Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/spark-plug-recommandation-gap-high-compression-motors-587346/)

crxsirvtec 08-09-2003 07:15 AM

Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors..

Hey...

I would like to know the best plug with low resistance wires, and MSD Coil and Multi Spark Box, along with the proper Gap...

thanks

Mr Hammond 08-09-2003 05:45 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (crxsirvtec)

Well Rocket's plugs gapped to .035" seem to work out nicely. However something like NGK BKR6E-11 gapped to the standard 1.1mm or .043" will work as well.

98itR484 08-09-2003 06:13 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (Mr Milano)

i use BOSCH 4227 dyno tested at IB and makes power, also made more power on my motor compared to stock.

Gap is .035

change them ever oil change cuz they are cheap $1.99 each.

fox297 08-10-2003 05:37 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (PacMan ITR)

Would iridium plugs perform better in high compression engine?

JDMs1eeper 08-10-2003 10:11 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (fox297)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fox297 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would iridium plugs perform better in high compression engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

would they? I wanna know to

Rocket 08-11-2003 02:50 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (fox297)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fox297 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would iridium plugs perform better in high compression engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Way over-rated. Don't waste your money on exotic spark plug material.

Go NGK or Autolites in the proper heat range and you'll be cool.

Also don't gap more than 0.038 for NA and not more than 0.024 for FI.

ninja8oi 11-09-2003 07:43 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (Rocket)

Is it better to regap plugs to a smaller gap. I think OEM is .044" and i forgot what the NX tech guy told me but I think it was .030 " gap. I am tring to confirm this. I have nitrous in my integra LS. The plugs i'm going with are ZFR7F-11 which are two steps colder than stock. What does making the gap smaller do anyways

Rocket 11-10-2003 05:43 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (ninja8oi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninja8oi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it better to regap plugs to a smaller gap. I think OEM is .044" and i forgot what the NX tech guy told me but I think it was .030 " gap. I am tring to confirm this. I have nitrous in my integra LS. The plugs i'm going with are ZFR7F-11 which are two steps colder than stock. What does making the gap smaller do anyways</TD></TR></TABLE>

smaller is usually better especially for Nitrous or FI.

VtecDA9 11-10-2003 08:34 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (crxsirvtec)

NGK BKR7

-KangaRod- 11-10-2003 08:39 PM

copper is the best material for spark plugs usally. All those fancy ones are just designed to last longer, but since we are not ricers we don't care about length before replacement. I'll be running coppers untill they make artifical spark plugs from some sort of electrocharged plastic.

myhatchrips 01-27-2004 12:06 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (Rocket)

arent you supposed to run the highest gap possible unless your misfiring up top, then you go ahead and lower the gap setting. correct?

TodaSi 01-27-2004 12:43 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (myhatchrips)

I like to run NGK
BKR7EVX-11 smaller tip, better flame kernal

also like good old coppers BKR7E-11's

TodaSi 01-27-2004 12:46 PM

Re: Spark plug Recommandation and GAP for High Compression Motors.. (TodaSi)

Oh and if you want Iridium then go with NGK BKR7EIX-11 which are only around $6.50 each at http://www.clubplug.net/index.html