Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

power door lock stuck on the "lock position"

Old 03-05-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door lock stuck on the "lock position"

I purchased a used 96 Civic Dx which has no power door lock from factory. The owner had a alarm w/ power door lock installed. My problem is the passenger side is stuck on the "lock" position. I tried forcing the unlock tab and opening the door at the same time but it just will not open?! I tried disconnecting the battery and I still can not open the door. I guess the power door lock actuators is dead?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: power door lock stuck on the "lock position" (volkdlr)

there is usually a lead or soft metal bracket that fastens the accuator rod to the factory lock rod, sometimes that peice gets jammed or slipps. take the door panel off and check it out. it will probably be a quick fix. goodluck with the lock
Old 03-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: power door lock stuck on the "lock position" (peichie)

problem is I can not even open the door to remove the door panel
Old 03-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you unlock it with the key?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you unlock it with the key?</TD></TR></TABLE>
nope, i already tried that.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm... Maybe you can remove the door handle/lock bezel (one screw) and/or the door handle cup and reach inside the door and manually move the lock rod?

Can you feel the door lock and unlock? You know, how they sortof click when you operate it by hand? What happens when you try to unlock the door via remote? Can you hear the actuator moving?

If so, it may not be the lock that's giving you problems... It may be that the latch itself is frozen...

Dunno what to do if that's the case.. :shrugs:
Old 03-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm... Maybe you can remove the door handle/lock bezel (one screw) and/or the door handle cup and reach inside the door and manually move the lock rod?

Can you feel the door lock and unlock? You know, how they sortof click when you operate it by hand? What happens when you try to unlock the door via remote? Can you hear the actuator moving?

If so, it may not be the lock that's giving you problems... It may be that the latch itself is frozen...

Dunno what to do if that's the case.. :shrugs:</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would also like to know this, i can hear the actuator moving but it wont lock/unlock unless you pull on the latch.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: (TK715)

my door got stuck like that (open though) and just wriggling the bar for the lock reset it... so Im guessing what was said above, taking that lock peice off the door and wiggling that bar all ways until it is loose should work... you will have more mobility and the ability to disconnect it to move as needed as well... (disconnect from plastic lock unlock switch) though I dont know how to do that in that position.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Updates?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol ... can't open it up cause it's stuck closed

Sorry, no ideas ... just thought that was funny
Old 03-12-2005, 10:56 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: (Synthead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by volkdlr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I purchased a used 96 Civic Dx which has no power door lock from factory. The owner had a alarm w/ power door lock installed. My problem is the passenger side is stuck on the "lock" position. I tried forcing the unlock tab and opening the door at the same time but it just will not open?! I tried disconnecting the battery and I still can not open the door. I guess the power door lock actuators is dead?</TD></TR></TABLE>I have run into this problem a few times, and it can be a real pain, a few times we were able to remove the door panel, [without damage] but most of the time we hade to cut the panel to get it out, most of the time the cause was improperly installed DL motors and hookups, [keeping the door from being unlocked, [opened] once or twice it was the cars OEM latching mech. all that said, a few times we were able to "unlock" the door with key or inside manual switch by just locking and unlocking repeatedly untill it unlocked. good luck 94