Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Can you program transponder keys yourself ???

Old 06-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you program transponder keys yourself ???

I lost one of my keys and want to get a replacement, im thinking of getting an aftermarket e bay one or ordering one through honda automotive parts online.

Is it possible to program these keys yourself like in fords ?

Modified by Kavehman at 1:22 AM 6/14/2004
Old 06-11-2004, 01:38 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (Kavehman)

Hmmm... sounds like you're asking for us to post a how-to guide for thieves, how to get around the immobilizer function with a key that is purchased elsewhere...

...and no, this is NOT the Accord forum, and the ITR forum is not a lifeline on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", where you can come to find out the answer to a question that has nothing to do with the ITR.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

why dont you just take your car to the dealer, have them verify the vin and have em order one for you. Thats what all the non-theives do...
Old 06-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i work at honda. no you can't program the key yourself the dealer has a machine to program the key and also we have a tester to program the key to the car.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (b17integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b17integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i work at honda. no you can't program the key yourself the dealer has a machine to program the key and also we have a tester to program the key to the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

K thankyou for the info, i was just trying to save some money, new key is 150 bucks, ebay key is 30.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

K thankyou for the info, i was just trying to save some money, new key is 150 bucks, ebay key is 30. </TD></TR></TABLE>
$150 for a new key? lol....
Old 06-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (Captain Commando)

can't u jstu take the ebay key and reprogram that?
Old 06-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (RiCE On IcE 2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiCE On IcE 2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can't u jstu take the ebay key and reprogram that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I am going to order one and see if that will work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Captain Commando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
$150 for a new key? lol....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only that but i need a new remote for my alarm which is another 300 bucks.
fund are all Canadian by the way. Most of us Canadians dont steal ****
Old 06-11-2004, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not only that but i need a new remote for my alarm which is another 300 bucks.
fund are all Canadian by the way. Most of us Canadians dont steal ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most of us American's dont steal **** either. Haven't seen too many HB's with manure running around.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's possible to reprogram ANYTHING, if you have the time and energy, and CS or EE degree
Old 06-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (jiahanhao)

[QUOTE=Kavehman]

OK THIS IS WHY YOU CANT DO IT !!!!!
FIRST TAKE YOUR TITLE AND REG TO HONDA WITH YOUR LICENSE... Ask THEM FOR A KEY FOR YOU VIN TO BE CUT ! Take that same Key now cut for you locks ask them for the Brake code to unlock the car for 10 starts so you can Drive that **** box that you lost your keys for Too the Dealer so they can Reprogame the the new key to your ecu and remove the old keys off the list so if someone finds your keys and happends to find your car all they can do is get into it and not drive off in it !!!

First off the Keys off ebay are nothing But Blanks that you have to take to the locksmith to have them cut and match coded to one of your keys for you car
did you read That MATCH CODED TO ONE OF YOUR WORKING KEYS !

Second off
IF UNLESS YOUR LIKE ME AND HAVE THE **** LIKE THIS....SEE PICS YOU CAN NOT RECODE YOU HONDA LIKE DUMB *** FORD DID THERE SET UP....

THIRD...
YEs YOU CAN BUY tHIS same VETRONIX UNIT FROM VEtronix.com or ebay But its called TEchmaster AND it will cost you from $3500-8000 and you still wont have access To recode your car ... unless you have a Honda motor program card like the one you will see below PIC 3 . HEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE
yes mines from honda... and NO ITS NOT FOR SALE ~! HA pic2 line 5 access to recode !

Old 06-12-2004, 08:03 AM

Be sure to post pics of the tools needed to do this also
Old 06-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (opie)

pics = mistake
Old 06-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swtxaznrac3r)

what about it unless you have the PRogram that i have Witch only honda dealers can Get.... you cant get it ~ sure you can buy the Pgm tester... But the program its self your not going to find .. and do you really think you can Go into honda and ask to Buy or Borrow the program ? also. it would Cost a Grip of money...4-5k
Besides theres outer ways of getting around this PRoblem that are way cheaper.
besides that Pro thiefs are not going to Be posting up how-to's or are going to even need to look on honda-tech for how to's to do it...
i will say this

YES there is a bunch of lil kids out there that have learned that hondas are ez to steal
most of them are stuiped and can only steal things that dont have alarms and are not immobilized ....

Then theres the Ballsy ones that will take there time to rip out your alarm in Broad daylight and steal your car or in your driveway and let the alarm go off.
most of them a lowlifes that dont care if they goto jail or are out to make Drug money or both

Then theres the Pros.

they are more picky on what they steal and are very smart when it comes down to it. most of them have hook ups in Verise places to eather get a key for your car or and or can get past every thing in under a min. yes there is thiefs out there that can steal cars and not leave any damage to the cars locks/window/ect.

it boils down to this

IF they want your car bad
they will find a way to take it.
dont matter if you have a alarm /club/ brake club/lojack/ect ... pros have ways around it all
unless you have your **** on lock down your car can get stolen

alarms and clubs do help with the average car thief. lojack can help for some of the dumb *** punks.

all in all if you own a nice car and think your factory alarm will keep your car from being stolen your STUPID.

YOU know if you own a nice car you need to buy thinks like clubs and alarms to keep the kids from taking your car.

MY $.02
Old 06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ITR97-143)

Old 06-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lets all just let this thread die to the bottom.

I got my answer.

I will probably wait till i lose mmy other keys before i get some new ones.

In my opinion the key imobilser is probably not the most effective theft prevention method, half the people out their dont think honda's have em.

The only reason i asked this question was because i read that with fords, if youhave an original key and you want to use a replacement key you can program it by inserting it into the car after using a master key, no need for a dealer.

And as for the theft factor, I dont think anyone will bother trying to open up a million honda car doors in search of one that may be worth stripping, and my alarm fob wont work for them, because by the time they go to use it, the code will have changed.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:16 PM
FastAllmotorLsVtec

thevie anyone?

Modified by CrxStreetRacer at 9:14 PM 6/23/2004
Old 06-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ??? (CrxStreetRacer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CrxStreetRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theive anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get an education dumb *** its spelt

thIEve

Old 06-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

since your from around where im from ill give you one of these , cause i know the theves are out around here
Old 06-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry but i just dont see someone getting ur vin number going and making a key, then break into ur car and sit their and try to program it to work........ doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think criminals would go to that much trouble.

wouldn't they just tow it ?????????

Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Can you program transponder keys yourself ???

well that was all retarted, but i only have one key to my car (with a chip) and if i put my good key in the ignition turn it on for five seconds then turn it off and put the newly cut transponder key (from amazon/ebay that say ace hardware cuts) in the ignition turn it on for five seconds. and **** its programmed. i can get the key for 7.34 have it cut for maybe 3 if i have walmart program a new key its about 60, i'd like to save 50 bucks its not thievery it cheapery when you dont make a million dollars a week. by the way i have a pontiac grand prix once again CHEAPERY.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Trial User

The wife lost our one and only key. (2002 Odessey) Dealer charged $50 for the key and $75 to program it, got only one key from them ( Its a key without the buttons it, but chip inside). Got two more keys at hardware store for $30 each. They started the car without any programming?
Old 02-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by SlapSmak
why dont you just take your car to the dealer, have them verify the vin and have em order one for you. Thats what all the non-theives do...
BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT TO PAY ANY M4ORW MONEY TO THE DAMN DEALER VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOT THAT!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Kavehman
sorry but i just dont see someone getting ur vin number going and making a key, then break into ur car and sit their and try to program it to work........ doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think criminals would go to that much trouble.

wouldn't they just tow it ?????????
Dealers want my $$$$$

Just stop the BS no thief is going to do it. Plus rreal car thieves will just get a,machine!!!! Steal that too!!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothing like your first post to be on a 4 year old thread...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you program transponder keys yourself ???