Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch?

What is the average total cost to swap a h22a in, including complete motor, ecu linkages, harness, trans into a 92-95 civic hatchback?

hasport mounts or hcp mounts?

when you have done the swap, have you come up with some tiny problems, like ground need to be relocated, stock frame mounts need to be cut or crossmember needs modfication or something like that?

i have seen some people's write up and some show its just a simple plain drop in with hcp mounts, but some with hasport requires the stock frame mount to be cut off or something like that.. im getting kinda confusing about these issues. also some say that the shock tower needs to be banged in to get the motor in or something liek that. and also people say that the axles arent level. some say motor is not level in the car.

so many issues that i found, but cant figure out who is right or wrong..
Old 06-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch? (VTECR021)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is the average total cost to swap a h22a in, including complete motor, ecu linkages, harness, trans into a 92-95 civic hatchback?</TD></TR></TABLE>

3-6 thousand

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hasport mounts or hcp mounts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your choice, HASport mounts are very nice, but so are HCP.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when you have done the swap, have you come up with some tiny problems, like ground need to be relocated</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the trans ground need to be relocated.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock frame mounts need to be cut or crossmember needs modfication or something like that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to cut off or trim the top trans mount, depending on what mount kit you use.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have seen some people's write up and some show its just a simple plain drop in with hcp mounts, but some with hasport requires the stock frame mount to be cut off or something like that</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to cut the top trans mount off for HASport kit. HCP, you just trim it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also some say that the shock tower needs to be banged in to get the motor in or something liek that. and also people say that the axles arent level. some say motor is not level in the car</TD></TR></TABLE>

With either HASport or HCP, you do not have to do that. Shitty mounts have poor figment and you have to do ghetto stuff like that. Stick to HCP or HASport and you will be fine.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch? (turbogixxer)

wow.
thats the way turbogixxer!!!!!!!!!

maybe i should quit driking now....
Old 06-18-2004, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch? (hondaZvic)

Ok, so if I were to have 3 to 4,000 dollar budget, and I get a complete motor with lsd for 2200 from canada, its only 3-5 hrs drive for me, and hcp mounts, can it be done?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch? (VTECR021)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> can it be done?</TD></TR></TABLE>

anything can be done my friend.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the average cost of a complete h22 swap in eg hatch? (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow.
thats the way turbogixxer!!!!!!!!!

maybe i should quit driking now.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

BS, you only misspelled one word. Fake drunk!

Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BS, you only misspelled one word. Fake drunk!

Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

only 1 word? i gess i got lucky.. should've seen some of my other posts...
Old 06-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

only 1 word? i gess i got lucky.. should've seen some of my other posts...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Link?
Old 06-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MORE THAN IT'S WORTH.....

J/K