Notices

my wastegate stays open at idle :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (Dr Pooface)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Pooface &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tial "style"? Maybe that's your problem. My genuine tial stays closed at idle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree...the wategate make a difference between a safe and healthy engine and a dangerous and unstable setup...

don't skimp here!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (MiraiZ)

http://www.atpturbo.com has the valve seat for 38mm Tial wastegates. They are $40. Get one. I was running without one for a couple of months and once I got it, spool up was crazy. I had gotten used to the lag. Spool was so incredible at part throttle, I had to adjust my BOV cuz it was hella leaking at part throttle.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (pngfolife)

^^ do u know what to type down for search i can't find it. and damn $40 is alot
Old 07-15-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (egturbo)

ok i've tried opening it. dunno what im lookin at lol. but it does go all the way down. but when i start the car it opens back up. i tried put the tube to vacuum instead of the turbo and still opens. i can't stand the smell of exhaust anymore makin me tired.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:34 PM

ok went to super autobacs they dont have that part went to inlinefour they dont have it. where can i get one? went on that site u guyz gave me dont know what im looking for. sorry im newb.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:00 PM

wait where does that o ring go to? between the piston and the wastegate? or between the wastegate and the flange?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> wastegate and the flange</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-15-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (hookonboost)

k opened up the wastegate update on page one.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">k opened up the wastegate update on page one.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-16-2004, 12:24 AM

If your exhaust gas is stinking you up so bad you can feel yourself getting tired thats really bad, your getting carbon monoxide poisoning, and theres a very thin line between being tired and and passing the **** out. Take your car to someone that can help you sort out any exhaust leaks or what your stink is from wether it be oil, fuel coolant etc...Getting tired from exhaust is nothing to take lightly. Is your wastegate just venting to atmosphere under your hood? Put a dump tube on it so it leaves the gas under your car. My car stinks really bad too, and gets small white puffs of smoke every now and then but my coolant level stays constant, so its gotta be fuel. Im working on why it smells so bad at idle and cruising, I'll get back to you if I find out. Running 450's on a vafc set @ -40% before 3,500 rpm.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (Just Checking In)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Just Checking In &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your exhaust gas is stinking you up so bad you can feel yourself getting tired thats really bad, your getting carbon monoxide poisoning, and theres a very thin line between being tired and and passing the **** out. Take your car to someone that can help you sort out any exhaust leaks or what your stink is from wether it be oil, fuel coolant etc...Getting tired from exhaust is nothing to take lightly. Is your wastegate just venting to atmosphere under your hood? Put a dump tube on it so it leaves the gas under your car. My car stinks really bad too, and gets small white puffs of smoke every now and then but my coolant level stays constant, so its gotta be fuel. Im working on why it smells so bad at idle and cruising, I'll get back to you if I find out. Running 450's on a vafc set @ -40% before 3,500 rpm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly. thanks for the reply im gettin it just like u. white smoke at idle every now and then. it doesnt have a dump tube my stupid mani makes it hard to put on an elbow. im running 450's with uberdata with basemap. i think imma just sell this wastegate and get a real tial. this one just stays open. weird. yeah if u find out anything let me know. but for now im not gonna drive my car. to scared. i feel like passing out alot of times. not worth it driving. till i get this fixed.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:38 PM

Np, and you do know without that valve seat you made pointy arrows to in the picture and called an O ring, your wg will remain open right? I highly suggest getting a dump tube made no matter how funky it is, so that the gas can leave under the car, and also make sure your interior air vents are set on recirculation. This helped me quite a bit. I still get the stink out of my tailpipe though, tell me....when you look at your tailpipe, do you see a buildup of wet darkness that when you wipe with a towel makes black smears with neon yellowish wetness around it? Also do you have a cat?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummmm... ...it looks like you have the valve seat in upsidedown. The bottom of the seat should be flush with the flange. The missing allen should not affect sealing. Those small allens simply hold the valve to the diaphram. You should be fine with three screws.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: my wastegate stays open at idle :( (pngfolife)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pngfolife &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ummmm... ...it looks like you have the valve seat in upsidedown. The bottom of the seat should be flush with the flange. The missing allen should not affect sealing. Those small allens simply hold the valve to the diaphram. You should be fine with three screws.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but ur wrong. i just put an allen screw in that missing slot and it doesnt leak anymore. when it was missing u would feel air come out of that missing hole when u pump the piston up and down. its fixxed guyz thanks for all ur guyz support and help. but now its leaking at another place the stupid turbo flange and turbo i need to put a gasket in between

thats gonna be so much work. anyone know the easiest way to install a gasket? imma have to just take off the whole kit and replace that gasket huh?