Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

lojack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lojack!!!

Anyone got stories? Any bad cases? what do you guys think of it sounds like a great product.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: lojack!!! (8atman)

I have a friend who installs them, i know that they guarantee to find your car within 48 hrs. or something. If Not they hook you up with some dough. I'll ask the homie to see if its really worth it.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 AM

come on anyone else got lojack? Maybe that is why so many fools get there **** taken and never get it back.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lojack is only useful if you call and report it stolen as soon as it is taken. What thieves do is steal your car and check it for lojack and then they rip it out. So how are they going to find your car. Dont get me wrong not trying to knock lojack but there are other forms of security.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lojack!!! (1Ek 1Eg)

The guarantee is money back for the lojack if it isn't found in 24 hours. And the only way to disable the lojack is to remove it from the vehicle, but the theif must find it first.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: lojack!!! (Auex)

I've seen my some lojack's installed and trust me its not going to be easy to locate. And it also has a backup battery so disconnecting the battery is useless.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 PM

yeah the back up battery lasts about 2 days on its own. Im thinking of getting the early worning system which notifies you by calling you if your car has moved. You said that there are other forms of security out side of lojack, could you fill us in? I talked with a lojack rep today and it seems pritty good the refund that they give you back is the refund for the lojack that you bought at the moment of install so if your car isnt found within 24 hours they will refund you the cost of the lojack.

Well im just interested in what people think of this i guess it is a trial and error, i live in so cal and there are alot of F*cking thieves here, thought the lojack would be a good solution.

keep this thread alive!!! i want to hear more!!!

thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 01:56 AM

There is no-way the backup battery lasts only 2 days. My friend has heard of back-up batteries lasting up to a month and a-half. And by the way, the early warning system is a waste of money.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you gotta think about it to though if they gurantee the car to be found in 24-48 hrs, sometimes that's all the time people need to take what they want... some small things that are pretty cheap to do urself is a couple of cut off switches like the newer integras have cutoff switches when people try to turn the car on u have to an intgra key to turn the ignition but cause the keys have chips in them that send a single to the computer to let the car turn on, but with out it won't turn on u can also do basic cutoff switches less advanced and try and hide them, the easiest is to just take out the relay box under the steering wheel so when someone try's to turn the car on there is no spark to the plugs so it'll just choke but not turn only people who really know what there doing can turn that baby on and they gotta be expecting something like that... lojack sounds kinda like a waste of money cause even though they refund the lo jack that sucks cause u don't care about the lojack u just want ur car back, 24 hours is too long sometimes...
Old 06-19-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: lojack!!! (*****yeyedemcee)

yeah i hear yeah guys they said over the phone they recover cars within the first 45 min . That is pritty good. cutt of switches are also a must it is all about layering your car i think lojack would be great just because of there garentee and if they are telling the truth about the 45 min somtimes thieves drive 45 min away to pull your car apart, so this could be cool another cool thing the lady told me over the phone is that they often catch the thieve in the act, so you can face the bitch that took your car. There are lots of pro's and cons there are also petfinder satelite finders and stuff.

keep this thread going i would like to hear from people who have the lojack system.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1Ek 1Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And by the way, the early warning system is a waste of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just curious, how so?

thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The lojack unit is about the size of an alarm brain. And there are only so many places that it can be placed. I mean lojack is great to lower your insurance but to really protect your car there are other forms. The money back is only for the lojack unit, what about the car that it was suppose to be protecting?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack!!! (SiRGDC)

Lojack isn't meant to be a "security" device nor is it advertised as such. It will not prevent your car from being stolen or broken into. It is meant to recover a vehicle and that is it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1Ek 1Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And by the way, the early warning system is a waste of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>
How do you figure? Knowing the car was stolen 15 minutes after the fact and activating the tracking device isn't helpful? So you prefer that you wake up in the morning with no idea how long the car has been gone?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiRGDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The lojack unit is about the size of an alarm brain. </TD></TR></TABLE>
How big do you think an alarm brain is? How do you figure that "there are only so many places that it can be placed"?

I like misinformation, it is fun.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aright then since you seem to know so much how many places can you actually mount the brain of the unit? I pretty sure that you know the Lojack has a specific place that they want therre units mounted. You knew that right? And I am pretty sure that you know that every so often they change the location. But you knew that too. So that would limit the places that lojack is located. And you also have to keep in mind that there are some of the installers that are not the most honest people in thge world. And since it is not their car they could give a rats *** as to how good of an install they do.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lojack!!! (SiRGDC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiRGDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aright then since you seem to know so much how many places can you actually mount the brain of the unit? I pretty sure that you know the Lojack has a specific place that they want therre units mounted. You knew that right? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Wrong.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiRGDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So that would limit the places that lojack is located.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Nope.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiRGDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And you also have to keep in mind that there are some of the installers that are not the most honest people in thge world. And since it is not their car they could give a rats *** as to how good of an install they do.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The installers have background checks ran throughout employment, all a company can really do. Also it isn't flat rate/piece work so the employee has no incentive to slam the installs out. They have to pay for damages to vehicles as well so it isn't like they are breaking stuff either.

I can't go into specific information due to who I work for, but most of what is being said is incorrect.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 PM

Kind of sucks that you have to sign a contract upon being hired.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, especially the non compete clause.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:43 PM

glad you guys are pointing out your opinions and stuff you all have good points and bad points in a way . The early alert deal would be important and useful to me because i would like to be notified asap if my car is messed with that way i can have the upper hand at catching the fool. Indeed lojack is not an alarm or a security device it is there to help find your vehicle in the case of theft.

keep this thread going guys lots of good opinions here
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 PM

I've heard that the early warnings give off many false alarms. Just what i heard.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 PM

really i can see that happening well from what the lady said was that you have a keychain attachment like a pager system for an alarm and if that is not in your vehicle with the pager the pager will call you alerting you your car has been moved.

sounds good to me though i ******* hate thieves and want to catch that idiot.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 AM

It also sucks that the dealerships charge like ten times then what they are really worth.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much are the dealerships charging compared to the privite shops?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: lojack!!! (SCIVIC94)

People knock Lojack, easily the best form of car security, then suggest something much less effective. Just another example of Honda Tech making people stupider.

My favorite thing about Lojack is that it is constantly breaking up theft rings. One got broke up last year in my own goddamned neighborhood.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Default Re: lojack!!! (suspendedHatch)

yeah lojack seems like a great product

kinda expensive but isnt your car worth it? It isnt really the price of my car or what not it is all the time spent and work i put in to it that i like to hold on to.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

agreed^

Quick Reply: lojack!!!