Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Endyn Catch Can review...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endyn Catch Can review...

Well, let me make a couple of comments on the breather kit:

First off, thumbs up to Endyn for supplying everything you need plus more...

Secondly, its best to remove your intake manifol, but not necessary; I didn't remove my IM. I also have my battery relocated so that made choosing a position for the cans' placement easy. You will need a 14mm allen key (Honda) to remove the two plugs in the rear...Or you can grind down a 9/16th allen keyed socket (sorry Cres, I owe you one ). You'll also need teflon tape or Hondabond or some sort of sealant for the threads on the stuff for the back of the block...this includes the two plugs for the hose and the freeze plug the blocks the old port for the PVC system...

Now, for the good stuff... Lets talk about response. Response from idle to redline is vastly improved. Mid-throttle response is incredible. I'd like to say that the tone of the car has changed to a deeper tone, but that could be my ears playing tricks. Just before I reached my shift point I realized that the car felt much more peaky towards the topend...not to say that the mid-range has suffered, but just the opposite...RESPONSE...WOW. I really can't believe I waited to do this this long...

As I've heard and read from many posts and threads, as well as, in-person reconn, I can tell you that everything about 4th and 5th gear being more responsive was absolutely correct. 4th gear dances by much quicker, now. And, 5th gear kept pulling at points of the "2 mile long on-ramp" that I was on... . I really can't wait till I open this engine up with some Itb's and a header.

To say that you'll be pleased is an understatement. Im changing my oil tomorrow so Ill be able to comment on the oil consumption issues that are releaved by the installation of this unit.

UPDATE: After 1k miles from the last oil change, I haven't burned a single drop of oil...THis has made this kit worth ever penny, alone.

Modified by Circuit Star-29 at 4:17 PM 7/9/2006
Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 AM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (Circuit Star-29)

You get more h.p. from a catch can?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (carma_626)

Is ur motor stock? Cams?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
HT Black OPs

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (RIP Indian Larry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carma_626 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You get more h.p. from a catch can? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (00IntegrAllmotoR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carma_626 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You get more h.p. from a catch can?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't exactly get more power from THIS catch can...what this unit does is help relieve the crank case pressure. This contributes to EXTREMELY reduced piston ring blow by which translates into more compression. I can only imagine that there would be a "gained" amount of HP or torque from added compression. The key to this unit is efficiency.

Another benefit of this catch can is that it "supposedly" reduces oil consumption on higher revving, higher compression motors, which makes complete sense since blow-by contributes to burn off of the oil.

My motor is "mildly" built. The compression is 11.5:1 and I am currently running ITR cams. But this catch can compliments stock motors just as well as a built motor.

The main difference between this unit and other cans on the market is that this unit takes pressure from large ports at either end of the block, where as others relieve the pressure from the stock PVC port on the back of the block.

One thing that I will be doing is blocking off the drain back plug...this helps keep condensation out of the motor and water out of the oil. We'll see how well it does, as far as filling up, but i think every oil change would be a good time to drain it...

Pix soon.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Circuit Star-29 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You don't exactly get more power from THIS catch can...what this unit does is help relieve the crank case pressure. This contributes to EXTREMELY reduced piston ring blow by which translates into more compression. I can only imagine that there would be a "gained" amount of HP or torque from added compression. The key to this unit is efficiency.

Another benefit of this catch can is that it "supposedly" reduces oil consumption on higher revving, higher compression motors, which makes complete sense since blow-by contributes to burn off of the oil.

My motor is "mildly" built. The compression is 11.5:1 and I am currently running ITR cams. But this catch can compliments stock motors just as well as a built motor.

The main difference between this unit and other cans on the market is that this unit takes pressure from large ports at either end of the block, where as others relieve the pressure from the stock PVC port on the back of the block.

One thing that I will be doing is blocking off the drain back plug...this helps keep condensation out of the motor and water out of the oil. We'll see how well it does, as far as filling up, but i think every oil change would be a good time to drain it...

Pix soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>i only understood...catch can in the whole story...just leave the engine how it is...you really dont even need it...you can run 12's without this and do 12 with it...just a waiste of money

looks cool in the engine bay though
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
HT Black OPs

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (project_B18C1)

I plan on using the one I have, but its going on a boosted setup which will need it more then a N/A. IMO
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it works pretty well for the price, but i dont think it made any more power, i just turned up the boost
Old 06-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good stuff. The Endyne can is a very nice catch can. I have just the Moroso can, but I am going to be routing it a little differently than the Endyne setup, so I don't really need the fittings that come with the kit.

Where did you get the kit?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project_B18C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i only understood...catch can in the whole story...just leave the engine how it is...you really dont even need it...you can run 12's without this and do 12 with it...just a waiste of money

looks cool in the engine bay though </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's about as ignorant as you can get while inaccurately categorizing a part that is relatively inefficient as it is delivered from the factory.

Big deal if you can run 12s with or without it. You can run 10s with or without it too...or hey how about a 9s run instead?

What this part promotes for the rest who are willing to listen - is the ability to relieve excessive crankcase pressure that is directly responsible for blowby - this translates to better piston to ring to wall sealing which equates to longevity.

The "added power" comes from the fact that you don't have the equivalent of a built up high compression fart in the motor trying to force its way out of the tiny PCV valve on the intake manifold.

Just imagine being forced to breathe out of your nose while trying to run the 100m dash - instead of through your mouth.

A system like this is beneficial to ALL motors which have issues with high(ish/er) compression, high rev ranges and is interesting to note that the Bseries block was actually cast with these removable plugs to take advantage of such a setup put together by Endyn.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00IntegrAllmotoR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I plan on using the one I have, but its going on a boosted setup which will need it more then a N/A. IMO</TD></TR></TABLE>

Adding to RA's comments, this unit will better support any engine, whether or not its boosted or Normally Aspirated. I feel that the properties of both methods of aspiration (boost or high compression...) are very similar in the amount of stress they play on a rings sealing abilities. There for, this unit should adequately supplement all motors; It should also positively effect a stock motor.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm curious if this catch can has any adverse effects on emission's? Will it pass smog? Is it smog legal?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (snowboardgeek1)

There is a feature that allows this unit to pass most smog stations...As far as california, it will not.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nate, do you have the breather kit hooked up to a vac source too? are you doing a drain back?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 PM

he said he is, or is going to not use drain back to reduce moisture in the crankcase
Old 06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nate, do you have the breather kit hooked up to a vac source too? are you doing a drain back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yambor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he said he is, or is going to not use drain back to reduce moisture in the crankcase</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. Its not hooked up to vaccum, although, which ever header I get I will route the drain to the exhaust so it will have some vac source.

For the time being, its a contained system... I will be blocking of the drain back feature tonight....for the reason stated above.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM

this is a good topic, bookmarked.. i am seriously thinking about purchasing this for my n/a gsr. but i want more reviews and pics
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Yambor)

Its a very necessary step in improving the efficiency of a motor. Whether it be a last step or a mid-step, it should be carried out.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got any pics for the install?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (JDM_GSR_131)

How much did you get your setup for?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (grtek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_GSR_131 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got any pics for the install? </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grtek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much did you get your setup for?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Endyn Catch Can review... (93_teg_CT)

I have pix, just not loaded. I paid retail... Which is 165.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Updated..