Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

One more Radio code request

Old 03-31-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more Radio code request

Hi, I got a pre owned 2000 Acura Integra LS from a Dealer. I am the third owner for this car. I did not receive the Radio Code card with the user manual. Last week one day I forgot to switch off my head lights and battery died.
After that my radio asked for the code, i entered 1234 thrice unaware of what it is. after third attempt I am getting Err-3 in the radio. Can some body help me..

On the side of my Glove box I could find a small sticker with a number.. I am not sure if its my radio serial no or not. It is 96F529221. If this is not the serial no, how to get it.. Please help.. i am not in a position to pay for that code now..
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM

Default Re: One more Radio code request (mvadu)

Call Acura and prove that you have ownership of the vehicle and usually they will send you the code. At least that's what happened to me. I don't remember all the things you need, but from what I recall it was Registration #, Vin#, and something else I think. Also I think the Err-3 code will go away if you unplug the battery. But like I said, call Acura and they will help you out.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM

Default Re: One more Radio code request (goodtrouble)

I did that.. they said, they can't give that info over the phone. I have to visit them.
Nearest dealer is arround 15 miles from my place.
They need to take the radio out to get the serial no. For that they are going to charge me 100$. (Just to take the radio out)

Can any one help me to get the unlock code?

If not, can any one teach me how to take out the radio for myself, mine is a 2000 Integra LS, 4 door modal.

Please call me if you need any info to help me out

Regards,
Adarsha Vishweshwara,
w: 508-357-0333
r: 508-251-0824
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 AM

radio code is sometimes scribbled on the radio itself or underneath one of the fuse box covers... check fuse box cover in the engine bay... i recall a while back a lot of people having luck with that.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:09 AM

remove 4 screws from sides of back half of center console. Pop out little cover beneath hand brake(in that storage tray). Remove two screws that are reavealed. lift front edge of back half of console and slide the whole thing back. completely loosen shift **** in manual (turn counterclockwise). remove ashtray, remove three screws revealed behind ashtray. pull ashtray holder/lighter assembly toward you to remove. remove two screws revealed (left and right side just beneath corners of radio pocket). remove two screws from the front of the front half of center console(by drivers right leg and pass. left leg. pull to you to remove. look up behind radio for 2 8mm bolts. remove these. remove radio. serial number on sticker. call acura with that number. dont be timid when you call. act like you know what you are doing and try to sound semi professional. Acura: thanks for calling so and so acura how may i direct your call. You: Parts and service please. Acura: one moment. You: thank you. Acura: parts and service this is Jim. You: Hi jim how are you today? Acura: not to bad. You: Glad to hear that, Hey i need an unlock code for the radio in a 2000 integra 4dr, I have the serial number right here. If they don't give it to you they are jerks. Call another dealer.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Hey.. hurray.. I am saved..
after reading silverAC's post i was going through the owners manual. And you know what!! Somebody (may be first or second owner) have written a 5 digit number in one of the pages. So today i left my radio on for 1 hour, it turned back to code from err-3 and I entered the number (35356) and it worked... i am saved... hurray...
Thank you guys for replying..
Old 04-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Default Re: (mvadu)

What happens if you use the same code on multiple radios? Or is each code different and linked to that specific radio?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:17 AM

I think you can not use.. it is different for different serial no. But its just a 5 digit number, so after 100000 cars, acura has to reuse these codes though the serial nnumbers are different