Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol fog light bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol fog light bulbs?

I put some HID wannabe bulbs in my Del Sol (hyper white?) and they look ok, but the fog lights are still the factory yellowish bulbs. So do they make aftermarket fog light bulbs? If anybody knows please help me out. Thanks...
Old 10-27-2002, 12:24 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (NVMYSi)

the factory fog lights use the same type of bulb that your blinkers and taillights use.
if you want better performance out of your fog lights, i recommend you get ahold of a set of euro del sol fog lights. i had a set shipped over from england and they make a huge difference. they use the same bulbs that your headlights use (h4.)
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-27-2002, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (supergreenSol)

Thanks, I just picked this car up last week and prior to that I never read alot on the Sols. So from what you telling me the factory fog lamps are more decreative than they are functional? Where do you find a place that sells the euro lamps?
Old 10-27-2002, 06:47 PM

You can also do a aux. light upgrade. Many people do this to "fix" this problem by using CATZ or similar brands. I did it and it was definitely worth the time that it takes. My Aux. lights are now brighter than my headlights, which is how it should have been to begin with.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (jdmsol)

helping this guy out.. helps me out..
so like his question.. where can we find this stuff?
Old 10-28-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

helping this guy out.. helps me out..
so like his question.. where can we find this stuff?
This site will become your new best friend. http://www.teamdelsol.com Hope this helps you out.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Coulda sworn that the auxilary lights aka fog lights? used the H3 bulb, I could be wrong of course.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (2camsaam)

H3 bulbs in the fog/auxiliary lights? somebody prove him right or wrong.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:04 PM

H3 bulbs in the fog/auxiliary lights? somebody prove him right or wrong.

If it wasn't raining out, I'd run outside and look in my manual for the right number. I don't use these lights anymore, so I can't tell you off the top of my head. I'll post them tomorrow in the AM if nobody has done so by then.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:07 PM

more like lil 3497's i think
Old 10-28-2002, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (Soulracer)

Me and supergreensol teamed up on the EDM/JDM Aux H4 Lights. Stock USDM Aux lights DO NOT use an H3 bulb.

They use a very small bulb, their is a mod to make them brighter, I guess you take them out and use pliers to rip out the metal piece inside. I believe they do make brighter bulbs in the size you need.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (mospeed)

so you're saying that the auxiliary lights are the same as the regular headlights? H4's?
Old 10-29-2002, 12:12 AM
VTEC

The US sols (93-95) have auxiliary lights that use 3497...which is a bit unusual to me for an auxiliary light. H4/9003 is the headlight bulb.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (VTEC)

Yes this is true, unless you buy the EDM/JDM Aux Lights. The reason why those aux lights use H4 bulbs is because their used as brights over there instead of fogs.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Del Sol fog light bulbs? (mospeed)

Hope this helps...step by step instructions off of http://www.teamdelsol.com

CATZ AUX LIGHTS 1993-1995 delSols

Original Author: Todd Macaulay

MATERIALS: Socket wrench and set with socket extension, Philips head screwdriver, Drill with drill bit set, Small, stubby phillips head, Wire cutters or needle nose pliers., Electrical tape or other non conductive material, Fellow Solers or friends

TIME: 1 hour 45 min.

This was done with FET Catz MSC (Multi Surface Cyclone) lights (amber) in an attempt to install them where the existing aux. lights are. The ambers look coooler than the white! It is recommended that you use more than one person for this mod. It makes it faster, and easier. If you do not have basic electrical knowledge, find someone that does!

1. Open hood and remove front bumper

2. remove the negative battery terminal from battery. Near the front of the engine compartment you will see several (6-8) flat, phillips type screws with rubber gaskets. Remove those. There will be a metal retainer that comes off after all are removed.

3. Then, get under the car. There will be (2) bolts that need to be removed (use the socket wrench).

4. Here is the interesting part. There are (2) hidden phillips head screws connecting the sides of the bumper to the body panels (one on each side). Remove part of the plastic wheel well (3 screws), and reach in to where the screw is. Using the small phillips head screwdriver, un-screw the bumper from the body panel. Hold the bumper if possible while doing this (so it does not get scratched when it hits the ground).

5. Removal of stock aux lights-You will now see the aux light housings. There are several (3) bolts holding them on to the frame. Remove these. Then, unplug the Power from the housings. They should come loose. Remove them from the car, and set them to the side.

6. Installation of FET Catz MSC lighting- Now, by guesstimation, put the Catz lights where the aux lights used to be. Now test-fit the bumper. If they look ok, then scratch an outline of the bracket on the frame with marks for drill for holes. ImPoRtAnT: repeat this step until they are perfect.

7. Now remove the brackets from the lights. Get out your drill, and drill through the frame in the specified areas. Drill to fit, so start with a fairly small bit, and go up. Be careful when drilling metal, because your drill can get jammed, or a bit can break.

8. Screw down your brackets onto the frame with one screw. Leave a little play in the screw so the bracket can twist. Now install the light on the frame. Leave some play in that as well.

9. Now test-fit the bumper again. Looks good, huh? Adjust lights until they look centered. Make a second outline if necessary, but you shouldnít have to.

10. Take the lights off of the brackets, and finish screwing the brackets down. Then put back on the lights.

11. Ground the 3 black ground wires on the Catz wiring harness on a bolt near the fusebox (by the battery). Ground the emergency fuse (red ground) to another bolt.

12. Connect the relay to the wiring harness, and bolt that near the battery.

13. Follow the directions normally, with one twist. Chuck out the black and orange wired switch. Splice the long white wire from the Catz wiring harness to the positive wire on the aux light plug with the included splicer. Viola! you now have your catx lights wired into your aux light switch.

14. Now connect the power to the battery as per the instructions. Re-connect the negative battery terminal. Turn power on to the car, and turn on the lights. They should work.

15. Mount wires and re-assemble bumper- Re assemble the bumper, and bear in mind that you will not need all of the bolts (because you removed the aux lights).

16. Organize your wiring and run it along the factory wiring tubes. Use the cinch straps included to mount the Catz wiring to them.

17. Use electrical tape or other non-conductive material to cover bare wires.

Enjoy your new lights!

[Modified by jdmsol, 11:05 AM 11/9/2002]
Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by supergreenNA1
the factory fog lights use the same type of bulb that your blinkers and taillights use.
if you want better performance out of your fog lights, i recommend you get ahold of a set of euro del sol fog lights. i had a set shipped over from england and they make a huge difference. they use the same bulbs that your headlights use (h4.)
Where can you get the fog lights that use H4 bulbs?