HYPER 2000 Fullmega N1+

more info at
http://www.kakimotoracing.com/index1024.html

thank you for your time.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (DJHan)

Very nice exhaust guaranteed to get a VI in Vancouver cuz its Super LOUD.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (AJ PwR)

Very nice exhaust guaranteed to get a VI in Vancouver cuz its Super LOUD.
LOUD huh?
AJ PwR are you the guy at A&J shop?
if you are sorry I ain't gonna get spoon wheels now even you offer me so good
maybe later or something , as long as Kakimoto and Apex N1 is LOUD
back to Spoon N1 ?

goin to AJ tomorrow to get Springs tho..I hope AJ have some left over springs
dont wanna wait..
Old 06-25-2002, 11:19 PM
New User

Both the GT1.OZ and the Kakimoto N1 are just as loud as other N1 style systems out there in the market. That include Apex'i, 5 Zigen, Buddy Club, and..............

But Kakimoto Racing have a silencer available for both of them, and with the silencer on, it will quiet down a lot. It still a bit louder than stock, but not louder than other aftermarket exhaust system out there!!

The GT1.OZ is the new fully stainless steel catback and it is very light weight. I think it weight around 16lbs for the whole catback, not bad for a full SS exhaust.

The Kakimoto N1 is your typical N1 style exhaust.

DJHan: I would say go with the GT1.OZ, the quality of it is top notch and much nicer than most exhaust you can find out there. Since you are in Van, just go down to Boom Plus Toys and check it out yourself.

Old 06-25-2002, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (mafay2)

thankx for the infos mafay2
I was goin to boom+toys tomorrow anyway

Old 06-25-2002, 11:45 PM

How much do they run...could not find a price on the web site...
Old 06-26-2002, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (EagleR)

Acura Integra DC2 GT 1.0Z for $849
FullMage N1 for $769
you can find prices at the
http://www.kakimotoracing.com/index1024.html
Applications&Specs

Im goin to the shop tomorrow
will ask them for special offer or somethin
let you know more
Old 06-26-2002, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got Spoon and KGM if you need

Don't get Spoon wheels ,, get ROTAs lol.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:59 AM

ok~* AJ PwR gimme super ultra special DEAL~!
I call A&J nobody pickin up its 10:45am now
will be there about noon or around 2
I hope Alan gimme super ultra special DEAL~!

lookin for Springs & N1
Old 06-26-2002, 09:42 PM

As long as Kakimoto and Apex N1 is LOUD
back to Spoon N1 ?
If you think the Spoon N1 is quieter than the Apex'i or Kakimoto N1, you are fooling yourself.

I used to have the Spoon N1, it is VERY DAMN LOUD. I heard both the Apex'i and Kakimoto N1 with/without silencer, both are still loud without silencer, but definitely quieter than the Spoon N1 that I used to have. With the silencer, both are not that loud.

As for quality of Kakimoto exhaust, I think it is top notch, better than a lot of other exhaust that is made in Japan. I have the 70mm Kakimoto R catback on my car now, and dyno showed that it gained 6whps peak over the Spoon N1.

So overall, I have a quieter exhaust system that made more power with the Kakimoto R. Am I happy? Hell YES!!!!!!

I have to give to Kakimoto exhaust.

P.S. I like how the GT1OZ looked in the picture, too bad it wasn't availabe when I got the Kakimoto R. It looked like it will give even more power gain, but also it would be LOUD w/o the silencer.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Founding Member

I got Spoon and KGM if you need
When was this? I still need some Spoon sets

PS - Before you consider the Kakimoto exhaust Ask for a picture of the inside of the piping to see the Resonator opening. It seems people aren't mentioning the Small entrance the resonator has.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:51 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (TypeRmsm)

PS - Before you consider the Kakimoto exhaust Ask for a picture of the inside of the piping to see the Resonator opening. It seems people aren't mentioning the Small entrance the resonator has.
Well if you're considering the GT 1.0Z, that isn't a concern.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:07 PM

Before you consider the Kakimoto exhaust Ask for a picture of the inside of the piping to see the Resonator opening. It seems people aren't mentioning the Small entrance the resonator has.
I didn't know about the restriction in the resonator when I brought it, and it worried me when I looked at it. But I guess it doesn't really matter now, since it still make power over the Spoon N1. My thought is that the large 70mm piping made up for the small restriction at the resonator, so it still give gain over the Spoon N1.

Also, the resonator used in the Kakimoto N1 is nothing like the one used on my Kakimoto R. The N1 one is straight through with no small restriction in it at all. It looked more like a resonated test pipe. Did GT1OZ came with a resonator? I didn't see any in that picture, but I saw there is one in the other picture posted in the Civic forum awhile back.

The only bad thing about the Kakimoto is that it cost more than the Spoon N1. But I get a whole catback, so it isn't that bad afterall.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (EGtoR)

I didn't know about the restriction in the resonator when I brought it, and it worried me when I looked at it. But I guess it doesn't really matter now, since it still make power over the Spoon N1. My thought is that the large 70mm piping made up for the small restriction at the resonator, so it still give gain over the Spoon N1.

The only bad thing about the Kakimoto is that it cost more than the Spoon N1. But I get a whole catback, so it isn't that bad afterall.
LOL You didn't actually take that "Dyno" of theirs as True did you?
It was a Spoon N1 with Stock 2" B-pipe Vs a Full Kakimoto Cat Back. How about they try Dynoing the Spoon N1 which is 63mm with a 63mm B pipe.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:14 PM

But isn't the Spoon N1 designed to work and make power with stock b-pipe? If not, I would think Spoon would sell it as a catback and not only an axle back.

Well, the Spoon N1 was sold to someone else, so I guess I wouldn't able to find out.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Founding Member

But isn't the Spoon N1 designed to work and make power with stock b-pipe? If not, I would think Spoon would sell it as a catback and not only an axle back.

Well, the Spoon N1 was sold to someone else, so I guess I wouldn't able to find out.
If it was it wouldn't be 63mm. Its just made so that you can use it with a Stock B pipe or get their B pipe at a later time. And So you can use your OEM or N1 on their B pipe. Good for those who only want to use the N1 on race days.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:31 PM

The Spoon N1 I used to have isn't the newer version, so I think it is 60mm and have a bottleneck at the flange. Also, the Spoon b-pipe wasn't available back then.

Damn, Spoon should just sell it as a catback system like every other companys. This would save us a lot of trouble. Or did they think the catback would be too expensive for most ppl to buy it all at once, so they break it up into 2 difference parts.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Founding Member

Or did they think the catback would be too expensive for most ppl to buy it all at once, so they break it up into 2 difference parts.
No, Go read my above response and you'll know why
Old 06-26-2002, 10:48 PM

Good for those who only want to use the N1 on race days.
So I guess Spoon also think their N1 is too loud for STREET USE?
Old 06-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Founding Member

Good for those who only want to use the N1 on race days.

So I guess Spoon also think their N1 is too loud for STREET USE?
Would be why they have a Street and N1 Choice For some people it may be too loud as most N1's are. Myself I Daily drive with it and Don't mind it
Old 06-26-2002, 10:57 PM

Back to the topic.

DJHan: I would definitely go with the gt1oz, it look better than the N1 IMO. The N1 looked too much like other N1 system out there.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:32 PM
Banned

I think you should just go down to BPT and check out the exhaust in person; I think you will be quite impressed with the quality of the exhaust. Being a lightweight exhaust, it does also comes with lightweight resonators on the GT1.0z. That way, it can keep the noise level down. I am not sure why some people say that Kakimoto exhausts are loud. One good thing is that even some applications are loud, they have a very deep tone, unlike those such as 5Zigen how they become raspy when vtec kicks in. They have loud versions and quiet versions too. And it all depends on the set up. If you think about it, any N1 style exhausts in the market, they all have the same characteristics and same level of noise. Some of the major companies also make some of the minor company's exhaust: ie: Buddy Club = 5Zigen Spoon doesn't even have their own machinery to make their own exhaust and they farm over 50% of their stuff out to other companies. I believe that if a company focusses on one major item on their production lineup, that production lineup should be somewhat better than that of a company who sells many different products. ie: Fujitsubo No1 exhaust company in Japan. And not far behind, Kakimoto is there. Just check out the exhaust in person. At first, I was like Kakimoto? what is it? But doing some more research, then I found out what and who they are.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (Toda-R)

thank you for your time
explan me about Kakimoto

Im goin to check the sound very soon
Old 06-27-2002, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mike, Is this what you are talking about? I believe it is the outlet of the second resonator on the Kakimoto R.

While I'm not crazy about the looks of the gutts in the above picture, I have to say that the joints don't have any visable bottlenecks in them from what I can see in the pictures. I'd be interested to see some dyno graphs of the Kakimoto R exhaust on engines that produce 220+ whp.

Maybe it's time for a cat back exhaust test. Now who has a dyno and a sound meter?
Old 06-27-2002, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kakimoto Exhaust~? (SMSP)

While I'm not crazy about the looks of the gutts in the above picture, I have to say that the joints don't have any visable bottlenecks in them from what I can see in the pictures. I'd be interested to see some dyno graphs of the Kakimoto R exhaust on engines that produce 220+ whp.

Maybe it's time for a cat back exhaust test. Now who has a dyno and a sound meter?
From the looks of that pic, it looks as if "the guts" would hender exhaust flow....... Is that the N1?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kakimoto Exhaust~?