Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

ecu question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu question

i am having a problem with my Prelude. I have a 92 honda prelude with a OBD1 swamp h22a engine that i installed my self. the engine came from Tigerjapaneese.com. it was a complete engine and transmission combo. the problem is that A.) it is an Accord engine and B.) I think they gave me the wrong ECU. i put the ecu they gave me in and the engine acts up. it doesnt idle right. so i put in the original ecu that was in the H23 OBD1(p14)and i runs great(but no vtec obviously) Is there a way that i can reflash the ecu that tigerjapaneese gave me so i can drive with the vtec like im suppose to have? or am i gunna have to buy another ECU? the part number on the ecu is 37820-POF-903(what did this come from?) can some one help me. That would be great. I f i need to buy an ecu what would you guys recomend
Old 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Default Re: ecu question (Lude-venom)

Can't reflash... Only choices are to go with a chipped P28 tuned for your engine or to buy a used P13.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:27 PM

Default Re: ecu question (no1knows908)

thank you very much for your answer. what sites would you recomend me looking at to buy those ecu's. or do i have to go to the local Junk yard. i was just looking at hondata and they dont have any honda ecu with the POF-903. do you know what thats about?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM

sorry to bother you again but just wondering if there is any searches on h.t. already up.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:36 PM

how bout a p72? would that help me? i really want my car to run right. I just wanna have fun
Old 10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why dont you just call tiger japanesse and get the right ecu????
Old 10-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Default Re: ecu question (Acidcrakker)

ya see i would do that, and thought about that but they will probably give me some bull **** about how its not the one we gave you and i dont wana have to deal with them. but on the other hand wtf y not give them hell. they did give me the wrong one. I do have the recipt still. do u think they wud give me a hard time?
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM

There are lots of ECUs floating around Honda-Techs "For Sale' threads. I would just go with a stock P13 if you plan on doing just a few simple bolt ons. If you plan on doing any major modifications such as cams, high compression pistons, or forced induction you should invest in a tunable ECU.

The two main choices you will have to make are what ECU you chose and what tuning software/hardware. A P28 is the cheapest and easiest to find but lacks control of the IABs in the intake manifold. P72 is more expensive and aren't as readily available but will control the IABs.

Next step is what software you want to run. Hondata's SManager is one of the most featured tuning program but is fairly expensive. A cheaper alternative is Crome but has much less features. If you decide to go somewhere in between, there is a new program out called ECTune which seems to be pretty well featured and growing in popularity quickly.

No mater what equipment you go with it is always best to pick what your tuner is most comfortable with. You will always get the best tune that way.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you never know until you try if.

if not i have a ecu for you
Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Re: ecu question (Acidcrakker)

iv delt with them and they were very resonable. i bought a jdm h22a to replace mine jdm h22 swap that went down hill 4k miles later. and the auto tensioner was leaking? (idk thats what my shop told me) and i needed to buy a new one from honda. or convert to manel but the cheaper option was to just replace the tensioner. they reimburst me in in full for the auto tensioner. and were good ppl.

just a heads up there all asain. and some dont speak english to well and its hard to under stand some of them. but let them know u werent sent a p13 and thats what you ordered b.c what you ordered was a h22 w/ trans and ecu for a PRELUDE. prob have u ship it back and send you a need one but dont quote me on that. i dont work for them.

goodluck
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 AM

The P0F ECU is from an Accord. I've used that ECU in my lude but you have to swap pins A6 and A11 as those are swapped on Accords.