Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Fields "Boxer series" SFC-VTEC controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fields "Boxer series" SFC-VTEC controller

I bought one of these for my girl and installed it myself, However, the installation was the easy part. How the hell do I tune the damn thing? LOL I know this sounds dumb, but could someone who knows what they're talking about please tell me the basics of the air/fuel mixtures in relation to this application? I got the VTEC controller adjustment just fine, but I'm having a hard time understanding the fuel curve.
Lemme see, PLEASE someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that when I'm on throttle I should make it more lean as the RPMs raise. And when VTEC enguages I should make it even more lean to accomadate for the excess fuel that's being dumped in...but why would it dump MORE fuel in the first place if its better to make it leaner....but....and.....DAYM!!! I'm confused. Now my girl is stuck in a '98 Prelude that hits vtec at 4,700 rpms and is slower than sh*t because I don't understand the fuel curve!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Is there anyone here that has the same setup? (Cold air intake/exhaust/sfc controller) Thanks!

Peace

[Modified by Sapper, 4:26 PM 6/6/2002]
Old 06-06-2002, 07:35 AM
New User

Default Re: Fields "Boxer series" SFC-VTEC controller (Sapper)

The Field unit would be tuned the same way you tune any other A/F controller. And the only real way to tune an air/fuel/VTEC controller is on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor. You want to get the a/f to in the range of 12.5:1 - 13.5:1 accross the board.

Randomly fooling around with your A/F settings is a bad idea. You will cause serious damage to your motor if you run too lean.

Andrew
Old 06-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fields "Boxer series" SFC-VTEC controller (Sapper)

yup, dyno is the best way. don't be fooling around with that thing.