Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Breathalyzer for motorcycles????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breathalyzer for motorcycles????

I got a DUI a few months ago, I know I'm an idiot. My question is do they have those ignition breathalyzers for motorcycles? I just sold my car, and all I have right now is my bike. Not sure what's going to happen once my resticted licence runs out and I have to get my licence reinstated, I've heard that you have to get a breathalyzer installed in your car for a year, just wondering if they have something for a motorcycle?
thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Breathalyzer for motorcycles???? (rusted_eyes)

i don't know. My friend got a DUI and they just installed the breathalyzer on his truck, but not on his motorcycle. I don't think it would work on a motorcycle. I know in his truck he has to blow when he wants to start it, then 5 minutes later, then 15 minutes later, and then 45 minutes later. I think the incriments just keep getting larger. Anyways, hard to do on a motorcycle.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Breathalyzer for motorcycles???? (slvrblckf4i)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrblckf4i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't know. My friend got a DUI and they just installed the breathalyzer on his truck, but not on his motorcycle. I don't think it would work on a motorcycle. I know in his truck he has to blow when he wants to start it, then 5 minutes later, then 15 minutes later, and then 45 minutes later. I think the incriments just keep getting larger. Anyways, hard to do on a motorcycle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah that's what I figured but if that's the only way I can get my licence back what can I do?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i believe (not fact) the wording my friend said was that "the device is to be installed on the primary vehicle of the offender." In your car that sounds like it would be the motorcycle. but it seems like it would be pretty inconvenient to have that thing on your bike. Why dont you ask someone in a position to give you an answer? Call the local courts, or police department or something.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:40 PM

I thought that was only for movies
Old 02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Breathalyzer for motorcycles???? (stroked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stroked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought that was only for movies </TD></TR></TABLE>

no way there was a guy i knew who used to have a friend blow in it so he could drive home sometimes.

maybe they wont install it on the bike because they figure that if you are drunk on your bike you will just take care of the situation yourself.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Breathalyzer for motorcycles???? (Racer28)

Just chove it in the intake ducts for a constant breath of air.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Find a cute girl (if you don't have one already). Ask her if she's into blow jobs.

Have you checked with the agency enforcing your restricted permit? They would know best...
Old 02-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrblckf4i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't know. My friend got a DUI and they just installed the breathalyzer on his truck, but not on his motorcycle. I don't think it would work on a motorcycle. I know in his truck he has to blow when he wants to start it, then 5 minutes later, then 15 minutes later, and then 45 minutes later. I think the incriments just keep getting larger. Anyways, hard to do on a motorcycle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im guessing your friend has gotten more then one dui?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've only heard of people getting those installed on their car if they have multiple DUI's. I doubt they'd ever install one on a bike, theyd just let Darwinism take care of that.