Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Integra vs. Accord? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/integra-vs-accord-343381/)

Dekka 11-25-2002 02:12 PM

Integra vs. Accord?

Right now i have a 2002 accor coupe. Its fairly fast, but its my moms so im not really supposed to mod it. I've been interested in an integra and i was wondering if a GSR is much faster than an accord if both are bone stock.

Ferrell 11-25-2002 02:33 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (Dekka)

is it the v6?

4doorRS5spd 11-25-2002 02:35 PM

Is your Accord a V6?? If it is, then it is OK fast, but it's still an auto. As someone who has owned both a 1996 Lx Accord and a 1996 RS Integra, I would definitely say go with the Integra. It's much much quicker than the Accord was, and it handles better as well. So to sum it all up, my vote says get a Teg. Also, as to your question, a GSR will beat the shit out of a V6 Accord stock vs. stock every time.

neo1z 11-25-2002 02:43 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (Ferrell)

gsr is much faster...its an incredibly different car...i would never go back to my old accord. not any day...oh man.

jonoknut 11-25-2002 03:13 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (neo1z)

gsr is a alot faster, i raced a 2001 accord 4 cyl w/ i/h/e/ and nitrous, and still won, with just an intake so gs-r. . . http://rely.net/~htimages/smile/emthup.gif

RedGSR 11-25-2002 04:46 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord?

It depends on what you want. Accord V6 has lots of torque which most people like. Accord also has the comfortable ride that Integra doesn't have. However, Integra is a lot more fun to drive. It turns a lot better. It is very stable and it accelerate faster than Accord when it is in the right gear.

SIK IN DA HED 11-26-2002 07:56 AM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (RedGSR)

accords are slow. the accord v6s pull... but the gsr will take it fosho.

integobsession 11-26-2002 11:48 AM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (dlplayboy)

I have a 2001 GSR and my wonderful girlfriend drives a 1998 Accord V6... I would personally never pick the accord over my integra... the accord has a really strong engine, but because the accord's so damn heavy it feels slow... while my integra has a much better throttle response. There is more luxury with the accord, too. It has much less noise and more comfort, while my integra (even though it has leather) seems more rough... and i like it that way...

tC_Dragon 11-26-2002 12:53 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (integobsession)

I have a 2001 GSR and my wonderful girlfriend drives a 1998 Accord V6... I would personally never pick the accord over my integra... the accord has a really strong engine, but because the accord's so damn heavy it feels slow... while my integra has a much better throttle response. There is more luxury with the accord, too. It has much less noise and more comfort, while my integra (even though it has leather) seems more rough... and i like it that way...
hey wow, wat a coincidence, my gf drives a white accord and i drive a teg! puhahahah... no really the two cars are in two totally different categories. If you want the luxury and comfort go with teh accord, but the integra is a great car for performance and just fun factor i think.

ITR#00-1077 11-26-2002 01:01 PM

Beavers and Ducks.... Integra and Accord... two different animals.... but to pick one... I think I'll get the Integra....

badnan 11-26-2002 09:19 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (ITR#00-1077)

my mom has a 97 accord lx, and i drove that around for about 6 months before i got my teg. i drive it every so often and let me say this:
it does have more torque, so getting from like 0-5, or 10mph feels faster in the accord, a more of a pull type of feeling. however the car is fairly sluggish from 15-50mph. throttle response is not all that good, its heavier and takes a good deal longer to accelerate. when you hit 60ish it gets decent.
handling wise its no where near my ls. much more body roll, and you can tell its got softer springs. its got a more boatish feeling. however the ride is very comfortable, the car is responsive and brakes really well.
the ls has a more go-kart feel, a more race car feel. much more fn to drive. you can feel the road, the turns, take turns faster, acceleration is peppy, throttle is niec and responsive. to me the accord is car for older people. a nice ride, but not the same "omph" as the teg
hope this helped.

aznmc16 11-26-2002 09:47 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (badnan)

v6 accords are pretty quick on the highway.. i raced my buddies 00' v6 all the time, and on the highway.. we stay pretty much dead even. i have a 94 GSR.

Pretzelmar 11-26-2002 09:47 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (badnan)

Is the accord the new 240Hp six speed accord cuz i think that will beat most of the tegs.

htdang00 11-26-2002 09:55 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (Pretzelmar)

I have no probs with the older V6 accord, but those new 6 speed ones will prob blow any stock GSR away

Regal 11-26-2002 09:56 PM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (Pretzelmar)

A GSR will put a full second on an '02 V6 Accord in the 1/4. They run a 16 flat. Not necessarily slow, but DEFINITELY not fast.

ajae622 11-27-2002 05:49 AM

in any case... its totally a diff concept. the teg and accord are in diff classes. consider what your looking for...hwy accel, handling, 1/4 times...gotta decide.. youd have more fun in the gsr for sure but like others said if its the new 6 spd accord...straight line the accord would pull away faster. if its an older accord, boring ride...auto tranny sucks...get the gsr http://rely.net/~htimages/smile/emthup.gif

maggsgsr 11-27-2002 06:11 AM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (ajae622)

I hate to say it but the V6 accord coupe will give our tegs a run.I would think a GSR would win until 100 MPH,then the tq of the V6 accord will take over.

ajae622 11-27-2002 07:21 AM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (maggsgsr)

yeah for sure the v-6 has more legs, but who cares, they're shitty! not fun and boring as hell. but then again as i said, its a totally diff concept.

SIK IN DA HED 11-27-2002 10:28 AM

Re: Integra vs. Accord? (ajae622)

instead of askin... why dont you find out what the accord does in 1/4 mile and find out from there.