Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How To Wire Fog Lights To Parking Lights on an EG

Old 04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Wire Fog Lights To Parking Lights on an EG

Please, someone help me out, ebay switches suck, just weant to wire it to my parking lights. Thanks in advance
Old 04-20-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Re: How To Wire Fog Lights To Parking Lights on an EG (oovvutt)

well my friend the best way, really the proper way is with a fog lamp relay kit. The relay kit goes hooked up to battery and just gets the signal from the corner lamps. If you hook up the fog lamps straight to the corners you will fry the fuse cause it will be too much ampereage and if you put a bigger fuse you can overheat the wires that could potentially catch on fire. If you dont know how to hook up a fog lamp relay kit you should really get some one to do it for you. Not trying to disrespect your knowledge or anything i just hate to see you pay lots of money to get somebody to rewire the whole car cause some wires melted
Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Wire Fog Lights To Parking Lights on an EG (hondaboostin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboostin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well my friend the best way, really the proper way is with a fog lamp relay kit. The relay kit goes hooked up to battery and just gets the signal from the corner lamps. If you hook up the fog lamps straight to the corners you will fry the fuse cause it will be too much ampereage and if you put a bigger fuse you can overheat the wires that could potentially catch on fire. If you dont know how to hook up a fog lamp relay kit you should really get some one to do it for you. Not trying to disrespect your knowledge or anything i just hate to see you pay lots of money to get somebody to rewire the whole car cause some wires melted</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the relay switch already installed.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

then plug in the socket on #2 connector on the fuse panel underneath your dash i believe.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (shadohconspiracy)

Alright this is what you're going to do. Get a male speaker connector, or go to the junkyard and get this option plug connector from the door of an Integra that has power door locks, looks like this:

I want to say it's on the passenger front door only, but I don't remember 100%. These can also be found on Civics.

Now stick that option plug into the empty parking light option output on your under-dash fuse box between the two yellow plugs in this picture:

This will give you 12volts when the parking lights are on. Connect that to your relay assuming that your relay is wired as negative switched. You should be using an "auto" SPST or SPDT relay.

The parking light output should go to 86, 85 should be grounded, or vice versa. 87 should be connected to your battery with an inline fuse. 30 should be connected to your fog light power input.

Use a grommet where the wire passes through the firewall. Do not let wire rest against a metal edge. Use electric tape and split loom to protect your wires in the engine bay. If at some point in the distant future, your parking lights are stuck on all the time, it's because your option plug wire is grounded.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Wire Fog Lights To Parking Lights on an EG

got a question what if my parking light fuse is tooken up because of the alarm .can i splice it and connect my fogs to it ?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i can make u a stock style harness. will work like factory. i have made them for EF's, EG's and EK's. will come on with your headlights, not yor corner lights, just like they are meant to. and will cut off when u switch on your high beams, or i can wire it so it stays on. lmk

check my sig
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have it all wired in and was wondering the female plug that goes in to the fuse box is already token by the alarm should i splice it and connect both or can i plug it in to the other option like a or b ?