Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK...

IM PLANNING ON GOING TURBO, SO ITS BETWEEN GREDDY OR EDELBROCK. I HAVE ABOUT $4,500 TO SPEND ON IT, WHEN I SEARCHED FOR THE GREDDY TURBO KIT I REALIZED THAT THEY ONLY MADE THEM FOR 96-99! I WAS WONDERING IF THEY MADE ANY FOR THE OBD1 MODELS ('94-'95). EDELBROCK IS A LITTLE BIT OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE... WHICH WOULD GIVE ME THE BEST RESULTS??? EDELBROCK VS. GREDDY...
-GREDDY- -EDELBROCK-
(RUNNING ABOUT 8-9LBS OF BOOST) (STOCK)
(GREDDY INTERCOOLER)
(RETURN LINE)

THANKS
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, take off the CAPS LOCK next time. Secondly, do you live in a state where you have to pass emissions or inspection? If not, i wouldn't pick either of these turbo setups because for the money you could get something MUCH better. Check the Marketplace and you'll see what i'm talking about.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Schister66)

The Greddy kit will work for a 94 or 95 GSR, they just say 96-01 because the lame engine management that comes with the Greddy kit only works on OB2 Integras. So you can run the Greddy kit on your car, just sell (or throw out) their Greddy e-manage crap and use Crome, Hondata, Uberdata, etc...

P.S. Why are you yelling?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont bother with edelbrock or greddy. AFI has a kit for 2500 in the sponsor section. with a tune on crome you will have more than a grand left to spend on other things.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Re: (jdm_dc_fan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_dc_fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont bother with edelbrock or greddy. AFI has a kit for 2500 in the sponsor section. with a tune on crome you will have more than a grand left to spend on other things.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That should be taken with a grain of salt, as the price for that kit is a bit misleading. If the OP would like to keep his A/C he'll have to add on an additional 300 to the price. Also, that kit isn't a direct bolt on, it requires some DIY modification to the exhaust setup and if the OP can't do that himself, that will be at least another $100 to have a shop do it.

Also, the reliability of a kit like that might not be as close to the proven performance of a reputable company such as Greddy. However, I do believe that the Greddy kit is a bit overpriced considering it doesn't come with an intercooler or piping which is usually an additional $500-$800.

In my opinion you should browse around the classified section for a good used setup to suit your needs, as you can find some pretty good deals there. Lots of guys just looking to get rid of their old setup to move onto something bigger, etc..
Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, take off the CAPS LOCK next time.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tempname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">P.S. Why are you yelling?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because everyone knows that typing in caps will yield results to your question x23248290428492 times faster than normal typing! (/end sarcasm)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Wow $4500... you could do alot with that. I wouldn't go with either of those companies. Best thing to do is build a custom trubo kit, as long as you have a good tuner youll be fine. Head to the FI forum and the FI sponsored forum and youll get a better ideal of what you can do with $4500.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 AM

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (Nicks95GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, take off the CAPS LOCK next time. Secondly, do you live in a state where you have to pass emissions or inspection? If not, i wouldn't pick either of these turbo setups because for the money you could get something MUCH better. Check the Marketplace and you'll see what i'm talking about. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My bad... I live in California and smog is a b**ch!!! So thats the reason I am considering Greddy or Edelbrock.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Man U FTW

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My bad... I live in California and smog is a b**ch!!! So thats the reason I am considering Greddy or Edelbrock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what i was waiting for. Between the two, they both have their good and bad points. I dont exactly recall what's included in either setup...if you have a link to either, we can make better judgements between the two. To be 100% honest, there aren't many people running either of these kits to my knowledge so i have no basis for comparison.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (Schister66)

http://www.prostreetonline.com...s.asp
VS.

Intercooler setup:
or
http://www.prostreetonline.com...t.asp

(not sure which to get..) Whats the difference between the two intercoolers? 31V-24V??? what does that mean?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Man U FTW

The Edelbrock kit uses better parts than the Greddy IMO. If they were the same price, i would go with the Greddy, but God damn those are spendy!!! If i lived in California, i'd check out my other options. Number one option being MOVE!!

The intercoolers (24v vs 31v) i'm sure is just the difference in size.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:15 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! Tell me about it!!!! Damn the emmisions test!!! Those are pretty much my only 2 options that are C.A.R.B legal....
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Man U FTW

Default Re: (Nicks95GSR)

If it makes you feel any better, my car doesn't have a Cat OR any sort of Evap system in place. My car would make the Police ****'s in California have a heart attack. There's always room in North Dakota if you want to move

...be sure to bring some warm clothing. Its nice today and its like 24*F
Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 PM

most people around the bay area that keeps it legal runs greddy just because its cheaper than edelbrock and with a few modifications you can still have fun with it or without modifications you can still have fun as well

Others have mention to either piece one or to buy like a AFI or what ever other kits but they are not legal, i think you kno but there are places that do "Illegal Smog" but still hard to find and etc.

But if you want to keep it legal and hassel free go with a greddy
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (T04EDB8)

what do you think it will run 1/4 with the greddy turbo kit and a average driver? and how much HP does greddy claim it adds?

bump for more info
Old 02-07-2008, 09:14 AM

koo thanks!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
They let me pick

You can piece something together that is way better than a kit for $4500.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 AM

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (mrdeadman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHAHAHA!!! Tell me about it!!!! Damn the emmisions test!!! Those are pretty much my only 2 options that are C.A.R.B legal....</TD></TR></TABLE>

He needs it to be legal obviously. Yeah we can make much better kits for less than a Greddy kit but it's all about being smog legal. CA FTL for sure.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (mrdeadman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrdeadman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can piece something together that is way better than a kit for $4500. </TD></TR></TABLE>

OP knows that, but he's in CA and needs to keep it legal.

looking at both kits, if you add BOV/Intercooler for the Greddy kit, price is a little more comparable. the higher price tag on the edelbrock kit can be attributed to the added fuel rail w/4 additional injectors and intake manifold.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (jay_cue)

So then what else is the greddy kit missing beside the intercooler???
and what do you guys recommend me to get?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 AM

*$2,500 (http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/gre...turbo-kits.asp)
*$700 (intercooler)
*$800(labor)
*$100(boost controll)
*$100/hr(Tunning) about two hours
*free* return line
+TAX...=AROUND $4,700

*NOT EXACT PRICE, ESTIMATED*
What else am I missing??

Thanks!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the good thing about the two kits you listed was that they both come with preprogrammed piggybacks to plug into your stock ecu so you don't have to worry about tuning if your engine is otherwise stock.

just F.Y.I the intercooler setup for the greddy kit will make the kit illegal but i doubt a smog shop will say something because you already have the greddy plaques showing its street legal.

I'd go with the edelbrock kit 1 being the turbo gt28rs &gt; TD05H-18G, 2 being everything you need all comes in one package: sperco intercooler, tial bov, performer x intake manifold with extra fuel rail, 3 I want to see a real dyno sheet of how well this kit does instead of what the magazines are just saying.

If edelbrock made a kit for the ls i'd probably of ordered it by now
Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicks95GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
*NOT EXACT PRICE, ESTIMATED*
What else am I missing??
Thanks!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Missing Blow off valve. For 4700 I'd pick up the edelbrock kit = approx 3300, you won't need tuning unless u plan on boosting more right away. And if you do, based on your calculations labor, boost control and tuning is another $1100 which is 300 less, and you end up with a more complete kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crispchris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3 I want to see a real dyno sheet of how well this kit does instead of what the magazines are just saying.

If edelbrock made a kit for the ls i'd probably of ordered it by now </TD></TR></TABLE>

Searched through a lot of old threads and haven't found anyone with good info on the edelbrock kit for gsr, only see stuff for d-series. I would really like to see "real" numbers on the setup, as I am planning on this kit for my gsr hatch
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM

Default Re: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK... (jay_cue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jay_cue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Missing Blow off valve. For 4700 I'd pick up the edelbrock kit = approx 3300, you won't need tuning unless u plan on boosting more right away. And if you do, based on your calculations labor, boost control and tuning is another $1100 which is 300 less, and you end up with a more complete kit.

Searched through a lot of old threads and haven't found anyone with good info on the edelbrock kit for gsr, only see stuff for d-series. I would really like to see "real" numbers on the setup, as I am planning on this kit for my gsr hatch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which blow off valve do you guys reccomend? I want it to sound nice, not like the SRT-4...thats NASTY!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 AM

???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GREDDY TURBO KIT FOR 95 GSR??? GREDDY VS. EDELBROCK...