Notices

"Door Open" Alarm Comes On After Hitting Bumps/Brakes - 91 Civic Si

Old 08-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Door Open" Alarm Comes On After Hitting Bumps/Brakes - 91 Civic Si

The problem started a few weeks ago. Whenever I hit a bump or hit the brakes the "door open" alarm chime comes on and won't go away unless I either pull on the passenger door or open/close the door again. I have power locks in the car and when this starts happening I can hear my locking mechanism start to go on and off.

Has anyone dealt with this before? yes, my car is lowered and the suspension is kinda stiff.

My sister in law did slam the door kinda hard a few weeks back but I didn't think it would cause the door to start doing this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Door Open" Alarm Comes On After Hitting Bumps/Brakes - 91 Civic Si (JesseCRX)

90-91 door mounted belts? unplug the wires that go to the door latch inside the door......good luck
Old 08-17-2007, 05:37 PM

i have a similar problem but mine just happens when i turn. but either way it should be a problem having to do with the door sensor itself. make sure the wires aren't loose and make sure that it's the passenger door that's the problem. which it looks like you already have. but the panel behind the door is a bitch to get off but once you do that you have full access to the sensor wires. just make sure they're not grounding out / the sensor isn't too loose. all else fails get a new sensor from a junkyard.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ohfosho)

So the sensor I am looking for is inside the door itself?

What does the L shaped slider sensor do on the inside of the door jam do?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Door Open" Alarm Comes On After Hitting Bumps/Brakes - 91 Civic Si (JOE BD-0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JOE BD-0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">90-91 door mounted belts? unplug the wires that go to the door latch inside the door......good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

if they were to unplug the door mounted belts they would no longer detrack.... or is retrack...(can't remember) either way i believe it has to have power to the mechanism....

the door alram would probably have more to do with the door button inside the jam... wires finally moved around enough after the "slam" to start causeing problems ... unscrew, take out, start playing with. make sure all the wires are coming straight out of the plug itself... sounds weird but my tailights will act up if the wires are not coming straight out and they are all factory pinned and not beign grounded... its odd just check your door wires and plugs.... and grounds
Old 08-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Door Open" Alarm Comes On After Hitting Bumps/Brakes - 91 Civic Si (rewerbcrx)

Well, I couldn't figure out the problem.

I did see where the noise was coming from though. It was coming from the seatbelt switch inside that clear housing. I found that if I unplug one of the connectors that goes to the door latch mechanism that is stopped. The seatbelt still retracts just fine too. No more noise, or open door alarm.

What I wanna know is whether or not the seatbelt will still function properly without this plug. There are 2 plugs. One going to the door latch mechanism, and one going to the seatbelt assembly. I unplugged the one going to the door latch.