Notices

Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV....................

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV....................

Why in the hell is turbonetics charging $315 for the Godzilla BOV(45mm), when you can get the Tial BOV(50mm) for $215????? It does'nt make any sense, you get a larger BOV from Tial...unless I'm missing something technology wise that makes the Godzilla better? But from what I've read the Tial and Godzilla are the same deal; please chim in with your POV's. Thanks
Old 11-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (Mugencrxsir1)

I know friday nights are low on HT, but someone has an opinion on this topic. I know someone has experienced both BOV's......
Old 11-11-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (Mugencrxsir1)

I wouldnt buy anythning but tial blow off valves and tial wastegates they know thier stuff! great engineering

as far as the prices go, tial engineering is far better than turbonetics IMO, but thats just my opinion

that blow is crazy priced at 315
Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you looking at MSRP? I bought my Godzilla for $260 brand new if I recall correctly.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (paul vang)

what does the godzilla bov sound like? anyone got some sound clips?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (paul vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paul vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you looking at MSRP? I bought my Godzilla for $260 brand new if I recall correctly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No that was the average price I've seen, but since you have the godzilla, are you happy with it, and what does it sound like??????
Old 11-12-2006, 07:28 AM

Default Re: (Mugencrxsir1)

imo tial is a more of a fuction verse form company

ie: fuction verse sound. tial 50mm isnt so much as a show off blow off but a high fuctionality blow off valve.

turbonetics IMO doesnt have the kinda credability that tial has. alot of people will recomend tial alot of people are also looking to show off and will recomend the ''louder'' bov
Old 11-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have it installed yet but I didn't buy it because of the sound. I bought it because it was in stock and I didn't want to wait for a tial at the time. I bought it from a local shop that I buy a lot of my turbo stuff from. I'm guessing the turbonetics stuff isn't made in house like the tial, that's why the price is higher.

If you'd like to know what is sounds like and how it works, ask Ghostworks, he has one on his SFWD car. I think Jared had one on his SFWD car as well.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b18sihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo tial is a more of a fuction verse form company

ie: fuction verse sound. tial 50mm isnt so much as a show off blow off but a high fuctionality blow off valve.

turbonetics IMO doesnt have the kinda credability that tial has. alot of people will recomend tial alot of people are also looking to show off and will recomend the ''louder'' bov</TD></TR></TABLE>

I happen to like the sound of the tial 50mm... Like a whip cracking, nothing else like it and it works. Can't go wrong imo
Old 11-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DragWerks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragWerks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I happen to like the sound of the tial 50mm... Like a whip cracking, nothing else like it and it works. Can't go wrong imo</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would get a tial. I have never seen the blowzilla, but I have seen the two previous iterations of their bovs (the ones that I know of anyway) and I wasn't impressed with the type s or type rs versions (tho the sound is pretty cool). I like the tial as well, but I can't even hear mine when I get on it. The sound of the engine completely drowns it out. That's a good thing imho. When I don't wind it out (say I shift at ~5000 rpm or so) then I can hear the whip sound and even then its not all that loud. And the bov has been tested time and time again.

Paul said that he got his blowzilla out of convenience and from the others mentioned that have used the blowzilla the bov must be ok. Jared knows his **** and has a fast a$$ ride, so the bov can't be to bad. Dunno if its worth the extra $100 tho.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (b18sihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt buy anythning but tial blow off valves and tial wastegates they know thier stuff! great engineering

as far as the prices go, tial engineering is far better than turbonetics IMO, but thats just my opinion

that blow is crazy priced at 315</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lmao great engineering? Synapse BOV and WasteGate is great engineering. Tial is just normal.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well im my opinion the Tial bov doesnt sound like anything. You'd be lucky if you can even hear it. The Blowzilla is pretty loud. At least you can hear it versus the Tial. Besides its Turbonetics, you cant wrong with that.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (b18sihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt buy anythning but tial blow off valves and tial wastegates they know thier stuff! great engineering</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sir are just riding the bandwaggon. Turbosmart has, BY FAR, the most R&D into there products. Turbosmart probably makes the best wastgate in the industry. There not as in-expensive as Tial but there worth evey penny.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lmao great engineering? Synapse BOV and WasteGate is great engineering. Tial is just normal.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I couldn't agree with you more
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (slow poke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow poke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You sir are just riding the bandwaggon. Turbosmart has, BY FAR, the most R&D into there products. Turbosmart probably makes the best wastgate in the industry. There not as in-expensive as Tial but there worth evey penny.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Not saying that tial is the best or anything, but if you want to make a point about which one is better engineered then you should back up the statement with some facts about the different products.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (SOHC_MShue)

tial
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 AM

also to the person who said that the tial wastegate isnt loud

isnt that the point?

it works why does it matter if you can hear it or not? that is ricerish

its like vtec people are all like how do you make vtec louder, how about you focus on the vtec working and not how loud its working but just that it works?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt buy anythning but tial blow off valves and tial wastegates they know thier stuff! great engineering

that blow is crazy priced at 315</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV.................... (d501)

Old 11-13-2006, 01:39 PM

another thing that sells me with tial, is the larger mm, sleak sound (next to none), holds something like up to 80psi.

its just a matter of prefrence.

mugen what is making you want to buy a turbonetics bov? what do you like about it?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">another thing that sells me with tial, is the larger mm, sleak sound (next to none), holds something like up to 80psi.

its just a matter of prefrence.

mugen what is making you want to buy a turbonetics bov? what do you like about it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just asking why the turbonetics is more money over of the Tial, while the tial is larger in diameter(mm)
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Plus I am a turbonetics fan, but I don't see buying a BOV that's smaller in diameter. If I could get it cheaper than the Tial, than I might give it a try, but it does'nt look like that's going to happen.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i will go ahead and say it....tial ftw haha....yea anyway i have a tial and its good but i have never seen the turbonetics bov
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my godzilla because it was a smoking deal at the time and works extremely well on cars I'd help setup to that point. If you're buying a bov for sound, don't get it, you'll be disappointed. Even on 600+ hp cars, you only hear the faintest noist from it because it vents instantly. Remember, in most bovs, the noise you're hearing is the air being restricted on its way out.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (Jared)

i have a turbonetics raptor... couldnt be happier
Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Re: (wantboost)

tial...tried and true

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Godzilla BOV vs. Tial BOV....................