Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Experience with RSR ExMag GTII catback?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (EKology)

Listen guys..

my cousin has an apex'i n1. It's not loud and not quiet..Normal! the RSR,is almost double..(without filter). With the filter on,the RSR sounds nice..
But, what's the use to have a straight exaust and ruin it with a filter???

So why don't you go for a normal exhaust and use it without a filter after all..no hassles!! like T1R or Apex'i..

Rgrds
Old 06-23-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (Jdm 98spec R)

I never said I was going to get this one or any one, I was just asking about it cause It caught my interest.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (NiceDc2r)

anymore pics of this car? its very nice
Old 06-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes D was running this exhaust on his GS-R. I also had one on my old EK4 hatchy. The exhaust is loud, to me it sounded like *** with the silencer in place. The exhaust was not heavy at all, like someone said it was.

At my old work, I passed by some lady one day and when I went by she said she spilled her coffee on herself because it scared her. It is loud without the silencer, the tone is a little on the high end without enough depth to it. It is a fairly cheap exhaust as well, if I remember correctly I bought mine for like 58000yen or something like that. It was years ago.

Another friend of mine hated to ride in the car because he said afterwards he would have ringing in his ears. I never experienced this, I also was running catless so the LOUDNESS was increased considerably.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks......LOUD.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (Jdm 98spec R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jdm 98spec R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Listen guys..

my cousin has an apex'i n1. It's not loud and not quiet..Normal! the RSR,is almost double..(without filter). With the filter on,the RSR sounds nice..
But, what's the use to have a straight exaust and ruin it with a filter???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im the cousin And yes the RSR is much louder than my N1. Both exhausts without filters.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (DC5RK20A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiceDc2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like i said before are you looking for power or sound...you have to sacrifice one to get the other</TD></TR></TABLE>

Incorrect.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5RK20A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes D was running this exhaust on his GS-R. I also had one on my old EK4 hatchy. The exhaust is loud,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you sir, because I remember D mentioning this awhile back, as well as the noise when someone else asked about it.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (1GreyTeg)

i have it in my r with full interior and I DON'T CONSIDER IT LOUD...I have had to freinds with es ovals with custom pipeing which were just as loud...

What exhaust makes power that is quiet

I will get sound clips tonight...any requests ie: cruising, WOT, reving???
Old 06-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NiceDc2r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiceDc2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What exhaust makes power that is quiet

</TD></TR></TABLE>

H'mm,,, SMSP, Hytech, Kakimoto-R, and even Mugen to a certain extent.

Don't tell me you equate power gains with noise made.

Lemme ask you this, does your exhaust produce any gains? If so how much (and of course your other motor mods) and do you have any graphs you can link instead of sound files.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:22 PM

how do you get power from an exhaust..
from what i understand bends, resonators and chambers usually rob power correct??? it is really hard to make an exhaust quiet without any of the listed
Old 06-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiceDc2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exhaust makes power that is quiet</TD></TR></TABLE>
Fujitsubo RM01A?

BTW, your car is SICK!!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:51 PM

Default Re: (EJ1)

Thanks....I cant remember which magizine it was but they did an exhaust shootout on a 2000 si w/ Greddy evo 2 fujitsubo rma01, apex n1, magnaflow, and kakimoto and a couple others that werent worth mentioning.....and the fujitsubo and kakimoto werent very impressive...i also have a dvd that came with my Tatsumi Mook Tuning maag...they also did a shoot out between the fujitsubo, ex mag gt2,hks hi power,mugen twin loop, and the t1r..

stock 98 spec ITR
ex mag gt2 +10.2 hp
t1r + 7.7
hks + 6.8 hp
fujitsubo + 6hp
mugen +5.8hp

This is exactly why i baught it for power...sound came second to power for me

Modified by NiceDc2r at 8:55 AM 6/24/2004
Old 06-23-2004, 10:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiceDc2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will get sound clips tonight...any requests ie: cruising, WOT, reving???</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you don't mind post up one of each ?

thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bbasso)

take sounds clip inside the garage josh
Old 07-09-2004, 10:41 AM

i'm waiting for my GTII to come in... personally i want the power gains and i dont feel like shelling out the extra 400 bucks for "quietness"...... just my opinion
Old 07-09-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: (NCcwITR)

Someone ran in to me so my car is in the shop...I cant take sound clips now sorry
Old 07-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Rocks

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (NiceDc2r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NiceDc2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohhhhhh my god. That looks beautiful. Your car is great one of the best i have seen ever.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (Rocks)

thanks there are more pics of it in the nicest dc2 thread on pg 29
Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Very Emergency!!

Default Re: Has anyone tried this or use this? ExMag GTII series (Bbasso)

that is one straight exhaust. i have personally never dealt with the rsr, but from your pic, it looks to be good.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks as though hangs a bit low on that R...
Old 07-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1Quikgsr)

i want it! So does this exhaust go over the rear axle? or does it avoid it completely?
Old 07-10-2004, 08:51 AM

Default Re: (Vtecfool)

its under the axle......there is a small guard that hangs from the bend..so when you go over bumps it scrapes th gaurd and not the piping
Old 07-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NiceDc2r

how do you get power from an exhaust..
You use the correct piping diameter for your motors output to maintain the proper resonance wave and exhaust flow velocity.

Originally Posted by Micheal Delaney from TI
1. Diameter is King:

The most important factor about an exhaust is the B pipe and inlet muffler tube diameters needed for your flywheel hp goal. These outer diameter sizes are suggested by SMSP. The suggested diameters assumes that the thickness of the exhaust tube is 16 gauge steel:

Most Integra owners have 1.8L engines with "bolt-ons only". You may want to look for a 2 1/4 in. diameter exhaust to start off with. If you begin to think about big lift-long duration cams, bigger 2.5 in. collector headers, headwork, or boring out to get 2 L displacement, then go up to the next levels in diameter as determined by your power goal.

2-1/4" up to 210HP @ the flywheel (about 180-185 whp)

2-3/8" (60mm) up to 235HP @ the flywheel (about 200-207 whp)

2-1/2" up to 265HP @ the flywheel (about 225-235 whp)

2-3/4" up to 325HP @ the flywheel (about 275-285 whp)

3" big for big HP (Forced Induction: &gt; 275 whp)

The general rule here for sizing an exhaust is: for every 60 flywheel hp, you need 1 square inch of exhaust cross-sectional area (i.e. 60hp/square in.), in order to achieve the exhaust flow speed required for adequate exhaust gas scavenging out of the cylinder.

All aftermarket exhausts are mandrel bent these days and so this isn't as important an issue when you compare exhausts. However, many of you prefer to have custom exhausts made for yourselves. To show you how important diameter is, a 2.8 in. crush bent exhaust will outperform a 2.25 in. mandrel bent exhaust, if the header collector and cat are 2.5 in. diameter as well and you are aiming for power above 210 whp. Don't get me wrong, if you can get a 2.5 in. mandrel bent system, it's the way to go. This is just to show the importance of diameter and sizing for the entire exhaust system together.

I'm not an expert at all. I'd suggest joining Team Integra and reading up on the exhaust articles in the performance section written by SurferX and Micheal Delaney or speaking to Dave Stadilus SMSP.

from what i understand bends, resonators and chambers usually rob power correct???
Not always correct, but can be true on a poorly designed exhaust system. If the system is created of the proper diameter and for the smoothest flow, a well designed resonator or muffler can even assist in maintaining proper flow velocity. There are differences between types of mufflers and resonators and how they cancel or effect sound through restriction, absorbtion or reflection. With restriction being the more obvious thief of power but not meaning that all exhaust systems utilize this type of baffle or muffler, or that all systems are good or bad or will provide gains or losses.

But for certain the general assumption that louder = power gained is just false. There are several VG exhaust systems available that provide nice gains and maintain a lower level of noise. The most famous of which around here is the SMSP, but the others that I mentioned earlier aren't loss leaders either.

And mentioning a magazine test (which btw if you didn't already know are totally biased from the onset) that compares these setups on an Si is a moot point. Oranges and Tangarines in comparison. Magazine tests and numbers are frequently false or trumped up and the old top 3 rags were never anything impressive imo.

it is really hard to make an exhaust quiet without any of the listed
I disagree and strongly suggest you join TI and read up on some of the helpful and educational articles available there:

http://www.team-integra.net/

When you join, make sure to say hi to my old buddy Micheal Delaney (Tuan). He will be more than helpful with your inquiries.

Best of luck.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:11 AM