Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Transponder / Immobilizer Bypass

Old 12-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transponder / Immobilizer Bypass

I need your help ht.

I have a 2000 GSR motor inside my 98 Civic. My problem is that the 00' GSR has to use the 00' ECU for the Referree California. Unfortunately, the 00' GSR ecu was equipped with the immobilizer and the 98 Civic was not equipped with the immobilizer ring/module for the ignition.

With the transponder / immobilizer bypass kit like http://peripheralelectronics.c...sp#ho, http://www.bypasskit.com/produ...id=15, or the DEI 555U at http://www.directed.com ..... Will i be able to use any one of these kits to "trick" the ecu when i put my copied key (no computer chip) into the ignition?

**I will have the key (with chip) that matches the ecu inside the bypass kit.

OR

Will the ecu still check for the transponder key inside the ignition even if I have this bypass kit?

OR

If you have any other solutions such as swapping in a 00 gsr steering column w/ the immobilizer module/ring would be a good idea.

Note: If i do remove the immobilizer from the p72, the CEL will appear and will be a automatic fail

Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll just have to figure out how to get the signal from the encoded key from the module into your ECU...
Old 12-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

Like stated above. You got to find a way for the ecu to get a singal from the key. Once you get that then the you can just use the bypass kit and use the copied key.

** I like this one:
http://www.bypasskit.com/produ...id=15#
Old 12-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks pretty much like a 555H (or 556H)...

You just use your encoded key to program that unit...

Still gotta get that signal to the ECU though... Not sure how you'd go about doing that. I know there has to be a pin for the immobilizer input on the ECU, but I'm unsure if you can just splice that one pin from the module into the ECU...

I know on the 556H, there's a keysense wire, data wire and a "synch" wire, and all 3 have to be hooked up for the car to remote start...

I'm really starting to think that you're going to have to have a programmed key, and the transponder ring from the GSR to get this thing to work right...
Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks everyone. bump
Old 12-23-2005, 11:28 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Still gotta get that signal to the ECU though... Not sure how you'd go about doing that. I know there has to be a pin for the immobilizer input on the ECU, but I'm unsure if you can just splice that one pin from the module into the ECU...</TD></TR></TABLE>Do you know what the immobilizer unit is inputting into the ECU?

Is it a 12V pos. or neg. input, looking at my Haynes manuals all the single inputs from sensors and things are 12V- or +, if thats the case, [and I can't see why not] you would not need anything but maybe a relay, [if it's neg. (-) input] if it's a pos. (+) input I would think any true ign. input would work, if it's neg. (-) you would use the relay to reverse the polarity of the true ign. pos. (+) to a neg. (-).

I will try to find out that today. 94
Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a way of doing it. The gsr computer can be modded to do this. I will not post this on the net thou. This would jeperdize every 99-01 tegs. Take it to your local tuner shop and see if they know how. If not send it to me with a payed return and enough for a 12 pack of corna. And I'll do it for you. Turn aroud time is 1 day, As soon as I get it it. I will ship it out the same day. If not good luck. because you have to have the key that was programmed to that computer. dealer charges 3 bills to do it. I did my 99 teg.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer)

opps. I did not see your last line. It will not throw a cell if you remove the chipp.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">opps. I did not see your last line. It will not throw a cell if you remove the chipp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You sure it won't throw a CEL if the Immobilizer is removed? I've been reading up on threads and they say it will throw a constant CEL...
Old 12-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I doubt they use an analog signal. Which means hooking a relay up wont work. It is more then likely a digital combination into the ECU.

Can someone post a pic of the haynes manual or scan and IM me with a link to download. Yousendit.com works nice. I might be able to come up with something.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxxtreme)

?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doubt they use an analog signal. Which means hooking a relay up wont work. It is more then likely a digital combination into the ECU.

Can someone post a pic of the haynes manual or scan and IM me with a link to download. Yousendit.com works nice. I might be able to come up with something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will a wiring diagram of the Immobilizer Circuit for a 2000 Integra GSR work?

I can give you any diagram you need.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SupaMien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupaMien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will a wiring diagram of the Immobilizer Circuit for a 2000 Integra GSR work?
I can give you any diagram you need.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Possibly, I'm an EE but I dont know anything about this type of imobilzer. The more information you can provide the better.

Can the ring be removed from the GSR column and placed int the car somewhere with the key next to it?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure if i can remove the ring from the GSR column. Here is the diagram, you can click on the other link which is the blown up version.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....x.jpg

bump
Old 12-24-2005, 09:04 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh oh that looks like more then one pin for the immobilizer into the ECM I am not an EE So I don't know what you could do other then to get the "Immobilizer Receiver Unit" and install a bypass module and trigger the bypass every time you turn on the ign., that way you would not need a coded key and sending unit at the ign. switch. 94

PS.... sounds like wrx-killer has the answer
Old 12-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres what I got out of the schematic. From the looks of it there are only three wire that are important.

IMMOB enable-&gt; sends a signal to the reciever to let it know to check for a valid code.

IMMOB code in-&gt; then sends a digital signal back to the ECU. If the code matches whats in the ECU then it enables Fuel pump CTRL.

So measure Fuel pump ctrl it should be 12v and goes to ground when activated. All you would have to is supply ground to the grn/yel wire when the ignition is turned on.

Does the cell light turn on if the ECU never recieves the code?

This would be easy if you had a Logic analyzer you could trigger on the IMMOB enable pin and capture the code on IMMOB code in. Repeating the code wold be a piece of cake.

Anyone got a diagram for the DEI part?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is the wiring diagram for the DEI 555u which requires a transponder key.

If you read at the bottom it says:

NOTE: During takeover, the key sense wire will activate the relay turning off the 55u.

You think I can "deactivate" the sense wire so it thinks the key is always in?
Old 12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my 00 gsr is the same way. I did my ecu and did not have a problem. I have one more way if you are nervious about a cel. pm me and I will tell you. I not going to post this on a public form. fcm and nsx hit me up and I will tell you to. you guys seem real trust worthy . This way you keep the ecu the same and dont have to change anything.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump. I pmed you you wrx
Old 12-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you are taken care of.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like you are taken care of.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlUeDC2nEr)

Bump. STill looking for other solutions.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would not use the 555h to program...i have seen them lose programing....the 555u works good but you have to leave a key in the box ...i cut off the key part and leave the the transpoder in the box...i would not leave the unit on all the time either...when you put the other key in it will throw off the values.......

ghetto trick....glue the transponder on the cylinder use generic keys without out transpoders
Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Transponder / Immobilizer Bypass

i am haveing the same problem guys, i just recently put a 01 itr swap in my hatch 00 and i cant turn it on because of the Immobilizer. please help me out.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP bring this thread back lol...i need help right now with my obd2b gsr swap
Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

copy honda's bypass on the older ecu's, damn near every obd2 honda ecu has a location for the immo, if you look underneith they have some resistors soldered into place to bypass it from the factory if it didnt come with one. pluck the resistors from an old p2e or p2p or just mearly copy them using some radioshack resistors of equal values's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transponder / Immobilizer Bypass