Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

95 Integra LS... No Spark

Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Integra LS... No Spark

just bought a 95 integra ls that wasn't starting. i put an inline spark tester in between one of the plugs and wires, and it's not lighting up... so i have no spark. the car cranks fine, but just will not start.

first thing i did was check to see if any ignition related fuses were blown, but that's not it.

i don't have a chilton's/haynes to help diagnose this any further (and don't really want to buy one since i won't be keeping this car), so i was hoping someone could help me figure this one out.

the guy i bought it from had put a new distributer on the car a few weeks before it stopped running, if that makes a difference.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 95 Integra LS... No Spark (DJboozeAlot)

Check the pick up coils inside igntion, check the ignition module ( common problem) and, i have this problem and have no spark too, check the Ecu ground cable , located right at the thermostat screws. If you have a low intensity check engine light you may have a bad ground in your Ecu and can be your problem.

Let me know.!

Chek iT
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM

i don't know anything about honda/acura motors, i usually work on saturns, which don't have distributers, so i am not familiar with this type of ignition system.

what is a "pick up coil" and by inside the ignition, do you mean the distributer?

where is the ignition module loacted?

i'll check that ecu ground, but just so i know, where is the ecu itself located?

is was wanting to work my way backwards from the sparks plugs, so i was hoping someone could tell me a way to check if the distributer is getting voltage... like which plug to disconnect(there are 2 plugs at the distributer) and which terminal to check for voltage, and how much voltage i am supposed to be getting, etc.

is there any way i can check to see if the ecu is throwing any codes without having an OBDI scanner? obviously i am not going to have the car towed to a shop to have codes pulled. some cars you can jump terminals on the OBD plug and read codes that way, and other cars there is a certain sequence of turning the key on and off that will prompt the CEL to flash, and you could the flashes to get your code... any such trick for this car?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Default Re: (DJboozeAlot)

i actually just found a tutorial on checking the CEL codes here: http://www.hondahookup.com/for...15614

BUT, i turned the key to the ON position, jumped the terminals, and both the check engine and maintenance required lights stayed on the whole time, no blinking or anything... any ideas?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
* B A N N E D *

If your not getting spark check your coil and your ignitor those are almost always the problem. Both are inside the distributor. You need a manaul to do this, so to get one google "hondahookup manuals" and it should tell you everything you need to know to check the 2.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (St. Jimmy)

the distributer was 2 weeks old when the car stopped running, i don't know how it could be the distributer or anything inside it but i'll check it if i can figure out how.

on hondahookups, the only manual for my year integra was for the wiring diagram (not the service manual that would go through diagnosing/testing). electrical stuff is not my strong point, so that wiring diagram doesn't really make sense to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:35 PM

nobody knows the procedure to test the distributor, coil, and igniter?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM

i found the exact info i was looking for on how to troubleshoot the distributor and it's components here:
http://www.team-integra.net/se...=1112

however, after going through all the tests, everything seems to check out ok. i am thinking maybe it's the crankshaft position sensor, but don't know how to TEST it... anyone know? or have any other ideas?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:42 AM

Does anyone know of any things OTHER than the distributor that could cause me to get no spark? I need to get this figured out very soon
Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM

check the firing order it should be 1342 clock wiz starting from the bottow one close to the fire wall on the distributor...
and the cylinder order is 1234 starting from the driver side....

I recomend buying a manuel it save me from alot of money and a obd2 scanner
it will make life easyer
Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check the contacts inside the distributor cap, make sure they are no coroded. check the rotor andd make sure its not work out. i would replace them both if you are haveing any kind of spark issues.... if they are both new, or fine check the ignition coil. (its the one with a spring in it..... if that is fine, then check the Ignition control module. check in that order...and if you cant find the problem, replace your plug wires.......
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

broken timing belt?

check my thread ... hope it helps

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2323704