Notices

Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE!

This has been approved by the higher ups

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stillrockin18s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This was on the front page of the newspaper I work at...

Let this be a reminder to everyone to stay safe, and don't mess around..

http://www.gettysburgtimes.com/news/front1.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------

Horrific 1-car accident kills New Oxford man
BY ALEX HAYES - Times staff writer

A New Oxford man is dead after a horrific accident in Mount Plesant Township that tore his car into three pieces.

Cpl. James R. Graham of the Pennsylvania State Police said Jason John Carbaugh, 22, of 4493 York Road was driving south on Granite Station Road at "an extremely high rate of speed" at 1:40 p.m. when he lost control on a right curve near Red Bird Lane.

The vehicle, which police did not identify, drifted from the southbound lane into the northbound lane then onto the east berm.

Carbaugh managed to regain control but over-corrected the vehicle and traveled southwest across the highway into a yard.

The vehicle then struck a road sign, a wood fence and a utility pole.

It then broke into three pieces, with the front and rear sections seperating.

The rear of the vehicle then went onto the highway.

Carbaugh, who was not wearing his seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene by Adams County Coroner Pat Felix.

Police were assisted by Bonneauville Fire Company and Medic 28.

Some residents lost electricity while Met-Ed replaced the broken utility pole.

-------------------------------

Prayers go out to his family, may he RIP.</TD></TR></TABLE>

[B]If this teaches one person that our cars are a smidge unsafe and causes them to drive a little bit more responsibly, this post has served a purpose.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (dr_latino999)

Holy crap!
Thats crazy
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (harmonator84)

Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 AM

the way its torn apart like that is almost to much to believe! It almost looks fake! I for one have been reminded why I don't speed and always wear my seatbelt. My prayers to his family.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (91CRXed)

WOW. He didn't feel a damn thing, that's for sure.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (dr_latino999)

WOW thats unbeliveable! i better pay more attention to the road!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (91CRXed)

May he R.I.P....and hopefully someone on this site can learn something from this. our cars are not safe for high speeds anyway,unless you modify suspension components; so if you wanna go fast out of the box,and have some steel around you, dont buy a crx.... everytime I see something like this, it makes me want to sell my car...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (harmonator84)

WOW!! sucks man...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
MEAT PATTY

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (ef9ontime)

Unfortunately a seatbelt wouldn't of saved him . On a side note he must of been HUCKIN IT!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (ef9ontime)

does anyone find it odd that there are different rims on the front and back of the car.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (Ef_Lax818)

How much for the blades?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (whiteknightef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whiteknightef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone find it odd that there are different rims on the front and back of the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Front - 15" GS-R
Back - 17" No Name
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (2point2)

That is so messed up, I cant believe a crx can be mangled up like that. Sorry for his family.

Anyone notice he had 2 sets of rims and the rear 17's and facing the wrong way?? Thats probably a big part of it.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr_latino999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Front - 15" GS-R
Back - 17" No Name</TD></TR></TABLE>

you just confirmed why this guy died he was an idiot!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (Jameson)

damn!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
MEAT PATTY

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (whiteknightef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whiteknightef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone find it odd that there are different rims on the front and back of the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, thats what the stunna's do. They usually have bigger tires in the rear and run like steelies up front. I see it on a daily basis in Philly.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RIP...that sucks...also poor del sol seats
look at his muffler...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, thats what the stunna's do. They usually have bigger tires in the rear and run like steelies up front. I see it on a daily basis in Philly.</TD></TR></TABLE> If it looks like a RWD sports car it must handle like a RWD sports car
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef9ontime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everytime I see something like this, it makes me want to sell my car... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry, but you could have been driving a Lincoln Continental and wouldn't have survived that. F=MA; and this dude was not rexing around, listening to music, and enjoying the sunshine.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
ESP-net

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (Jameson)

120+ mph, car disenegrated as if it was fiberglass...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, thats what the stunna's do. They usually have bigger tires in the rear and run like steelies up front. I see it on a daily basis in Philly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard!!!!!!!!! I'd rather be caught dead in a mustang with a shopping cart style spoiler!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

I really hope this is a wakeup call to those who think not wearing seatbelts and not driving within the speed limit is "cool". Even though the seatbelt wouldn't have done jack in this case, they said he was travelling at an "extremely high rate of speed" here, I'd guess well over 100mph. Keep it at the track if you want to go fast people. May he RIP.

Edit: My first sentence made no sense .

Modified by wiZCo at 1:55 PM 3/7/2007
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya he must have been racing to be going that fast or be extremely drunk!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM

whats the story on that? Did he loose control? Was he racing?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mat18)

RIP means rest in pieces right? Because stupidity will do that to you. I'm guessing that's not an open casket, although morticians can do some beautiful things.

I hate to be so callous about the whole ordeal, and I do feel deeply for his family and his friends. I don't however have any sympathy for him. He was driving too fast, for whatever reason, and did something incredibly stupid - got himself dead. I lost a friend to heroin recently, and this is just another side of the same coin. Stupid choices lead to stupid conclusions.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mat18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the story on that? Did he loose control? Was he racing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It says he lost control in the report, and regained it only to overcorrect. Read before you post.

Quick Reply: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE!