Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger?????

Old 04-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger?????

Hello. I am new at this and was just wondering if anyone has tried a turbo kit or a Jackson Rotrex Supercharger on their Fit. I have an 07 Sport model 5spd Blazing Orange lowered 2"with Skunk2Racing springs, I have a Fujita F5 C.A.I., a DC Sports Ceramic header, and a skunk2racing full cat-back exhaust. Although I can slightly feel the difference, and DEFINATELY hear the difference, for $1000 in bolt-ons I was hoping for more "bang for my buck" And now I dont know if I wanna spend the $3600 for the turbo on T1R Racing.
http://www.aj-racing.com/catal...age=1

And I havent found a price on the supercharger but is all that money going to be worth it? Or should I sell the fit and buy a used RX-8 or WRX? I LOVE the Fit but want HP. I really dont know what to do. Any suggestions.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why did you buy a Fit if you're willing to trade it for something with more hp?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:30 PM

thats the turbo kit im aiming for , the fit has potential
Old 04-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: (007FIT)

To be honest, I love the looks, and the mpg are GREAT!! I just REALLY thought the car would have more potential. I wouldnt spend $5000 in a motor swap to give me around 220hp when I could buy something used for the same price of my fit and get around 250hp. I dunno why really. I have owned three hondas before and made them all show and did the basic bolt ons on every one of them. I want a turbo, but the supercharger that Jackson has produced sounds amazing, but for $3000, is 50 hp worth that cost???
Old 04-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (JJSpecTuning)

I know, and thats why Im thinking of selling it with all the bolt-ons. I have 5800 miles on it, and all the bolt-ons are top-notch brands. I am thinking of asking $17000 with the 17"wheels and stock 15"wheels. I have spent alot of money on this vehicle. If anyones interested email me at stumpyd2002@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even after you turbo charge / super charge our L15 , don't you think it will pull much harder due to the power to weight ratio ? Say we hit 160-170 WHP on a L15 ... Compare that to a K series with the same approx WHP on a RSX or whatever car... I'm sure it will feel much better slapping that power on a fit. It's about 600-700 pounds lighter than a rsx / tsx or whatever a k series motor is in.

The fit has potential.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (stumpyd2002)

do u have a pic of ur fit now with the mods
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 AM

For 20k you can buy a 2003 or so Porche Boxster. Why buy a 17k Fit and then throw more money to it to just get a little more power. The math just doesn't add up.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The T1R turbo kit isnt out yet, The only person that has it is that fit they have it on. The Jackson Racing SC hasnt been released yet either. Only the JR fit and my fit have the SC on. It is a HUGE improvement... However if your looking for 250whp its not going to satisfy you. Im not into the speed so much persae but the SC is enough to satisfy me on the mountain pass.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (Fitfokker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fitfokker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For 20k you can buy a 2003 or so Porche Boxster. </TD></TR></TABLE>

20K for a piece of crap; no thanks. Not unless you just want to pay for the Porsche name.
And I haven't seen any 2003+ Boxsters actually sell for less than $27k.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fitfokker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why buy a 17k Fit and then throw more money to it to just get a little more power. The math just doesn't add up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anyone that pays that much for a Fit, base model or Sport, got bent over big time.

When it boils down to it, you can't compare the two cars you mentioned anyways. While I don't think you're going to get 250WHP out of the 1.5L, it's blasphemy to tell someone to buy a Boxster instead of a Fit.

That's like coming home from the dealership and telling the wife and kids you didn't like the power output of the minivan she wanted so you came home with a used Corvette; but they were close in price.

I will be very anxious to see some real-worl results when the supercharger kits are released for the Fit. I think that is a route I would like to take mine.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will be very anxious to see some real-worl results when the supercharger kits are released for the Fit. I think that is a route I would like to take mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

itty bitty 5lb kit
Old 04-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">20K for a piece of crap; no thanks. Not unless you just want to pay for the Porsche name.
And I haven't seen any 2003+ Boxsters actually sell for less than $27k.

Anyone that pays that much for a Fit, base model or Sport, got bent over big time.

When it boils down to it, you can't compare the two cars you mentioned anyways. While I don't think you're going to get 250WHP out of the 1.5L, it's blasphemy to tell someone to buy a Boxster instead of a Fit.

That's like coming home from the dealership and telling the wife and kids you didn't like the power output of the minivan she wanted so you came home with a used Corvette; but they were close in price.

I will be very anxious to see some real-worl results when the supercharger kits are released for the Fit. I think that is a route I would like to take mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I know someone that bought a 2003 Boxster for under 20k. Go to any used car lot. German cars lose a lot of their value in 3 to 4 years.

I might agree Porche is not a Camry in terms of reliability but to say it's "crap" doesn't deserve a rebuttal.

The fit Sport Auto is 15970 msrp. That's at least 18k after tax, destination, and license. Do the math. So if you think everyone's getting bent over by Honda so be it. You're taking it too if you bought a new one.

A Fit buyer won't be looking at Porches in comparison but my point was that returns are grossly diminished when adding bolt-ons to the Fit. Once you start considering the price of a new Fit plus bolt-ons I believe you get better value with something used and already faster. Of course there will always be the Fit enthusiasts that throws my "value" argument out the window.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (Fitfokker)

Well, you are correct, returns are much less when you add bolt-ons, to almost any car let alone the Fit. But, just because the MSRP of something is $xx doesn't mean you pay that. MSRP on the base is a touch over $13k, and I walked out of my dealership paying only $11k for one. And the MSRP on my S2k was almost $33k, but again, I only paid $28. It's really a moot point because everyone's ability to work with a dealership is different.

None-the-less, I think that a lot of Fit owners, enthusiasts or not, will be eager to sink $3-5k more into the car for a bit more power. That is one of it's biggest weaknesses. And it's not different than any Civic, Integra, Accord owner out there that has done the same thing.

I'm not trying to make it look like a personal argument against you, it's just that time and time again all over these forums there is always someone saying "what's with point?". The point is that's what we want to do; so we do it.

(as far as my Porsche comment is concerned, I have yet to see one in person, aside from a GT2 or Carerra GT that is the least bit impressive). That's where I was coming from on that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 PM

your better off getting the fit, other than getting the cheapest Porsche
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: (eL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why did you buy a Fit if you're willing to trade it for something with more hp?</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEssssssssss
Old 04-10-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (JJSpecTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JJSpecTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">an L15 is NOT going to make 250whp, if you want that kind of power, you're going to have to go K series</TD></TR></TABLE>

skunk2 made 200+ hp on there stock block with the golden eagle sleeved block they will make at least 250 i know that we are planing on 250+ hp with our l15 with a rev hard turbo kit before we swap that out for the k
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (Golden Eagle)

why would you buy a Fit to be fast in the first place. honda has this cool new civic si that comes factory with 6 speed manual and lsd. along with 200hp.

you could by an s2k for $15-20k, with some miles and years on it. but you will be much faster and enjoy your driving experience much more.

i have an 04 s2k and love it to death. i was tired of putting miles on it so i bought a fit as my daily driver. i do enjoy the fit and it is a blast to drive, but there is no comparison. i hadnt driven the s2k in about a week, and last night when i took her out for a drive, damn, i was in heaven again. it made me appreciate the car that much more.

plain and simply, the fit can be modded and with money can be a quick little car. after mine starts getting worn out, i plan on putting a k20 in it, or whatever new motor honda may have then. so, yes cool car, but no not a fast car that is really even meant to be fast. it is just supposed to give you the illusion of sporty. that is why honda offers all the cool sporty accessories, and the sport model to begin with.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (vansprinkle)

so i assume you never had a 88 to 91 civic or even a 92 to 95 civic, i mean right now i have a 88 civic dx (( will be doing a swap soon))and the stock fit will blow my doors off and we all know how Meany people build those, i remember back in the day a guy bringing me a 96 civic with dealer plates on it still to swap a h22a in it, so there is nothing wrong with moding a fit its a hole lot more fun them buying a new civic with 200 hp and when done will blow the doors off the new civic, the new civics just don't appeal to me i love taking a slow car and making it fast that's half the fun, so all these guys that say you should not buy a fit if you want a fast car need to buy whats right for them and stop knocking these guys that love there fits but want more power because if nobody would have put that b16 or h22 in there civics back in the day there would be no import racing
Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great point. but remember, your EF civic is not under warranty and costs significantly less than a new Fit. my 92 civic vx jdm b16 turbo cost much less than a Fit. i understand where people are coming from wanting to make their cars fast, cause I have been there. the only problem is that unless you are willing to give up any kind of warranty and potentially a good car and motor, why try to make the fit really fast. i know it can be done, i am a firm believer that any car can be fast(with enough money). but for the kids who get their parents to buy them these cars, and then get upset when they find out it runs a high 16 second quarter mile, it just makes no sense to me.

if you want a nice, reliable, warranty car that is also quick, dont buy a fit. if you want to have a fun drive around town, good gas mileage and enough space for 5 friends and a dog, buy the fit.

the car has only been out for a year now. the demand is still very high. give it a few years, let the warranties run out and the cars get paid off. then we will see a lot of really sick, mean Fits.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM

yes but again you should not knock the guys that are willing to give up there warranty's and turbo supercharge or even do a swap on there new car, if that's what they want to do let them, its not a wast of time or money to them and i think its great, i know when these cars get paid off and warrants run out there will be a lot more people wanting to swap out there l15 or turbo them, so why knock the guys that want to be first
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM

Thanks for all the input. Oscar Jackson Jr. emailed me today and the supercharger kit IS RELEASED!!! The 5lb kit, that is. He said the 10lb kit should be released this summer. Prices for the 5lb-$3499.99, the 10lb-$4999.99. For me, thats WAY TO MUCH for a 160-170 hp car. And I really dont have the time to do an engine swap. I have a 1999 monte carlo also so I could legitamitally do an engine swap, but taking the responses, I am probably going to find a used s2k, or rx-8. I know more hp for ME, this is for ME, means more COP PROBLEMS! I really do love my fit, but I just want something faster. I had a 94 civic ex with all black widow two body work including hood, and ALOT of engine work, no turbo, too slow. A 95 accord ex vtec, did the same thing. The most fun I had in a honda was my 88crx si. THAT CAR WAS FUN!!! So is the fit, but I really want a sports car now. Thanks for all the input everybody
Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Heres the exact email I received from Jackson Racing:

Justin,

The Fit 5 PSI supercharger kit will be released for the US this month! The initial release will be for USDM 1.5L Manual Transmission Fit Only. This kit uses Jackson Racing's All New Digital Fuel Technology. Non-USDM Fit/Jazz will not be supported in this first release. Automatic Transmission Fit will not be supported in this first release, but will be available shortly.

Jackson Racing supercharger kits come with the necessary hardware and software for proper operation.

The 5 PSI kit is CARB Pending, while the 10 PSI is a "Race-Only" kit.
5 PSI: US $3495
10 PSI: US $4995 (Manual Transmission Only)

10 PSI release has not been set. Expect it this summer!

Thanks for your time and interest,

Oscar Jackson Jr.
Research & Development
Jackson Racing
Old 04-12-2007, 05:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i assume you never had a 88 to 91 civic or even a 92 to 95 civic, i mean right now i have a 88 civic dx (( will be doing a swap soon))and the stock fit will blow my doors off and we all know how Meany people build those, i remember back in the day a guy bringing me a 96 civic with dealer plates on it still to swap a h22a in it, so there is nothing wrong with moding a fit its a hole lot more fun them buying a new civic with 200 hp and when done will blow the doors off the new civic, the new civics just don't appeal to me i love taking a slow car and making it fast that's half the fun, so all these guys that say you should not buy a fit if you want a fast car need to buy whats right for them and stop knocking these guys that love there fits but want more power because if nobody would have put that b16 or h22 in there civics back in the day there would be no import racing </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just so ya know, I have been a HONDA fanatic since I was 16 and bought my first civic. I paid for my fit, NOT MY MOM OR DAD. And I bought this car with intentions of modding it to make it faster than stock, like i did with the rest of my cars, and what YOU yourself did with your civic. But now, LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE, I could have(including cost of car) $20-$25k in car that has under 200hp. -vs- buying a used s2k or another car with some low mileage that stock has 200-250hp and is capable of being modded too. Does that make sense? Or am i being retarded? I just want a reliable, and quick car. Not 600hp quick, but nice 250-300hp quick.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stumpyd2002 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just so ya know, I have been a HONDA fanatic since I was 16 and bought my first civic. I paid for my fit, NOT MY MOM OR DAD. And I bought this car with intentions of modding it to make it faster than stock, like i did with the rest of my cars, and what YOU yourself did with your civic. But now, LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE, I could have(including cost of car) $20-$25k in car that has under 200hp. -vs- buying a used s2k or another car with some low mileage that stock has 200-250hp and is capable of being modded too. Does that make sense? Or am i being retarded? I just want a reliable, and quick car. Not 600hp quick, but nice 250-300hp quick. </TD></TR></TABLE>
its all up to you what you do, i know we are moding ours but we are a shop and can do most of the work our self's, we just want to show what you can do with the l15 before we get in to the big power of the k swap, we don't plan on the parts were making selling all that well tell these cars get a couple years old and warrants run out but fill now is the time to start with ours

Modified by Golden Eagle at 10:04 AM 4/20/2007
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
its all up to you what you do, i know we are moding ours but we are a shop and can do most of the work our self's, we just want to show what you can do with the l15 before we get in to the big power of the k swap, we don't plan on the parts were making selling all that well tell these cars get a couple years old and warrants run out but fill not is the time to start with ours</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well what do you think about possibly giving me a deal on some of the parts that you are installing on your fit?? I wouldnt mind givin something different a try, and theres an engine shop about 15minutes away from my house and I could see what they would charge me for the work. I dont plan on spending 5k on a supercharger, but the other engine mods that will help squeeze out hp's are fine with me. I have never done any internal engine mods so this could be quite an experience if you were willing to sell me some products at a good price. I can send you pics of the car and keep ya posted if you have something in mind. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger?????