Notices

HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas

Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas

Okay so i baught a 90 Hatch si with the DOHC zc motor swap for $1000 like 1 1/2 months ago... i start it up n it smokes white n smells like gas.. can anyone help with this???
Old 03-14-2006, 10:50 PM

Default Re: HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas (FastHatch90)

white smoke out of the exhuast? all the time or on acceleration? need more info. But it sounds like your headgasket is blown. The gas smell... Well.. You could check and make sure you're not leaking gas from the injectors, or the fuel filter. A buddy of mines hatch was smelling like gas and i looked at it and one of the bolts on the fuel filter was loose causing the gas fumes to escape and the heater core sucked the air into the cabin and WALLA!! you have gas smell.. So check and make sure there are no leaks on your filter and makesure the injectors are nice and dry. but there can be more causes.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 AM

Default Re: HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas (payneth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by payneth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A buddy of mines hatch was smelling like gas and i looked at it and one of the bolts on the fuel filter was loose causing the gas fumes to escape and the heater core sucked the air into the cabin and WALLA!! you have gas smell.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same thing happened to me. Gas fumes at every start up.

For the white smoke, do a compresion test and post the results.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas (Shirk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shirk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same thing happened to me. Gas fumes at every start up.

For the white smoke, do a compresion test and post the results.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah a compression test would really tell ya whats going on with your car
Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HElp!! Car smokes White n smells like Gas (payneth)

The smoke may just be because its really cold out,,I see you're in MD..For the exhaust fumes,,its pretty normal to smell fumes seeing how thats what motors burn,,But if its really strong and bad check the exhaust manifold..Maybe leaking up there or something..ALso do you know if the car has a catylist converter on it? I mean does it even have a full exhaust,? Besides that, check the fuel filter,,And also check the back to see if its leaking gas from the fuel line in the rear,,Mine was completely rotted out ,,Thanks to the northeast weather..
Old 03-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your car is probably just running rich... reset the ecu by unplugging the negative battery terminal for a minimum of 30 seconds..overnight if possible...if that doesnt work..try manualy adjusting the fuel mixture. what are you idling at btw?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 AM

The exhaust fumes is wut smells like gas...n yes it seems to smike all the time although it has been cold out here...N i dont know how to do a compression test cuase i know little about motors. Also there seems to b a liquid shooting out of the exhaust while its running???? any more sugestions?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastHatch90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The exhaust fumes is wut smells like gas...n yes it seems to smike all the time although it has been cold out here...N i dont know how to do a compression test cuase i know little about motors. Also there seems to b a liquid shooting out of the exhaust while its running???? any more sugestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If there is water coming out of the exhaust that means the catylist converter is working,,Its 100% normal..