Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

S2K Steering Wheel Diameter?

Old 07-17-2004, 10:56 AM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default S2K Steering Wheel Diameter?

What is the steering wheel diameter for the S2K?

Is it 360mm?

Thanks

Old 07-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: S2K Steering Wheel Diameter? (ITRbroham)

FWIW, the S2000 Spoon one is 360mm.

http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon...erior

Edit: Look what I found:

http://www.honda.com.au/showro...n.htm

Introduction
The interior ergonomics of the S2000 set this vehicle apart from all others. Seat, steering wheel, shift lever and pedal positions all reinforce the oneness of driver and car.

The small 360mm-diameter steering wheel offers direct steering response, with an optimised shape and thickness for delicacy of control and a non-slip, punch-finish leather surface.

The compact digital instrument panel gives the driver unobstructed at-a-glance information. The tachometer, a vital element of sports driving, features a vivid graphic display for instant readability, while speed is indicated by a large digital readout. Warning lights are clustered logically and switches are positioned according to their frequency fo use for maximum driving efficiency.

The unique racing spirit of Honda is obvious from the moment you turn the key - nothing happens. You've time to relax, sit back and compose yourself. Then you hit the red starter button that lights the competitive fire within the S2000.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:32 PM
shit post warrior

Default Re: S2K Steering Wheel Diameter? (JMS JT)

Thanks, John!

I'm thinking of getting the smaller Mugen steering wheel at 350mm.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S2K Steering Wheel Diameter? (ITRbroham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITRbroham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks, John!

I'm thinking of getting the smaller Mugen steering wheel at 350mm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've thought about getting a steering wheel also but I don't want to lose both airbags.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: S2K Steering Wheel Diameter? (JMS JT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMS JT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've thought about getting a steering wheel also but I don't want to lose both airbags.</TD></TR></TABLE>

with the right hub adapter, it comes with a resistor so you don't get an SRS light and the passenger airbag still works.

IMO, don't go smaller than 330mm.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:44 PM

the spoon wheel is actually 350
momo only makes two size wheels 350 and 320

the S2000, CTR and ITR all sport momo 350mm wheels

if you autocross I def recomond the 350 (the larger wheel offers more leverage and less lock-to-lock tunrs)
Old 07-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jdm AP1)

ive been actually looking into steering wheels, i just recently purchase a splash "short style hub" located in this picture

splash hub

i have yet to see if that resister fuse thing actually puts out the srs light, it mentions on a site that sells them that it does.

the reason why i chose this was that i didnt want the steering wheel to sit to close to me since im currently looking to buy a rapfix style quick release.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm AP1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the spoon wheel is actually 350
momo only makes two size wheels 350 and 320

the S2000, CTR and ITR all sport momo 350mm wheels

if you autocross I def recomond the 350 (the larger wheel offers more leverage and less lock-to-lock tunrs)

for more info contact momo at (949)380-7556</TD></TR></TABLE>

what did u mean by less lock to lock turns.

they offer a momo mod 78 which is similar to the monte carlo which is almost the same as the spoon but with red stiching and differnt horn button. the mod 78 is just suede.

but right now im looking at either the momo top power 300mm , mod 78 330mm, sparco ring 330mm.

but i may go with ardy suggestion on not geting anything below that. however i will try my friends momo team which is 280mm to see how it looks. its really tiny and looks smaller than the arcade steering wheel.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Re: (jdm AP1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm AP1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure what you're talking about, you don't want a larger wheel for auto-x or road racing. Large steering wheels belong on buses and semi-trucks, not on sports cars the idea of going with a smaller wheel is to increase steering response and increase room in an already small cabin.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vapor)

so vipor would you reccommend 330mm? i heard in another thread that you scared duc w/ your driving?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Re: (Eh2 to Ap1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eh2 to Ap1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so vipor would you reccommend 330mm? i heard in another thread that you scared duc w/ your driving? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, nothing smaller than that, looks goofy and IMO too small to run at the track. I just took duc out for a session at streets of willow, didn't know I scared him, he was having fun!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

since i know you have the sparco ring 330mm, how does the view of the cluster look like? does the rpm's barely peak out? would you think the 320mm steering wheel is too small? also, how doy ou like the suede? has it worn down?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eh2 to Ap1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since i know you have the sparco ring 330mm, how does the view of the cluster look like? does the rpm's barely peak out? would you think the 320mm steering wheel is too small? also, how doy ou like the suede? has it worn down? </TD></TR></TABLE>

it mainly depends on how tall you are and what seat you are running. I've got the steering colomn spaced 20mm lower right now. I'm not sure about the stock cluster since I'm running the stack. As far as the 320mm being too small, it'll depend on the thickness of the wheel and design. Suede is very good for grip, looks nicer than the leather wrapped wheels but does wear down if you've got sweaty palms or grip that wheel firmly.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 PM
PNB
GatorNATION

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure what you're talking about, you don't want a larger wheel for auto-x or road racing. Large steering wheels belong on buses and semi-trucks, not on sports cars the idea of going with a smaller wheel is to increase steering response and increase room in an already small cabin. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he was saying the larger of the two Momo wheels, one being the 350mm and the other being the 320mm.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (PNB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PNB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think he was saying the larger of the two Momo wheels, one being the 350mm and the other being the 320mm. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what he said. He recommended that running a larger wheel was better for the track/auto-x which isn't the case when there's power steering, there's no need for more leverage.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I need recommendations on a steering wheel hub for a Momo steering wheel on the S2000. I looked over Momo's compatibility list and the S2000 is absent. Both of the Momo dealers that I talked to do not know what to recommend in the Momo line.

I heard that Momo makes an adapter for the Civic and Integra that also fits the S2000. Is that true?

Would it be easy to shorten a Momo adapter if it can be made to work?

Eh2 to Ap1, where did you buy your Splash hub? I assume it's a six bolt on 70 mm diameter mounting to fit the Momo? How's the fitment to the cable reel?

I'm negotiating to buy a Mod 27 wheel for my car. My car is very nearly dedicated to track use and I really feel the need for a much smaller wheel. Due to an ankle injury that limits range of motion, I need to use leg-action a lot more than the average driver. So, I need a wheel that also adds a lot of "thigh" room so that I am able to be less restricted in the pedal box. I also want to get into/out of the high bolster racing seat easier.

The Mod 27 wheel does not come drilled but my intent is to drill it for the standard 6-bolt circle.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not sure what you're talking about, you don't want a larger wheel for auto-x or road racing. Large steering wheels belong on buses and semi-trucks, not on sports cars the idea of going with a smaller wheel is to increase steering response and increase room in an already small cabin. </TD></TR></TABLE>

for curcuit a smaller wheel benifits due to high speed steering response.. but for autox or low speed cornering the bigger the wheel the easier it is to manuver...

it's like having a steering quickner... while a 320mm may offer 3 turns for full lock (usefull if conering at speed exceeding 65-70mph due to not to much twiching) a 350mm wheel goes full lock on 1.8 (based on 3 turn ratio of 320mm) which allows for more wheel angle in less time =faster turn in while at low speeds

it's not complicated its simlpe geomerty
that's why in drift cars wheels in diameters of 380 are even used.. so that more angle can be achieved with less hand over wheel work...
Old 07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LaterApex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LaterApex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need recommendations on a steering wheel hub for a Momo steering wheel on the S2000. I looked over Momo's compatibility list and the S2000 is absent. Both of the Momo dealers that I talked to do not know what to recommend in the Momo line.

I heard that Momo makes an adapter for the Civic and Integra that also fits the S2000. Is that true?

Would it be easy to shorten a Momo adapter if it can be made to work?

Eh2 to Ap1, where did you buy your Splash hub? I assume it's a six bolt on 70 mm diameter mounting to fit the Momo? How's the fitment to the cable reel?

I'm negotiating to buy a Mod 27 wheel for my car. My car is very nearly dedicated to track use and I really feel the need for a much smaller wheel. Due to an ankle injury that limits range of motion, I need to use leg-action a lot more than the average driver. So, I need a wheel that also adds a lot of "thigh" room so that I am able to be less restricted in the pedal box. I also want to get into/out of the high bolster racing seat easier.

The Mod 27 wheel does not come drilled but my intent is to drill it for the standard 6-bolt circle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got the splash quick release from this rx7 place in city of industry. i will post the location once i find it. im helping s2x right not to get a boss hub short style one. but im looking around. all i know of that sell the short style hub is splash and that other one.

hkb and spoon makes a regular size hub. hkb is 90-100 bucks, and spoon is around 160.

some guy on s2ki has the same exact hub i have read his post. i only have pictures right now of my hub, because im wiating for a quick release.

heres mine

this one connects to the srs.

[IMG]
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...D.jpg[/IMG]

and gsp on s2ki w/ splash hub on his car
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...24242
Old 07-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

laterapex heres my hub

Old 07-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres the site i got it from, there really cool guys. i duno if they remember me, but its an rx7 place. http://www.rxecret7.com/spbokitstwhh.html

its priced at exactly 163.xx w/ tax. i know its alot, but hey where are u going to get this hub. ive called almost everywhere no one carries them.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:08 PM
shit post warrior

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eh2 to Ap1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i got the splash quick release from this rx7 place in city of industry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like Rotary Xecret 7 owned by Tony Yeh.

http://www.rxecret7.com
Old 07-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Eh2 to Ap1

Wow! Thanks for all of the information. Your efforts on my behalf are really appreciated.

I'll follow up on this as soon as my wheel arrives so that I can estimate positioning before purchasing the hup.

Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:41 PM
shit post warrior

Do you guys know the part no.s of the S2K compatible hubs from HKB or Splash?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LaterApex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eh2 to Ap1

Wow! Thanks for all of the information. Your efforts on my behalf are really appreciated.

I'll follow up on this as soon as my wheel arrives so that I can estimate positioning before purchasing the hup.

Thanks again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya no problem. it actually took me a month of research and calling to learn about the hub and quick release. what they are? and actually to find them. i just bought a quick release. i cant wait to post pics once i get them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITRbroham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you guys know the part no.s of the S2K compatible hubs from HKB or Splash? </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is the only partnumber i could find for the splash.

itrbroham, if u want the hkb my cousin works at revhard and can maybe get it for you.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres a picture of the other short style hub i found

Old 07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
shit post warrior

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eh2 to Ap1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is the only partnumber i could find for the splash.

itrbroham, if u want the hkb my cousin works at revhard and can maybe get it for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S2K Steering Wheel Diameter?