Notices

largest/highest output t3 frame turbo???

Old 03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default largest/highest output t3 frame turbo???

Ive been thinking about switching it up and going t4 on my coupe, but lately ive been hearing about all kinds of people making big numbers on t3 frame chargers.. so my question is, aside from the full race t3/t67HO, whats the highest output t3 framed turbo... Is there anything bigger/better than the t3t67???

Thanks,
Chris

PS I searched for an hour and found nothing archived...
Old 03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (I.C.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I.C.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my question is, aside from the full race t3/t67HO, whats the highest output t3 framed turbo... Is there anything bigger/better than the t3t67???
</TD></TR></TABLE>
From what I've seen the t3/t67 HO is the highest output t3 framed turbo. I have seen people run bigger compressor wheels (70) but in the end the small turbine housing will be a restriction. I ran some pretty good times with the t3/t67ho and I know with a little better motor setup + some more passes it was capable of single digits.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (Boner_Ben)

turbotyper or whatever his name is on here made more power with his setup than anyone has on a 67 wheel, I'm pretty sure he's running a T3/T72 with a Q-trim turbine wheel in a 1.06 A/R T3 housing.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive heard of people making low 700s with the t3t67HO, which would be plenty for single digits with a properly set up car and good pilot...
Old 03-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (b16sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbotyper or whatever his name is on here made more power with his setup than anyone has on a 67 wheel, I'm pretty sure he's running a T3/T72 with a Q-trim turbine wheel in a 1.06 A/R T3 housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well hopefully he will chime in....
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I.C.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well hopefully he will chime in.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Search for his created topics (archived) and PM him. He made 735 and figured it would have made 40 WHP more at that boost level if it wasn't missing on the top end, and it'll push more boost before it's done. It's actually a T3/T71.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please dont join the T$pt67 wagon i wont let u in
Old 03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi-t)

hit up tom@camp1320.com they got there Tomzilla S housing turbos with there custom wheel on t3 housings making over 650hp
Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsi-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please dont join the T$pt67 wagon i wont let u in </TD></TR></TABLE>

nah i wanna be different.... too many people scared to try new things... im gonna design something and give the specs to Alpha and see what we come up with...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dngerzone2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dngerzone2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hit up tom@camp1320.com they got there Tomzilla S housing turbos with there custom wheel on t3 housings making over 650hp</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought about that too... I will call Tom tomorrow and see what ideas he has, but Im really looking for something fairly large...
Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (I.C.C.)

Any reason your stuck on a t3? The housing is a restriction....at this level it really offers no benefit over something t4 based.

Jesse
Old 03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboJesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any reason your stuck on a t3? The housing is a restriction....at this level it really offers no benefit over something t4 based.
Jesse</TD></TR></TABLE>

End of discussion right here. If you're going to go big dont leave the T3 housing restriction in there
Old 03-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alpha)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alpha &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">End of discussion right here. If you're going to go big dont leave the T3 housing restriction in there</TD></TR></TABLE>so very true and what is new to try with a t3 isnt this why racers use t4 cause they maxed out their t3's ?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboJesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboJesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any reason your stuck on a t3? The housing is a restriction....at this level it really offers no benefit over something t4 based.

Jesse</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really stuck on a t3, i would still love to go the route that i discussed with you, just seems like everyone and their mother around here is running that charger, and i like to be different... lol
Old 03-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

then get a 4094 or a 42r since u wanna be diff.. how do u think i feel now everyone wants what i got makes me sick
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant afford GT series atm or I WOULD get a 4094R, or even a 4088 for now...

And the reason everyone wants what you have is because its proven, and it works... Only thing that bothers me is that most of the people that are talking about getting it, arent even gonna touch its potential... Thats too much turbo for 400, or even 500whp ;-)
Old 03-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I.C.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I.C.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the reason everyone wants what you have is because its proven, and it works... Only thing that bothers me is that most of the people that are talking about getting it, arent even gonna touch its potential... Thats too much turbo for 400, or even 500whp ;-)</TD></TR></TABLE>expletive yea it is and i cant wait to open her up we should have some fun at the track
Old 03-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Precision made a GT3767S with a T3 housing, Stan made 700whp+ with it.I have one myself but i´m not finished my car yet.

It is the biggest T3 framed turbo.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (Boner_Ben)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boner_Ben &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
From what I've seen the t3/t67 HO is the highest output t3 framed turbo. I have seen people run bigger compressor wheels (70) but in the end the small turbine housing will be a restriction. I ran some pretty good times with the t3/t67ho and I know with a little better motor setup + some more passes it was capable of single digits.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats correct. all that air coming in has to go somewhere. and a small t3 exh housing will cause a traffic jam. i will be testing the outterr limits of the t3t67ho this year. imma spin it till it runs out of breath he hee. as bret and darren would say, let her eat.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (boostedcivicsir)

Exactly, if you're building something for that power level, it's dumb to try and do it with a T3 housing. There's so many more options with the T4, there's no reason not to do a T4. Do you just like 4 and 5 bolt downpipes instead of V bands? lol

If you're buying a turbo to upgrade from a smaller turbo without changing too many things, then i can see trying to go big with the T3, but it's definitely not as good an option for big power as a T4 is.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (tony1)

which is where i stand this year. i dont have the loot for the manifold intercooler and down pipe, so i am maxing out what i have, but i am determined to run a 9 on the t3 housing he hee.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (vti2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vti2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Precision made a GT3767S with a T3 housing, Stan made 700whp+ with it.I have one myself but i´m not finished my car yet.

It is the biggest T3 framed turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I forgot the GT3767S came in a T3 frame. I have used it in a T4 frame. Was a great turbo. Chris. If you really want to go larger I would look into this turbo. I would also like to see what your car would do now at the track on the 109 tune. We have not seen the car at the track, except the one time on the 100 tune, with the 109 tune. So who isn't to say you will meet your goals as it sits? Not to mention if you want more power you might have to up the octane
Old 03-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (xsi-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsi-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I forgot the GT3767S came in a T3 frame. I have used it in a T4 frame. Was a great turbo. Chris. If you really want to go larger I would look into this turbo. I would also like to see what your car would do now at the track on the 109 tune. We have not seen the car at the track, except the one time on the 100 tune, with the 109 tune. So who isn't to say you will meet your goals as it sits? Not to mention if you want more power you might have to up the octane</TD></TR></TABLE>i believe it was 109 because i bought the gas
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly, if you're building something for that power level, it's dumb to try and do it with a T3 housing. There's so many more options with the T4, there's no reason not to do a T4. Do you just like 4 and 5 bolt downpipes instead of V bands? lol

If you're buying a turbo to upgrade from a smaller turbo without changing too many things, then i can see trying to go big with the T3, but it's definitely not as good an option for big power as a T4 is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh come on now, everyone knows the ease of a vband &gt; ALL...

Really, I just wanted to see what people had made to see what the potential was, but I think I will stick to my original plan of going t4... I really only want mid 600s, maybe 700whp for now due to other limitations, but with the t4, i know once some upgrades are done and i feel the urge for more (the thrill just kinda wears off for me after a bit) I know I can go more... I do enjoy the quick spool of the small t3 housings, but im sure spraying down low will more than make up for that, and the flow of the t4 turbine up top will be that little added bonus
Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo??? (xsi-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsi-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i believe it was 109 because i bought the gas </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that was a waste.... let me remind you of the sequence of events...

drive the car to the track on 100 octane
put on the slicks
first pass boost controller off, and no tach so i bogged the launch and short shifted all the way down
then big shawn blew up the hatch and oiled down the track so we waited 2 hours to have it cleaned and re prepped
second pass on low boost, nailed the launch, second gear felt great, third gear i found some oil they missed and almost tagged the wall and coasted the rest of the way
then we finally say expletive it its all or nothing, put in the 109, get ready for high boost, and then right after doing my john force style burnout, the dumb *** inbred toothless redneck f*^& track official tells me to back it off..

what a waste

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: largest/highest output t3 frame turbo???