Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Honda Civic Security Alarm Question

Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Honda Civic Security Alarm Question

Hi Guys...

Please help me.

Recently ( 4 weeks ) i purchased a 09 Honda Civic EX-L trading in my 01 Civic EX. Nice vehicle installed with Honda security system. Paid $430 for it including labor.

The problem is After locking all the doors with the remote ( but with windows open) i can manually pop up the door lock from the open window and started the car. The car doesnt sound any alarm. Not even a beep sound.

1. Does this mean the alarm is not working or its not installed?

2. I opened the cover under the steering on drivers side and saw a security module. It says HONDA SECURITY CONTROL MAIN UNIT. Is this the security system or is it something else? Other than that there is nothing under the steering.

Can any experts or person who has knowledge about alarm system please tell me what this unit is?

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by activeguyus; 06-03-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Honda Civic Security Alarm Question

On the oem alarm w/ the windows down if i leave it for 5 min or more locked and try to unlock it by reaching inside and doing it, it sounds the alarm. If i lock it and try to open within 5 min the alarm will not sound. Is your alarm a honda upgrade alarm?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Easy fix, don't leave your windows rolled down. =]
Old 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM
New User

Icon6 Re: Honda Civic Security Alarm Question

Originally Posted by ironworker
On the oem alarm w/ the windows down if i leave it for 5 min or more locked and try to unlock it by reaching inside and doing it, it sounds the alarm. If i lock it and try to open within 5 min the alarm will not sound. Is your alarm a honda upgrade alarm?
That means in case you forget to roll up the windows the thief has 4.59 min to steal the car. Isnt that a problem?

BTW what do you mean by Upgrade? I installed it from Honda when i purchased the vehicle.

Easy fix, don't leave your windows rolled down. =]
hahaha funny. I'm just trying to figure it out whether or not an alarm system has been installed.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by activeguyus
That means in case you forget to roll up the windows the thief has 4.59 min to steal the car. Isnt that a problem?

BTW what do you mean by Upgrade? I installed it from Honda when i purchased the vehicle.
Sorry the 5min was an estament but the alarm wont go off lets say like 30 sec after set. Upgrade just what it sounds like. Myne is a factory alarm i didnt add or buy anything from honda to install to my alarm. Did you check your wires?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by activeguyus

hahaha funny. I'm just trying to figure it out whether or not an alarm system has been installed.

Thanks
Did you install it or did honda?First line honda installed it.This post you installed. Take it back to honda if they installed it.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
New User

Originally Posted by ironworker
Did you install it or did honda?First line honda installed it.This post you installed. Take it back to honda if they installed it.
Thanks for the reply.

It was installed by Honda

I called Honda they said they would check if they have installed it or not. They are not sure. In case they have forgot they would install it. Why would they say they would install it.

This kind of answer from them raises some questions. Did they purposely didnt install it or they forgot. They are sending msgs and calling me 4 to 5 times everyday to stop at their dealership. Why?

Before i go to Honda i want to make sure if they have installed it or not. Because when i go there i might be sitting with the manager or some other guy discussing the issue and the service guy may come up with some other excuse saying that it was installed and there was some loose connection and its been taken care. I may never know how honest and trust worthy the dealership is or the service people there.

Any specific reason?

Thanks

Last edited by activeguyus; 06-03-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM
New User

Here are some pics how the module looks. Apart from this there is none under the steering.

Can anyone tell me what this module is?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2009, 04:32 PM
New User

Thanks for helping me guys. Solved the problem. Went to a car alarm installing shop and he fixed the problem. The security module you see in the above pic is the Honda OEM alarm system. There was some loose connection and it was fixed.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a 2008 civic ex-l in 2007, but never really bothered to look at the security system thats factory installed. just started to think abt it a few months ago when i was waiting in the car and looked at the sticker on the side window. does it come with just immobilizer or alarm also? if alarm also, what features does it come with?

i installed the clifford matrix (dont remember the model.. the remote is gray and beige, with a screen) on my 97 civic and am so used to having engine start for both the winter and summer season. im thinking abt installing an aftermarket alarm on my 08 civic now.

would you recommend the honda alarm/engine start or aftermarket (prolly the matric 70.7)?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic-cpe
i bought a 2008 civic ex-l in 2007, but never really bothered to look at the security system thats factory installed. just started to think abt it a few months ago when i was waiting in the car and looked at the sticker on the side window. does it come with just immobilizer or alarm also? if alarm also, what features does it come with?

i installed the clifford matrix (dont remember the model.. the remote is gray and beige, with a screen) on my 97 civic and am so used to having engine start for both the winter and summer season. im thinking abt installing an aftermarket alarm on my 08 civic now.

would you recommend the honda alarm/engine start or aftermarket (prolly the matric 70.7)?

If warranty us up, go with the aftermarket.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tokeaknee
If warranty us up, go with the aftermarket.
i have at least half a year before factory warranty is over, and dont remember if i bought extended warranty.

does the car itself come with just immobilizer or alarm also? i noticed the sticker on both front doors have the "sounding" picture while some hondas only have the "immobilizer" picture on the sticker.

also, a little off topic. i saw a coworkers tl and her alarm status light is mounted on the drivers door panel (right by the lock). you can see it blink very well if standing next to it. anyone know if that is factory or custom?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Trial User

Honda Civic Security Alarm Question

I brought a honda civic 2008, and its been 2years and suddenly there was a red light indicating near the heat signature on the digital panel,,, this happens recently while i lock the door 4m outside 4m my key button lock. If i lock the door 4m inside manually this light does not indicate.. As per the manual it says its a security indicator, can any one help me on this pls... thx...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by assen_bna

recently while i lock the door 4m outside 4m my key button lock. If i lock the door 4m inside manually this light does not indicate.. ..
are you trying to abbreviate "from" by using "4m"? thats confusing, and nobody does that. just type out the word "from". It prolly takes you longer to reach over and find the "4" on the number pad. and it takes away 4m the point of the post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there's a guy on here named desmond. wrx-eater-sti-killer or something i forgot. he can help you the most as he is an authorize dealer. he's great guy dude .. i would go to him if you need serious help. you can find him here on honda tech