it will blow up. too loose and you will smoke.

as far as which cylinder each piston goes it, it doesn't matter. i would never assemble an engine without taking it to a machine shop and have them check the bore and measure your pistons. the piston to wall clearance is important and should be the same on all cylinders.

Oh, and they also check cylinder roundness. you may find out your need to bore it .5mm over to correct the roundness.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i install wiseco pistons?

Originally Posted by timmydogg
you need to hone the cylinder walls or your rings may not seat properly. you should also measure the pistons and bore so you know what piston to wall clearance you will have. too little and it will blow up. too loose and you will smoke.

as far as which cylinder each piston goes it, it doesn't matter. i would never assemble an engine without taking it to a machine shop and have them check the bore and measure your pistons. the piston to wall clearance is important and should be the same on all cylinders.

Oh, and they also check cylinder roundness. you may find out your need to bore it .5mm over to correct the roundness.
This.
OR
You might be interested in taking your motor to a professional shop to have it done. Remember, do it right the first time.