Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car is vibrate while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is vibrate while accelerating

I have a 96 gsr I recently replace my passenger side axle because it had a torn boot, but anyways 2 days after installing the axle I start to notice my car is vibrating beginning of 2nd and 3rd gear. While it is vibrating my shifter is also moving until i reach about 4000 rpms then it stops. While installing the axle I didn't grease the axle spline and i visually checked underneath my car and everything seems fine. I did seem to notice,the inter part of the axle big part near towards the motor, on the driver side seems to move a little bit(1/4 inch) if I try to push it in,it just pops back out doesn't sit tight like the driver side is this normal?
Btw both are Napa axles. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the problem. I always try to keep my car tip top condition so every little noise makes me paranoid and I want to thank all of the HT members whom has help me over the past and HT has been so kind to me. So any suggestions or answers are welcome.Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car is vibrate while accelerating

my car does the same... but its the stupid motor mounts
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Painfully Stupid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where exactly do you think you feel the vibrating comming from?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it seems like its shaking only when acceleration pressure is on then check your tie rod ends i had a prelude that did that and i had blown tie rod ends but my dumb A** waited for it to shake so bad it started breaking other components.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like the motor mounts are giving out.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

If it only started doing it after u replaced the axle than it's probably a bad or wrong axle. I've had many aftermarket axles vibrate on me.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it your midshaft that is vibrating?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if his tie rods were bad then im pretty sure that it would vibrate constantly while driving, he said his car only vibrates in second and third gear.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys, this weekend I'm just going to replace the axle again and see what happens
Old 01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would deff check your axel nut. Sometimes if you didnt get 134lbs on it and knocked the tab in it will come loose and cause a vibration. Ive had a frew come into honda with that issue.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to bring this thread back, but after I installed another passengers side axle I forgot to mention both my tie rod end bushing and the other bushing near the control arm ( don't know that its called) are ripped and I also notice that my torque mount is ripped all of its sides, is this causing my car to vibrate?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same issue yesterday. so i replaced the upper ball joint, which was ripped but still didn't fix the vibration. i then replaced the axle today from advanced auto parts and the vibration stopped. car runs smooth like it's supposed to. i don't know why you're still having issues.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the torque mounts being ripped is not causing the vibration. I am not using my driver side torque mount and no vibration.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tie rods will make your car vibrate but it wouldn't matter what gear you're in. when your car starts rolling, it'll vibrate. does it vibrate when you let go of the gas? where did you get ur axles from? hope you didn't get a REMAN axle.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is very common problem when replacing axles. Kragen... o Reillys... autozone...napa. They are remanufactured axles and suck donkey *****. Do a search on here and you will see. Its very unlikely you will get a good one, some have and Many havent. Im one of them that didnt. On acceleration my car shakes a litttle but I can deal with it. I did a swap after I blew my engine roadracing.

Since my autozones are lifetime warrentied I can take them back and get others. I have heard people doing this 2-7 times before they got one that did not vibrate.

Raxles and oem axles are the best you can get and for sure they wont shake.

In a thread on here I also read the axles are suppose to be a certain length and you can actually adjust the ones you get form these autopart stores... they have to be percise and i guess they just dont put the extra effort to do this at these store or whereever they are gettting them from.

The poping out problem I have heard of when people turning... I cant recall why on the top of my head but I did read that in some thread on her too... just search on here.. there are many topics on this.

Hope I helped.

Just go to raxles.com and spend a little more and you wont have to worry ... if it bugs you that much. Like I said i can deal with mine on the street... will see when I go to the race track in a month or two.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Yep, I had to return 3 sets of axles in a row to NAPA before I got a set that didn't vibrate.

Unfortunately now their axles only carry a 3 year warranty, which is from the date of original purchase. My last axle purchase I had to pay because it had been longer than that initial axle purchase in 2004/5
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I made SURE I got a brand new one from advance auto parts! Never get reman!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by volcom40street2
This is very common problem when replacing axles. Kragen... o Reillys... autozone...napa. They are remanufactured axles and suck donkey *****. Do a search on here and you will see. Its very unlikely you will get a good one, some have and Many havent. Im one of them that didnt. On acceleration my car shakes a litttle but I can deal with it. I did a swap after I blew my engine roadracing.

Since my autozones are lifetime warrentied I can take them back and get others. I have heard people doing this 2-7 times before they got one that did not vibrate.

Raxles and oem axles are the best you can get and for sure they wont shake.

In a thread on here I also read the axles are suppose to be a certain length and you can actually adjust the ones you get form these autopart stores... they have to be percise and i guess they just dont put the extra effort to do this at these store or whereever they are gettting them from.

The poping out problem I have heard of when people turning... I cant recall why on the top of my head but I did read that in some thread on her too... just search on here.. there are many topics on this.

Hope I helped.

Just go to raxles.com and spend a little more and you wont have to worry ... if it bugs you that much. Like I said i can deal with mine on the street... will see when I go to the race track in a month or two.

beat me to it, yea notice the autozone axles do not have the donut on them like an oem axle does, they have bad tolernaces and cause alot of vibration, as stated go with raxles or oem.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm thinking motor or trans mounts OR if the trans/engine was ever taken out, they could've installed it improperly. You're suppose to torque the trans to the engine, then torque down the mounts if I remember correctly.

It could be the axle too like other people said. Try returning it you could've got a bad one. Most of them are rebuilt and not new. Shouldn't be too much work to replace it.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know this is an old *** thread, but I have a similar problem in my 92 integra b18a manual. The car shakes/vibrates when I accelerate, however I also have a clicking/squeaking sound at low speeds coming from what sounds like the left front wheel area (depends on the speed, faster turns into a squeak). These both started at the same time. When in neutral, however, I can rev it to red line without any issues, she rawrs like she's supposed to and feels perfect. I have also tried it downhill in neutral, as the car picks up speed downhill, still sounds perfect. So it only happens when the gears are engaged, happens in every gear (5 speed). Any ideas?
Old 07-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stringseagle
I know this is an old *** thread, but I have a similar problem in my 92 integra b18a manual. The car shakes/vibrates when I accelerate, however I also have a clicking/squeaking sound at low speeds coming from what sounds like the left front wheel area (depends on the speed, faster turns into a squeak). These both started at the same time. When in neutral, however, I can rev it to red line without any issues, she rawrs like she's supposed to and feels perfect. I have also tried it downhill in neutral, as the car picks up speed downhill, still sounds perfect. So it only happens when the gears are engaged, happens in every gear (5 speed). Any ideas?
Make your own thread
Old 07-11-2016, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What a dick... No it's good to use existing threads so as not to clutter the forums with repetition. As every forum that has ever existed, recommends.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:44 AM
I serve phở for my babies

if you didn't replace with OEM axles, that seems to be your fault. I've been through multiple sets of parts store axles and they all vibrated. One set actually had an axle seize up on me and the car pulled to the curb under hard accel. it was freaky... no more BS axles for me!!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

check your motor mounts esp. front lower.
i replaced cardone select axles with empire. turns out both were good
so i'm set for life.:p raxles and oem are great if you have $$$ but not necessary imho.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Yea those reman axles suck after one i replaced popped out on me on the freeway i never got one again just refurbished oem axles from the dealer and now im using drive shaft shop level 0 replacment axles and there great and affordable.

Quick Reply: Car is vibrate while accelerating