Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18b swap into 92-95 civic

Old 05-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default b18b swap into 92-95 civic

ok iv spent the last hour reading what i need to do the swap now im confused as hell. there are so many topics on this i found that alot contradicted themselves. so my question is, what all do i need. what parts will work from the d16?

here is what iv got and correct me if im wrong. ill be taking it out of local junkyard so this is what im going to make sure i have when i leave. and i want to leave with the least amount of parts possible because they will charge each part separtly. they dont do the complete swap.

- b18b motor (94-95 integra) make sure cylinder pressure in 160psi +

- b18b Hydraulic 5spd Tranny with shift **** if its not already stolen

- ECU (P75) probably going to buy a chipped P28. read they were easier to socket a chip into and then ill just get my friend to burn me a stock LS chip so i can change it once i get a turbo.

- Axles - from the integra or will my d16 axels work with the swap?

- Shift Linkage - will my d16 shift linkage work or will i need to buy the integras shift linkage?

- Stock Motor Mounts -will i need to also take the motor mounts from the integra except the top tranny mount. i read you can use the d16 top tranny mount? would it be smart getting some new mounts altogher off ebay?

- Alternator - im assuming the motor will come with it but ill double check

- Starter - should come with the motor but where is it located?

- Clutch - obviosly, but since its out ill replace it

- Flywheel - machine and lighten the flywheel

- Intake Manifold - should come with motor and ill inspect that its been kept sealed from dirt.

- Exhaust Manifold - should come with motor

- Fuel Rail - better come with motor because all the dirt and dust will get into the injecrtors and the motor will be toast

- Injectors - comes with motor (270cc i read)

- Distributor/wires - better doublecheck since its right there

- Engine Harness - what the story here? some are saying the eg wiring harness will not work and others are saying its a complete plug and play? since im going to be taking the ecu from the integra ill leave the wiring harness on the civic because the d16 should plug right into the integra ecu that i will be buying. i dont want to have to feed the wires through the firewall and sort out and buy the integras wiring harness. is this true? so then the motor should have the clips at the dizzy and does it all just plug in?

- sensers - better double check that the 02 is attached to the header and make sure there is only one 02 senser to qaurantee its an OBD1 ecu. what other sensors are there? ok this is enough. noone is actually going to read this all but i think its all right but PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK FOR ME AND OTHER NEWBIES!!

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (hamburgler)

I just did this swap a little over a month ago. If you haven't purchased anything yet, i would advise you to hunt for a gsr transmission. Ls tranies suck, even with turbo.

Buy a new clutch kit. It is much easier to throw one in while the engine is out of the car. Maybe a lighter flywheel, i dont believe in machining down an oem one. They are actually brittle to begin with.

All integra mounts. Dont complicate things. D series axles WILL NOT work. The splines are too small. Your gonna need the integra axles with an integra halfshaft.

Integra shiftlinkage with integra shifter. D series linkage will not work.

Your gonna need the integra alternator. Starter is not on the engine. It mounts to the side of the transmission housing, that big hole on the side.

All manifolds and fuel assebly should be there. Oem manifolds arent big on the black-market. I wouldn't be suprised if the distributor is gone though. You can pick em up on ebay for 75$ usually.

If it is OBD1 and your civic is 92-95, than everyting is plug and play.

Your existing civic O2 sensor will work with the integra engine. Good luck getting that SOB out though.

Just reasearch more. Its all there. Just hit the search button. Hope i was helpfull, good luck
Old 05-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (Jwbetley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jwbetley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just did this swap a little over a month ago. If you haven't purchased anything yet, i would advise you to hunt for a gsr transmission. Ls tranies suck, even with turbo.

Buy a new clutch kit. It is much easier to throw one in while the engine is out of the car. Maybe a lighter flywheel, i dont believe in machining down an oem one. They are actually brittle to begin with.

All integra mounts. Dont complicate things. D series axles WILL NOT work. The splines are too small. Your gonna need the integra axles with an integra halfshaft.

Integra shiftlinkage with integra shifter. D series linkage will not work.

Your gonna need the integra alternator. Starter is not on the engine. It mounts to the side of the transmission housing, that big hole on the side.

All manifolds and fuel assebly should be there. Oem manifolds arent big on the black-market. I wouldn't be suprised if the distributor is gone though. You can pick em up on ebay for 75$ usually.

If it is OBD1 and your civic is 92-95, than everyting is plug and play.

Your existing civic O2 sensor will work with the integra engine. Good luck getting that SOB out though.

Just reasearch more. Its all there. Just hit the search button. Hope i was helpfull, good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man, what about the ecu? should i just buy a p28 off ebay and get my friend to burn me a stock LS chip via uberdata? and can you be more specific where this starter is? is there anything else at all you think i should get? why are some people saying i can use the d series mounts?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamburgler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks man, what about the ecu? should i just buy a p28 off ebay and get my friend to burn me a stock LS chip via uberdata? and can you be more specific where this starter is? is there anything else at all you think i should get? why are some people saying i can use the d series mounts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am sticking with the p75. If you know what your doing, you can socket one of these just as you can a p28. The ecu is up to you, but both will work if you tweek them right.

The starter is on the tranny housing.
Look at the hole, it plants in that hole. It is in the same place as your d series set-up.

Make sure to get a 5 spd starter, auto's are different.

The only d-series moun that will work is the side mount on the timing cover. I would recomend getting some poly's being that your looking at turbo. They feel much better than oem. A slight shakeing, but the car feels much Punchier' and shifts much smoother.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow pics and everything right on! what about these motor mounts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...50454
Old 05-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are perfect. I am using enjo mounts, but all poly mounts are the same in my book. If you have the money, Get them. They will never break down and you'l enjoy the feel of them.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright thanks!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just did this swap 2 weeks ago. LS motor with GSR tranny... Im lovin it! I used all integra mounts, got a 7.2 lb. flywheel and an Exedy clutch. I am using a P06 ECU. A couple of friends did most of the work for me, thanks guys , but it is pretty much plug n play.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you ever do this?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everything was said but i like to post anway. Are you getting a good deal from the junk yard peicing it together? The ls complete swap should run you from 1300 to 2200. $1300 is from other people to the $2200 from auto salvage(junk yard). I got lucky once and bought a 95 ls complete swap for $1000 off someone.

I have done three ls swap into the civic. What you need:
1. ls ecu
2. 94 up integra rh axles/lhaxles/mid shaft.
3. manual 94 integra starter.
4. 94 up integra shift linkage.
5. ls wiring if possible or civic one will work but you neeed to add or length wires.
6. ls/gsr tranny (which ever one you prefer).
7. 94 up integra rear bracket/driver mount/front transmission bracket/ a/c bracket.
8. the top tranny bracket you can use the civic or the integra they r the same. the rear mount (not the L-bracket) you can use the civic or integra.
9. ls distributor.
10. fuel line ... you can use the civic one but its a little short but will work or get a integra fuel line that goes to the fuel filter.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 AM
egizzle8

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (maxrpm)

why would you get a p28 ecu for your ls swap even if your gonna chip it? Just get a p06 cause it's gonna throw a cel for no vtec.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (egizzle8)

if you chip the p28 for the ls engine it will not throw a cel. the p08 will work but it will run very lean and have little performance.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (dohcdelsol93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you chip the p28 for the ls engine it will not throw a cel. the p08 will work but it will run very lean and have little performance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you are going to chip. you will want the DX/LX ECU or the LS ECU. an obd1 non vtec ECU is what you want. ive chipped both and there isn;t much differance.

you will want the stock integra mount, integra axles, and all of the integra accessories. not much can be used from the Dseries, but maybe a few sensors if needed.

the swap is very easy. as i just did one a few weeks ago. pm me for any problems you run into. stock harnesses plug and play if its obd1, if you are missing bolts, you can take some from your d15.

you will need the teg Shiftlinkage, but any **** will work.

good luck
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (Snail Tuning)

this thread is old
Old 06-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump from the dead!! Will this be the same process for a auto ls swap in a auto 95 civic ex...without the shiftlinkage and stuff?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I almost have all the parts for the swap. I have to find a cheap place to find the axles and intermediate shaft, but after that its a matter of little things like header and exhaust.

I have a few questions.

Can I use my d16 power steering pump brackets and bolts for my 94 integra power steering pump??

Can I use my idle air control motor off of my d16?

Does a d16 come with a knock sensor? I didnt see a knock sensor on the b18b.

What brackets are required for the motor mounts? I read that I could use a few off of my civic motor but I am not sure which ones. The used tranny I bought came with one on the side but not the top. The used motor mount set that I bought came with one bracket that is kind of big and flat. Where does that go? I dont think its for the top of the tranny because the holes dont line up. I would know better if I allready snatched the motor out of my civic, but I still drive it around to short distances allthough it has a rod knock. I dont want to take my motor out unless I am ready to put a running motor ready to go in my car.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: (Sk8ermane)

Also, what about the fuel pump? Do I need to upgrade or rewire it or anything?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: (Sk8ermane)

Anyone?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (the.hamburglar)

im doin the same swap b18b non v tec igot the full integra but its an auto what do i need to get with the standerd tranny to make the swap
Old 10-21-2008, 10:39 PM

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic (the.hamburglar)

is there somewere that i can go to get a write up on this swap 92 civic putting a b18b listing all i needthe one i have is auto what i would need to get with the standerd trans cause im not going with an ato the civic is standerd and are the auto mounts for the tranny the same or do i need those to if theres a site hit me back tryin to get as much info on it befor
Old 03-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic

do i need a special bracket for the throttle cable because my SOHC doesnt fit on the LS intake manifold
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM

okay for a quick sum up and what i try and follow d series is interchangeable with d series b with b for most cases just keep that in mind
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Trial User

ok i got a B18b1 and it in my 1997 civic and a p75 ecu the thing i dont know is it an obd1 or obd2 i been told it and obd1 and tried to use ans obd1 wire harness but nothing match up for a fact my b18b1 has a lot of square connections so is this an obd2 right if so it should plug in to my 97 civic right? if any one reads this and can help pm me
Old 01-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: b18b swap into 92-95 civic

ok guys i got the same swap . I have a 97 civic ex with an B18A1 i got from a friend he gave it to me with an ecu that waz and P2E he siad that this waz da stock ecu . OK i know that i needed to get the ecr for da ls . Got da ecu for da motor now with da obd2a to obd1 ,ecu is an PR4,obd1 that did not work so i thought da ecu waz bad so i when out an got an P75 and still nothing . now i pluged the P2E ecu starts up . i pluged the other ecu's in an 95 civic hatch and both works fine. now i dont know why thay will not work in da 97civic with da obd2a to obd1 harr.can any one help me out thats da only car i have.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the swap, do you have to do any cutting and rewelding for the mounts ?

my son has a 93 civic lx 1.5 and he just picked up a 94 integra ls for $300, running and he want me to swap the motor and trans. me being a mechanic by trade but have never done any of the swapping, so any info is helpful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: b18b swap into 92-95 civic