Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16 transmission rebuild...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 transmission rebuild...

First off i dont know the code for it and i dont really care but I need to rebuild my transmission due to the infamous third gear grind. My fourth and fifth are also starting so i think its time.

First off i have a JDM b16a hydro swap in my 95 civic cx. I'm a noob at this but i have no other choice but to do it myself (money or the lack of) plus i want to learn and i'll have experienced peeps helping me out but i need to know the prices, write ups if any, and the best tools to get the job done.

Thanks for your help and post up your suggestions or links because i searched for the last half hour and came up with jack-didly squat!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: B16 transmission rebuild... (AMECustom)

wow nobody hahaha this is sad
Old 10-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alot of people have used neo synthetic when doing a tranny flush and found that their 3rd gear grind goes away. As far as rebulding a b16 tranny im almost possitive a rebuild kit for a 99 civic si tranny would work i could be wrong, but at least im helping to the best of my knowledge. Good luck
Old 10-30-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: B16 transmission rebuild... (Altizzy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Altizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alot of people have used neo synthetic when doing a tranny flush and found that their 3rd gear grind goes away. As far as rebulding a b16 tranny im almost possitive a rebuild kit for a 99 civic si tranny would work i could be wrong, but at least im helping to the best of my knowledge. Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i planned on putting in some GM synchromesh but that only temporarily solves the problem. I'd rather nip this thing in the but and start fresh. I got screwed on this trans from inlinepro. The day the finished the install i took it for a drive and on the way home putting it in third gear i felt the slightest of grinds but shrugged it off. About a month later is when it started becomming consistent and i knew inline would do nothing about it. thanks for your help
Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

b16 trannys are notorious for their 3rd gear grind. I have a few friends who found a simple flush fixes the problem completely. It all relies on the severity of your synchros damage. If a flush doesnt fix the problem take your tranny out and bring any worn or damaged parts to a dealership, they'll be more than happy to help you out. But if you do flush it, try Neo (its magical)
Old 10-30-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: B16 transmission rebuild... (Altizzy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Altizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">b16 trannys are notorious for their 3rd gear grind. I have a few friends who found a simple flush fixes the problem completely. It all relies on the severity of your synchros damage. If a flush doesnt fix the problem take your tranny out and bring any worn or damaged parts to a dealership, they'll be more than happy to help you out. But if you do flush it, try Neo (its magical) </TD></TR></TABLE>

I really dont think a flush will do it since its been grinding for about 2 months and the damage is probablly done. I know gear-speed is probably the place i'll order my parts from but i want to know how much/ how to's/ time it'll take to complete the rebuild...thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=642479

all you need buddy, that and parts from gearspeed....they should have the price for you when you pm them
Old 10-30-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: (vancoland)

Thanks for your help bro finally somebody with some knowledge!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: (AMECustom)

damn no transmission rebuilding on that link...now i know how to take it out
thanks vancoland...i guess

Modified by AMECustom at 8:27 PM 10/30/2005
Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

?...taking it apart and putting it together with new parts that you need to replace is the rebuilding process...what more do you need
Old 10-30-2005, 04:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vancoland &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">?...taking it apart and putting it together with new parts that you need to replace is the rebuilding process...what more do you need</TD></TR></TABLE>

I asked for a "how to" you gave me a link to more links. Also the links on that page did not give even remotely close detail to the process or to my specific transmission for that matter. Basically you gave me nothing...so i need everything answered to what i put in my first post
Old 10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok dude...i found this in 30 seconds...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=795700

manual transmissions are manual transmissions...they contains the same moving parts...how specific do you want it?

take pictures of your damaged parts and pm gear speed on here and ask them what you need to replace and order it from them...not that hard to figure out even if you didn't know what the parts are in the tranny.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vancoland &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok dude...i found this in 30 seconds...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=795700

manual transmissions are manual transmissions...they contains the same moving parts...how specific do you want it?

take pictures of your damaged parts and pm gear speed on here and ask them what you need to replace and order it from them...not that hard to figure out even if you didn't know what the parts are in the tranny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wanted a specific how to for my exact trans...like i said i've never done this before so i want to make sure i do it right. Thanks for that link it seems like thats kinda what i needed. It still doesnt tell me how to replace the synchro's, gears or rebuild say the parts that are fucked up. I'm not tryin to be a dick but that still doesnt tell me how to rebuild it using all new parts. And as for sending pics to gearspeed...they could say "Ya all of it is bad you need to replace everything" to make money off someone who is inexperienced
Old 10-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanted a specific how to for my exact trans...like i said i've never done this before so i want to make sure i do it right. Thanks for that link it seems like thats kinda what i needed. It still doesnt tell me how to replace the synchro's, gears or rebuild say the parts that are fucked up. I'm not tryin to be a dick but that still doesnt tell me how to rebuild it using all new parts. And as for sending pics to gearspeed...they could say "Ya all of it is bad you need to replace everything" to make money off someone who is inexperienced </TD></TR></TABLE>

That trans is exactly the same as yours except that the gear ratios are different and it has a different dif, which you wont even bother with.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:32 PM

I want my questions to be answered so that confident people like myself who dont want to have someone else do their work for em' can learn and gain experience. I'm done with others doin it for me so i want to start somewhere. I know i can do it as long as i got a manual and tools. i'm buyin a helms manual before i do it i just wanted to get some pre-build knowledge into my head. There has to be a write up on rebuilding some b series transmission on here...
Old 10-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: (Atheist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Atheist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That trans is exactly the same as yours except that the gear ratios are different and it has a different dif, which you wont even bother with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya so there not techically the same. Thanks for that bit of info but that link told how to install a limited slip, not rebuild a trans. The search continues
Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya so there not techically the same. Thanks for that bit of info but that link told how to install a limited slip, not rebuild a trans. The search continues </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go buy a helms if you want to know the exact specs on everything.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: (Atheist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Atheist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go buy a helms if you want to know the exact specs on everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya i will but i thought HT with its infinite wisdom would have had some type of transmission rebuild specific post on here...
Old 10-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a helms will tell you everything ht can tell you...rebuilding a tranny is not space science like you're making it out to be...its just replacing the same parts that are damage.

no one on here is gonna hold you're hand and walk you thru everything...you're not trying to be a dick but you are doing that...many people have rebuilt their tranny using that link and you just reply that its not complete enough or that its not EXACTLY your tranny...THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME THINGs...gears and ect. All you have to do is find out what is messed up and ask the supplier which one is right for your tranny. LSD is an OPTION...not a requirement...you don't even have the patient to read it...how are you gonna rebuild a tranny?

if you're conscious about taking pics of the tranny and asking gear speed about what is messed up...then post the pics on ht and ask the members...how come you couldn't think of that?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vancoland &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a helms will tell you everything ht can tell you...rebuilding a tranny is not space science like you're making it out to be...its just replacing the same parts that are damage.

no one on here is gonna hold you're hand and walk you thru everything...you're not trying to be a dick but you are doing that...many people have rebuilt their tranny using that link and you just reply that its not complete enough or that its not EXACTLY your tranny...THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME THINGs...gears and ect. All you have to do is find out what is messed up and ask the supplier which one is right for your tranny. LSD is an OPTION...not a requirement...you don't even have the patient to read it...how are you gonna rebuild a tranny?

if you're conscious about taking pics of the tranny and asking gear speed about what is messed up...then post the pics on ht and ask the members...how come you couldn't think of that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How am i gonna take pics if its not disassembled? You contributed nothin to this thread so leave now. Thanks for the link and again i will ask for a a "HOW TO" on rebuilding a transmission. You keep goin on with its the same trans, you dont have to install the limited slip blah blah blah...
but its no a rebuilding thread. Thanks and theres no need for you to continue posting in here unless you can show me a how to
Old 10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg you dumb fawk...i tried being nice...that link shows you how to disassemble everything...its IS A HOW TO on rebuilding a transmission...stupid ***....what the fawk do you think rebuilding is?...starting from scratch?...its taking it apart and putting the same new shiet back in....fawking loser, read the thread ***
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM

it showed how to replace the synchros, and gears...wait no it didnt. I did take the time to read it. Leave now and ne'er return
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Wow thats awesome. Tranny's scare me (and prob alot of other ppl too). Would like to see a how to replace synchros! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats directly out of the thread you gave me!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omfg....you are the most stupidess person i've ever seen...scroll down to disassembling countershaft.

No one is posting because i already answered your question retard. I never said that all trannys are the same....i said that a manual transmission is a manual transmission and they all have gear sets...you want specific info about what syncros your b16 tranny needs?...that can be found by asking the supplier when you order!!!

how much more clearer can i get and how much dumber can you get?...rebuilding a tranny is disassembling and assembling in reverse order!!! how the fawk are you gonna say i didn't point you in the direction of rebuilding a tranny?...damn illiterate
Old 10-30-2005, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vancoland &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">omfg....you are the most stupidess person i've ever seen...scroll down to disassembling countershaft.

No one is posting because i already answered your question retard. I never said that all trannys are the same....i said that a manual transmission is a manual transmission and they all have gear sets...you want specific info about what syncros your b16 tranny needs?...that can be found by asking the supplier when you order!!!

how much more clearer can i get and how much dumber can you get?...rebuilding a tranny is disassembling and assembling in reverse order!!! how the fawk are you gonna say i didn't point you in the direction of rebuilding a tranny?...damn illiterate</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you not see what i quoted. And why are you getting so upset. if your right great move on. You didnt point me in the direction of rebuilding one. He did not rebuild his trans at all during that post. The guy on there even asked for a how to of what i'm looking for. Theres no need to get so bent out of shape and as for your insults go **** yourself

Quick Reply: B16 transmission rebuild...