Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Passenger's window won't go back up.HELP!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger's window won't go back up.HELP!

I'm so sick of this piece of **** that I don't know what to do.

So I have a 94 LX and I went outside today to disconnect the passenger's rear auto door lock because of that ever annoying,ridiculously loud buzzing noise that they start to make.So this is the third one that's f'd up and I'm down to the front driver's side that's the only one that's connected,but that's another issue.

So for some reason,my passenger's side window doesn't work when I try to use the control on the driver's side.I then pressed the passenger's side window control and the window will roll down,but when I try to roll it back up,I get nothing.I only went down just a little bit because I realized that this **** ain't working right,and I don't want to be driving around with the window all the way down.

I know that there is some sort of power that's still going to the window because it's going down,but,wtf? why won't it go back up?Is there a separate fuse that could be blown that's preventing it from working properly?Also,if I can't get it fixed,is there a way to get the window back up manually?

I have a Viper alarm system,if that's of any importance,with remote locks and windows.I checked the box that controls both and it works,so I'm sure that's not the issue either.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Passenger's window won't go back up.HELP!

I would be more inclined to believe that it is your regulator that is shot, as opposed to some other electrical issue. Likely, as happened to me, the cable from the regulator to the window (which pulls the window up) has snapped. To check this, pull off the inner door panel and have a look. If that is the case, what I did until I could get the regulator fixed was push the window up myself and wedge something underneath it to keep it sealed in the case of rain (I used an old piece of wood flooring that we had lying around).

Good luck and dry weather!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerophase
I'm so sick of this piece of **** that I don't know what to do.

So I have a 94 LX and I went outside today to disconnect the passenger's rear auto door lock because of that ever annoying,ridiculously loud buzzing noise that they start to make.So this is the third one that's f'd up and I'm down to the front driver's side that's the only one that's connected,but that's another issue.

So for some reason,my passenger's side window doesn't work when I try to use the control on the driver's side.I then pressed the passenger's side window control and the window will roll down,but when I try to roll it back up,I get nothing.I only went down just a little bit because I realized that this **** ain't working right,and I don't want to be driving around with the window all the way down.

I know that there is some sort of power that's still going to the window because it's going down,but,wtf? why won't it go back up?Is there a separate fuse that could be blown that's preventing it from working properly?Also,if I can't get it fixed,is there a way to get the window back up manually?

I have a Viper alarm system,if that's of any importance,with remote locks and windows.I checked the box that controls both and it works,so I'm sure that's not the issue either.
The alarm will have nothing to do with it. You can either try reversing the polarity of the wires to the motor to temporarily get the window up or bite the bullet and get new switches.
Is the motor activating at all for the 'up' command?

Without a DX style manual window regulator, you're behind the curve trying to get that window up.

P
Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by P_Adams
The alarm will have nothing to do with it. You can either try reversing the polarity of the wires to the motor to temporarily get the window up or bite the bullet and get new switches.
Is the motor activating at all for the 'up' command?

Without a DX style manual window regulator, you're behind the curve trying to get that window up.

P
The window will go down using the passenger control,but it won't go up.I doubt that the cable is snapped like the other post suggests because there isn't any sound that's coming from the motor.I took off the door to investigate,and I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.It doesn't make any sense that the driver's side doesn't work at all for the passenger's side window,but the passenger's control only makes the window go down and not back up.

What fuse controls the windows? Maybe I'll start with that.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:51 PM

So I just checked the fuses and they are all ok.I switched the rear passenger window control and connected it to the front passenger control just to see if it was the switch,and it didn't work either.It went down,but won't go up.I guess it has to be the motor.That's the only thing else that it could possibly be.