Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Koni STR.T Street Strut?? anyone rocking them yet?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni STR.T Street Strut?? anyone rocking them yet?

Ok guys, did a search and didn't see any posts about these struts yet...

i've been shopping around for suspension setups (affordable/decent quality). i had been really looking at the tokico illumina spring/shock kit, but i heard some pretty bad reviews about that kit. and i know i like the h&r sport/kyb agx setup, but its pretty pricey for what you get.

so i found these new Koni STR.T Street Struts for $66.00 per/shock from tire rack. apparently they are, "A great O.E. replacement that offers additional stability, control and handling without a harsh ride, the STR.T (pronounced "street") Shock also nicely complements lowering springs and/or anti-roll bar upgrades."

Anyone have any experience with these yet? Any ideas?

if anyone knows of any previous posts, please let me know, thanks!

http://www.tirerack.com/suspen...ode=P
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Hmmm...Can't beat the price and seem like a good investment to put on the daily driver with some ground controls.Im may order a set of these once I hear some reviews.Im looking for a similar to stock but the ability to lower for the DD so Id say these are what Im looking for.Anyone else?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_Honda_349)

I'm interested in this too. anyone got any info on these?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_Honda_349)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Honda_349 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm...Can't beat the price and seem like a good investment to put on the daily driver with some ground controls.Im may order a set of these once I hear some reviews.Im looking for a similar to stock but the ability to lower for the DD so Id say these are what Im looking for.Anyone else?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i was thinking about either these or the skunk2 sport shocks. they are comparable in price, but i would like to here some reviews about these koni's first.

i talked to a guy with a gti at my work the other day, he had them on his car but at the time i didn't think to ask him if he liked them or not... his car was DUMPED btw
Old 08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (na+b18c_hatch)

Take this to the top, I saw these on the koni site last week and I searched ht for reviews but didn't see anything also. Im also interested to see if anyone may be rocking these yet because im very interested, im in the market for some yellow's but if these are any good ill def give them a try, anyone using these with some gc's? Very interested to know can't beat the price, but for the price I wonder how long these may last, op to the op for a good topic.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ((puma))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by (puma) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Take this to the top, I saw these on the koni site last week and I searched ht for reviews but didn't see anything also. Im also interested to see if anyone may be rocking these yet because im very interested, im in the market for some yellow's but if these are any good ill def give them a try, anyone using these with some gc's? Very interested to know can't beat the price, but for the price I wonder how long these may last, op to the op for a good topic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

word man, for no reviews yet. i mean i'm sure anything that Koni puts there name on is a quality product, but i would still like to hear some details from someone who has experience with these struts in particular
Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 AM

Im thinking about going ahead and ordering these but wonder how they fit up with GC's? I was told you can get some sort of insert to make non-koni GC sleeves fit so that you dont have to buy new sleeves or coilovers.Im not sure of the difference in size between regular GC's and Koni GC's but if I can get my regular GC's to fit these Koni's without buying new coilovers then I just might order the Koni Str.T's Saturday on my day off. Anyone have any idea about the Koni inserts or how I might make my regular GC's work and where you can find the inserts at??
Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Koni STR.T Street Strut?? anyone rocking them yet?

bump for good questions
Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have these on my 96 gsr. I installed them about 6 weeks ago and did a write up on this site.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/h-r-sports-koni-srt-t-pics-review-my-96-gsr-2500500/

You probably couldn't find it because I spelled it srt instead of str.

Sorry.

Last edited by slammin86; 03-20-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 440/300# springs on my Accord. My Illuminas are on their way out. I wonder how these would work with them...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

talked to a koni tech about these. he said the valving is similar to the sport on full soft. probably fine up to 300ish up front and 250ish out back.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Op, if your plans are to mildly drop your car with springs. I'm sure the koni STR struts will do the job.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you got gc with these, what sleeve would you buy? Im guessing the one that fits stock struts because this doesnt have the circlip thing....
Old 09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dandaman15
If you got gc with these, what sleeve would you buy? Im guessing the one that fits stock struts because this doesnt have the circlip thing....
exactly.

also talked to a local who's on 350/300 ground controls and has no issues with these rates on that shock. said it felt like a good match. i haven't ridden in the car to say for sure but it sounds reasonable
Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
exactly.

also talked to a local who's on 350/300 ground controls and has no issues with these rates on that shock. said it felt like a good match. i haven't ridden in the car to say for sure but it sounds reasonable
good to know, thanks for the help
Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Trial User

Just had KONI Str.t intalled for a few months. I love it. I matched up with Eibach Pro kit and rear SPC camber. I don't feel like the best but better than the stock shock/strut with Kazira. Good price, high quality. Recommended to anyone.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This thread is three years old. I think the question has long since been answered.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

i hate trial noobs who dig up old threads on google...

anyway, heres a more informative thread on them. the verdict is not good.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/new-koni-orange-str-t-shocks-2368614/
Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tyson
heres a more informative thread on them. the verdict is not good.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368614
The most recent posts in the above mentioned thread are positive for the Koni STR.T.

I am also in the process of picking up some budget shocks to install on my son's 96 Accord, along with the Eibach Pro Kit. I've been reading the forums for the past couple of weeks -- it seems as though there are plenty of examples of the low-end Tokico, Koni and KYB shocks blowing out and performing terribly. But there are also plenty of posts for each of these shocks being great performers, especially when paired up with a modest lowering spring such as the Pro Kit.

Are the problems encountered just general quality control issues for the low-end product lines from these mfgs? (I would actually expect KYB to do the best since their GR2 shock is a very big OEM replacement seller.) And for the Koni STR.T specifically, are they just working out the kinks of their newest shock line in it's infancy?