Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe?

Old 08-03-2004, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe?

hey guys,

we just bought a 99 civic ex coupe on saturday for my girlfriend (and got rid of her 98 cavalier - Yeah!). anyways, its displaying "code" on the radio, and we dont know the code.

besides pulling the stereo to get the serial number and call honda; isn't there a location on the car where they put a sticker with the code? i'm thinking there was sticker on the metal body under the center console in one of my past hondas and it had the stereo code. is there something like this on our 99 civic?

also, anyone know how to program the keyless remotes on this car? the remote that came with her car was chewed up by a dog (or something) and it doesn't work. but, i still have the 2 remotes from my 96 civic ex (im using an aftermarket alarm). i looked up the programming sequence in my shop manuals, but, its only for 96-98 civics as it uses the "valet" button on the radio. well, her radio doesn't have a valet button.

i did several searches on here and found another programming sequence that involves turning the key to on and off and on and off and then pressing a button on an existing working remote to enter programming mode and then you can add the other remotes, but, we dont have a working remote. any ideas?

thanks guys,
-mike
Old 08-03-2004, 10:19 AM

I have a 2000 civic and I know there is not a sticker anywhere with the radio code. You have to pull it out to get the serial number and call a dealership and if they are nice about it, you can just get it over the phone.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (supadupamikey)

Whether or not your car has a sticker somewhere, will really depend on the tech who did the PDI(predelivery inspection).

Some do it. Some dont.

A few good places to look:
-Inisde your glove box(also around the sides of the glove box when its opened)
-inside your owners manual
-on the underside of your trunk
-inside the caps that cover your brake lights(inside the trunk).

In some year hondas(cant remember which), there is a trick you can do to the radio to make it display the code.
Call your nearest dealer and ask them.

Otherwise, you will have to pull the radio.

Once you get the code, write it down and put it somewhere safe.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (supadupamikey)

I have a 95 and one day my batt died. My stupid *** tape deck did its little anti-theft thing and I dont have a radio code. You can either take the deck out yourself and get the serial number off the back and call Honda North America or you can take it to a local dealer and they will do it. But they tried to charge me like $80 just to get the code. If you like the stock deck, I would recommend taking it out yourself. It isn't hard. If your deck is like mine was (shitty) I would just buy a new one. You could get a nofrills CD player for about 100. I got a Pioneer DEHP4600MP. Its really nice

http://www.circuitcity.com/det...6&m=1
Old 08-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (texasnick)

The Honda dealership asked for $10 when I lost my code. All you need is the serial number on the back.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (Slopoke)

thanks!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whether or not your car has a sticker somewhere, will really depend on the tech who did the PDI(predelivery inspection).

Some do it. Some dont.

A few good places to look:
-Inisde your glove box(also around the sides of the glove box when its opened)
-inside your owners manual
-on the underside of your trunk
-inside the caps that cover your brake lights(inside the trunk).

In some year hondas(cant remember which), there is a trick you can do to the radio to make it display the code.
Call your nearest dealer and ask them.

Otherwise, you will have to pull the radio.

Once you get the code, write it down and put it somewhere safe. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (texasnick)

thanks for the feedback guys. i know how to take the stereo out, i was just thinking there should be a sticker somewhere and i could go the easy-route and not have to call the dealer. i'll check those places listed tonight and see what i can find...
Old 08-05-2004, 09:56 AM

the serial number was on a little white sticker in the glove box. i called up the local dealer and got no hassle getting the code. Yeah!!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 AM

Your best bet is to bring it to the dealer
Old 08-05-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Anyone know where to find the radio code on 99 Civic ex coupe? (skooboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by supadupamikey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the serial number was on a little white sticker in the glove box. i called up the local dealer and got no hassle getting the code. Yeah!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skooboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your best bet is to bring it to the dealer</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how come no one will post theirs???? or will it not work??? cuz i have the same problem too...
Old 08-18-2004, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

every radio has a different code your best bet is to take it to a honda dealer.. they look mines up for free and gave me the code.. cuz i i bought the car used and never recieve the code which i todl them
Old 08-18-2004, 06:35 AM

well it turned out that the number on the sticker in the glove box was a valid serial number, however, it was not the serial number for the radio in the car... im not sure if it was just complete coincidence that it was a valid serial number, or if the previous owner changed the stereo...

regardless, i ended up taking the stereo out and getting the serial number directly off the bottom of the radio...

i just need to call and get the code for this serial number now

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by supadupamikey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the serial number was on a little white sticker in the glove box. i called up the local dealer and got no hassle getting the code. Yeah!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-18-2004, 07:02 AM

honda dealership!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SeanJohn1802)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how come no one will post theirs???? or will it not work??? cuz i have the same problem too...</TD></TR></TABLE>

here, try mine. 13152
Old 08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

here, try mine. 13152 </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, thanks bro, i already got it though, went in this morning and they hooked me up free
Old 08-19-2004, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SeanJohn1802)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, thanks bro, i already got it though, went in this morning and they hooked me up free </TD></TR></TABLE>

told u it was free.. as long as that the stock radio issue to the car the code will be easy to look up at the dealership and its free