Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Del Sol Allstars No.13, Burbank, California, Untied States
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..

For all of you Del Sol owners out there asking about what the difference is between USDM, JDM and EDM, get ready because this thread is for you. This is also the place to post any of your rare Del Sol parts. By rare, we don't mean something you can go down to your local shop and pick-up or order from the Honda dealership. I'm sure you get the picture. So you think your ride is the ultimate in JDM rarity? You haven't seen nothing yet.

DO NOT POST ANY WHEELS PLEASE! (as that would be a whole other thread).

I will be posting additions to this thread little by little, omitting right hand drive only items (like the CR-X Del Sol insignia floor mats), body kits and spoilers, and rumored parts that I have yet to see in person or seen a picture of (you know those..."hey dude have you heard of"...gossip parts). I'll also try to post large clear pics whenever possible so you can really get a good look at the parts.

I've tried to post as many original pictures as possible, but some pictures I have collected over the years and have been used without the owner's consent. If you see one of your pictures that I have posted here and would like it removed, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige. Also, if you would like your picture to remain but would appreciate credit, please let me know and I'll be happy give credit where credit is due.

A QUICK NOTE: I don't claim to know it all. This thread is intended to illustrate non USDM options, some aftermarket, that are available for the del sol. I'm not going to argue about whether or not it's JDM or EDM or UKDM or GDM, etc. If you have something to add, please do, but agruing about it is just a waste of everyone's time.

With that said, hope you like the thread. If I forgot something, POST IT! Hope you like the thread....

Modified by Miko EG1 at 7:17 PM 2/6/2006

Modified by Miko EG1 at 7:46 PM 2/6/2006
Old 02-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - FRONT END

Let's start with the EXTERIOR:

JDM One-piece Headlights (EDM came two peices but in glass, not plastic as the USDM versions)

EDM Glass Auxilliary lights with 55w bulbs

JDM Accessory Fog Lights

Here's a pic of all three installed:

Modified by Miko EG1 at 8:51 PM 2/6/2006
Old 02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - REAR

JDM/EDM Tail lights (without the side reflector)

EDM Rear Mist Light and EDM Rear Panel (also comes with mist light located on passenger side)

JDM/EDM Rear License Plate Fillers

Here's a pic of all four installed:

Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - SIDE

Here's a pic of the JDM/EDM Fenders, with the side markers installed. Also notice the JDM bumper doesn't have the holes for the side reflectors...

...and the different side markers. On the right is the JDM version you're all familiar with but the EDM EH6 comes with raised and smoked side markers (center and left pics):

Modified by Miko EG1 at 10:26 AM 2/7/2006
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EXTERIOR - SIDE (Miko EG1)

damn i wish i had a pic of my SiR cluster
Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - MISCELLANEOUS RARE ITEMS

A few other exterior goodies like the accessory JDM antenna (inset picture showing item is genuine Honda):

Here's the Rear Bumper Light (you've probably seen on EG6 and DC2 models):

Of course, the infamous Transtop:

...and a few more JDM rarities: the accessory bumper trim (you've seen on EK models), headlight buzzer and my favorite, the bumper pole:

Old 02-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EXTERIOR - TARGA

Okay, okay...so these aren't rare but I thought I'd include them anyways...

Carbon Fiber Targa:

...and the coveted Glass Top

Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread. POST YOU'RE RARE DEL SOL PARTS!::

Miko you sick bastard........... .
Old 02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - GAUGE CLUSTERS

Here we go with gauge clusters:

BASIC: Here we have our usual JDM Cluster with 9500 RPM's and 180 KPM:

RARE: next is the EDM cluster with 9500 RPM but 240 KPH!:

SUPER RARE: Another EDM Cluster but look closely: MPH AND KPH. Gangsta. (UK Aftermarket Face)

One last addition. The MPH meter on the left is the standard USDM version (120 MPH) but on the right we have a EDM version that tops at 140MPH:

Modified by Miko EG1 at 8:27 PM 2/6/2006
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: INTERIOR - GAUGE CLUSTERS (Miko EG1)

Right on.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - GAUGE CLUSTERS (JDM-EJ1)

Good Stuff!!!
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - STEERING WHEEL

I'm sure you've all seen our beloved three-prong SiR Steering Wheel. Here's a pic of my leather wrapped black one:

Here's one I doubt you've seen. Ever throw on a Mugen, Momo or JDM wheel and sit there looking at your SRS cable reel, wondering how the hell to get your horm to work? I picked up an EDM Combination Switch that comes with a Horn Prong (check the arrow, top pic) just like you're used to seeing on EF's. Also, the bottom four pics show the different markings between the USDM and EDM switches. The little details make such a big difference...

Default Re: INTERIOR - GAUGE CLUSTERS (JDM-EJ1)

man thats really impressive
Old 02-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - LIMTIED (i.e. Good Luck Trying to Find This EVER!) INTERIOR

EDM again...this time with the Limited Red Interior (also available in Beige) including the Seats, Door Trim, Rear Speaker Trim, Shift Boot, and E-Brake Boot. Standard Black Leather Seats were also available (EDM):

Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - LIMTIED (i.e. Good Luck Trying to Find This EVER!) INTERIOR (Miko EG1)

Someones done their home work.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INTERIOR - LIMTIED (i.e. Good Luck Trying to Find This EVER!) INTERIOR (Miko EG1)

Mike EG1 you are a sol geek
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - VISORS

You're all familiar with the JDM Visor Conversion...

...but here's a pic of an old EDM Visor Conversion Set I had. Notice the passenger vanity is on the passenger side? German del sols had these visors and were left hand drive like the U.S. If you look closely, the writing on the visor isn't in Katakana but in English and in German:

Old 02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - GATHERS

As you all know, Gathers had numerous stereo options available for Honda's. I'll exclude the actual head units (old cassette decks - wow) and the speakers themselves but here are the Rear Gathers Speaker Covers...

and the Front Gathers Speaker Pods:

Old 02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

couple things...

the rear fog (mist light as you call it) gets mounted on the side the driver is on. In the uk, where the cars are rhd, the rear fog is ont he right side. In mainland europe, where the cars are lhd, the fog is on the left hand side.

For the license fillers, those are jdm only, not edm and jdm. Most edm cars have the long license plates that fill the entire area stock on our car.

For the two interior options, they weren't just interior options. The red interior was part of the 98 daytona edition del sol, which was silver, with the red leather interior, made from left over 97 del sol esi's(d16y8 powered). The "tan" interior, is actually orange, and came in the motegi edition del sol, which was a dark blue color.

Also, the 110mph edm guage cluster with the mph and kph on it isn't stock. Nor is it edm.
It's an aftermarket face added to a jdm gauge when the jdm car is imported to the uk. When the car comes into the uk, the guages need to be converted to mph. One of the ways to do this is to switch the guage face so that the where 180kph was before, 110 mph is now. (other ways included an electronic adjuster that is adde so that 180 kph is actually 180mph, and a small sticker covering the kph is added).

And the last thing, the rear bumper light you showed on the blue sol, is actually an aftermarket rear fog light added to a jdm car for use in places where a rear fog is needed. Basically, it's an aftermarket solution to the rear fog.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (saxman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">couple things...

the rear fog (mist light as you call it) gets mounted on the side the driver is on. In the uk, where the cars are rhd, the rear fog is ont he right side. In mainland europe, where the cars are lhd, the fog is on the left hand side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the clarification. I was just mentioning that they are avaliable on either side, not only on as pictured.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the license fillers, those are jdm only, not edm and jdm. Most edm cars have the long license plates that fill the entire area stock on our car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the UK del sols had fillers as well but those are the only that I have seen hence the JDM and EDM. More pics can be viewed at ebay.co.uk - tons of pics of UK del sols, all with fillers.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good stuff here
Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

******* sweet
Old 02-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 110mph edm guage cluster with the mph and kph on it isn't stock. Nor is it edm.
It's an aftermarket face added to a jdm gauge when the jdm car is imported to the uk. When the car comes into the uk, the guages need to be converted to mph. One of the ways to do this is to switch the guage face so that the where 180kph was before, 110 mph is now. (other ways included an electronic adjuster that is adde so that 180 kph is actually 180mph, and a small sticker covering the kph is added).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the additional info. There is also a aftermarket MPH only (at 110 MPH as well) faceplate for the KPM gauge clusters available in the UK
Old 02-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default INTERIOR - MAPLIGHTS

You're all familiar with the Map Lights...

and the Door Rods you'll need to get you door locks functioning (without mounting the original cables to the door frame):

Quick Reply: ..::The End-All JDM / EDM / Rare DEL SOL EG1/EG2 Parts Thread!::..