Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

want to swap a k24 into my ep3!! what do i need??

Old 03-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to swap a k24 into my ep3!! what do i need??

im planning to swap a k24 into my 02 ep3. im guessing the motor will drop rite in other then a mount bracket. if anyone has any experience with the swap or know of any parts i will need id be grateful for any help/information. thnx guys
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33 PM

Here's what I'm expecting to need if/when I get my own K24:

CR-V passenger side mount bracket (not the whole mount, just the part that bolts directly to the motor).

K-Pro

Decide what to do about the coolant port that goes into the K24's intake manifold (possibly K24A2 specific, but I'm not sure). There's a thread on ephatch in the swap/hybrid section.

I think that's it. There are plenty of things that I could add by choice (LSD, stiffer mounts, RBC IM, VTC gear mod, and the usual cams/etc.), but as far as what's necessary to run a K24 in an EP, there really isn't a lot to do. Except for the coolant port, it's supposed to be as simple as any K20 swap.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BarracksSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BarracksSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Decide what to do about the coolant port that goes into the K24's intake manifold (possibly K24A2 specific, but I'm not sure). There's a thread on ephatch in the swap/hybrid section.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not 100% sure..but I think that gets blocked off. My friend bought a ep3 with a k24/stock 5 speed trans without even knowing. On his head there is a AN fitting blocking something off..looks like a coolant passage.

It was weird...we went to check the ecu for some reason and see Hondata written on it..were like wtf ok thats cool the car had i/rh/e so were like its just hondata.. but then when putting in a clutch we see the block code k24a something haha it was pretty wild.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: (swifty4u)

also look into either esmm inserts, innovative motor mounts, or an engine dampener
Old 03-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: (WAGOM4N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swifty4u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... but then when putting in a clutch we see the block code k24a something haha it was pretty wild. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Weren't you guys thinking, "Hmm, this car isn't as slow as everybody says they are..."?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WAGOM4N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also look into either esmm inserts, innovative motor mounts, or an engine dampener</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thankfully, Innovative has just updated the design of the front mount for easier installation, so they're a better choice than they were a few weeks ago. I'm probably going to go with Mugen instead; more stiff than stock, but more durable and vibration-absorbing than urethane -- more "passenger-friendly", I'd say.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BarracksSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BarracksSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weren't you guys thinking, "Hmm, this car isn't as slow as everybody says they are..."?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hah honstly i dont think it was as quick as my bros type s.. but the friend who bought it isnt into racing or anything like that. I think the 5 speed trans slows it down a lot though. We just figured the i/rh/e pepped it up a lil.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: (swifty4u)

one of my buddies has an 03 white ep3 with a k24 turbo setup. it is FUCKINGGGG BADASSSSS! i dont personally know all of the components you will need to persue this project, just thought i would let you know your going towards the light (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Old 03-12-2007, 10:54 PM
JCL
Honda-Tech Member

k20.org has all the info you need.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: (JCL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">k20.org has all the info you need. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but it's scattered all over the place, too. Took me a lot of reading to come up with what I posted earlier.

I'm waiting for a step-by-step tech article to show up, too. If there isn't one by the time I get my own swap, and if I can get it documented well enough, then I'll just put together my own.