Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   D2 coilovers ? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/d2-coilovers-3142214/)

pr0gre551ve 04-29-2013 05:45 AM

D2 coilovers ?

hi fellas, im looking for a proper coilovers for my EK. anyone have those, are "D2 coilovers" any good, quality, drop, any comment, what's your opinion? please post some, tnx..

grumblemarc 04-29-2013 05:45 AM

Re: D2 coilovers ?

Sure.

Kozy. 04-29-2013 06:15 AM

They look nice.

green ej8 04-29-2013 09:19 PM

ive had them for years and circuit race on them. there fine

grumblemarc 04-30-2013 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by green ej8 (Post 48732143)
there fine

I wonder what that means.

honda_12V 04-30-2013 03:32 AM

I have used them on 3 different cars.

EF - D2 street
EG - D2 Rally asphalt with circuit springs in the front
Accord - D2 rally asphalt.

IMO, they are a very good product, my set on the accord is over 1 year old now and zero issues. The "Street spec" is soft IMO, its good for a daily driver or show car, but if you really want some fun "rally asphalt is the way to go"

Regards

satal95 04-30-2013 09:22 AM

So how was the ride quality on the ef with the d2s. My suspension is blown so looking to upgrade

OGxruiner 04-30-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 48732419)

it means "their" fine. :thumbup: :lmao:

OGxruiner 04-30-2013 09:27 AM

or does it mean "they're" fine? :shock:

johnkilo3 04-30-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 48729128)
Sure.

Helpful as always. Gotta get that post count higher!

grumblemarc 04-30-2013 04:07 PM

Stalker much?

grandpa-vtec 04-30-2013 10:29 PM

what about AMR engineering shocks? those look good..

grumblemarc 05-01-2013 02:56 AM

Sure. If people are going to continue to ask vague questions I'll give vague answers.

johnkilo3 05-01-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 48734765)
Stalker much?

Not a stalker, you're in just about every thread in the suspension section being a dick to everyone, it's kind of hard to miss. Seriously, you do almost absolutely nothing to help people. Pretty clear you're someone that has to belittle others to make yourself feel bigger, and that you're nothing but a post whore. I don't know what you're thinking, but posting nothing but dick-ish replies is not going to make you a mod, if that's what you're aiming for.

"If people are going to continue to ask vague questions I'll give vague answers."

How about you just don't answer at all.

In response to the OP, D2's are a Taiwanese shock and are made in the same factory as K-Sports... which are the same exact thing except for color (Their RS line, anyways). I recommend you check out Libertariat's coilover guide. While it may just be his personal opinion with not too many facts to back it up, he is pretty on-point with which coilovers you should be looking into.

You may also want to check out this page which has a wealth of knowledge on suspension. While the author is biased towards certain shocks, there is a lot of hard data included. http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets.html

grumblemarc 05-01-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by johnkilo3 (Post 48738701)
Not a stalker, you're in just about every thread in the suspension section being a dick to everyone, it's kind of hard to miss. Seriously, you do almost absolutely nothing to help people. Pretty clear you're someone that has to belittle others to make yourself feel bigger, and that you're nothing but a post whore. I don't know what you're thinking, but posting nothing but dick-ish replies is not going to make you a mod, if that's what you're aiming for.

Pot calling kettle.
And I love how you go out of your way to make me aware of how you feel. What about the others that did the same as me? Nothing to say?
Not trying to be a mod. They offered though. Maybe when you grow up you can be just like me.

This thread is useless. This thread gets reproduced at least once a week. The people in them never list any specs or criteria that they need the suspension to fill. The people that start them NEVER bother to see if this question was ever asked before.

green ej8 05-02-2013 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 48732419)

lmao it means whatever you want it to mean

johnkilo3 05-02-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 48738866)
Pot calling kettle.
And I love how you go out of your way to make me aware of how you feel. What about the others that did the same as me? Nothing to say?
Not trying to be a mod. They offered though. Maybe when you grow up you can be just like me.

This thread is useless. This thread gets reproduced at least once a week. The people in them never list any specs or criteria that they need the suspension to fill. The people that start them NEVER bother to see if this question was ever asked before.

If you have a problem with a thread that gets "reproduced at least once a week," then ignore it. The fact that you're a post whore is the only reason why you comment on these things. If you have nothing helpful to say, then don't say anything at all. The few times I have seen you post somewhat helpful information, you always have to include some kind of rude comment. You're not a mod, so quit acting like you're one.

grumblemarc 05-02-2013 06:27 AM

Again. Pot calling kettle. Check your post history.
If you don't like what I say then report it. Simple.

pr0gre551ve 05-02-2013 12:35 PM

ok, maybe i will order a set of D2's "street" ones.
Some people hate them, some people are satisfied with them.who knows..

BLU CIVIC 05-03-2013 08:27 AM

I've had the same set of D2's since '08. No issues and no problems since first installed. Have auto-x'd and done track events with them and they performed great. Ride quality is great as I drive my Civic with them installed everyday. No problem hitting the random pot holes either, although i try my best to stay away from the teeth-jarring holes. My previous Civic was rear-ended and the strut was bent. Quick drive over to their warehouse and $100 later, good as new.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/2fa7c344.jpg

pr0gre551ve 08-01-2013 01:04 PM

OK, here's the final result. Civic is now slammed with new version" of D2's.
stay lowlife!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/9...3f8c6c9f_h.jpg