Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   H22 swap wiring harness (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/h22-swap-wiring-harness-3092997/)

CtotheODY 10-02-2012 11:51 AM

H22 swap wiring harness

Ok so i have a pretty simple question, since im doing an h22 swap into an ek civic, if i buy the prelude engine harness, would that eliminate the need for any cutting, splicing etc? It should just be hook up and go right? Also would this bypass some of the electrical issues like bogging under acceleration, rough idling and cel's?

Thank you
Cody

boostedb18ls 10-02-2012 12:12 PM

Re: H22 swap wiring harness

The Prelude wiring harness will not plug into your Civic chassis, as they have different style plugs that connect where the factory shock tower plugs meet up. If you're using stock harnesses you will need to do a bit of splicing and wiring yourself, or if you aren't comfortable with wiring there are always options like Chase Bays. I had one of their harnesses on my H22 DC2 and I didn't have any issues.

h22crxpwr 10-02-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by CtotheODY (Post 47935701)
Ok so i have a pretty simple question, since im doing an h22 swap into an ek civic, if i buy the prelude engine harness, would that eliminate the need for any cutting, splicing etc? It should just be hook up and go right? Also would this bypass some of the electrical issues like bogging under acceleration, rough idling and cel's?

Thank you
Cody

no you can't use it. you will use your existing harness and just add and extend wires. Or you can buy one already made. I make my own harnesses for these swaps.

Good luck,

CtotheODY 10-02-2012 01:06 PM

Damn so even if i use the prelude ecu i have to splice still?

h22 civic 10-02-2012 01:08 PM

yup i have both harnesses un cut if interested

CtotheODY 10-02-2012 03:54 PM

I checked out that chase bay and i would love to get that if it wasnt $550... Are there any other harnesses that dont cost nearly that much?

And i may be interested depending on the price

h22crxpwr 10-02-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by CtotheODY (Post 47936114)
Damn so even if i use the prelude ecu i have to splice still?

Dont use the prelude ecu. its garbage. use a p28. easier, less sensors to wire.

I make harnesses if you are interested PM me. for a lot less than $550!! especially if you send me your harness first that will save you a LOT of money. Pm me if you are interested.

CtotheODY 10-02-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by h22crxpwr (Post 47936880)
Dont use the prelude ecu. its garbage. use a p28. easier, less sensors to wire.

I make harnesses if you are interested PM me. for a lot less than $550!! especially if you send me your harness first that will save you a LOT of money. Pm me if you are interested.

I sent you a PM

the171 10-03-2012 10:31 PM

As stated, you already have the harness if you have the one that came with the car. The idea is to plug it in where possible, extending wires and whatnot, and then plugging it in to your chassis. Some plugs get removed, and some need to be added depending on what accessories you choose to run, and what ecu you're using. Using Hondata or whatever lets you customize things.

It sounds real complicated, but it isnt. Take your harness, and lay it over the engine. Go from there.

CtotheODY 10-04-2012 11:56 AM

Well i think i have decided to use the stock harness but now im wanting to find someone to either make a connecting harness or do the wiring for me

HighHPHatch 01-16-2013 08:13 PM

I just bought the cm1 harness from Chase bays for a H22 euro r in to a 00 Civic hatch, they left me with 3 wires I had to splice in to the factory ecu plugs? Which makes no sence to me... Can anyone help?

turboHondaWesJ 01-17-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by HighHPHatch (Post 48345034)
I just bought the cm1 harness from Chase bays for a H22 euro r in to a 00 Civic hatch, they left me with 3 wires I had to splice in to the factory ecu plugs? Which makes no sence to me... Can anyone help?

Likely wires for the knock sensor, vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure switch. What color are the wires? Trace them back to their respective plugs/post a pic.

HighHPHatch 01-21-2013 09:52 PM

The two wires are for my fuel pump and CEL Green/red is fuel pump splice into your factory fuel pump wire on your A plug, Orange/Blue is your check engine light do the same thing with it, + a brown wire to ground and check the cel codes. The problem is I can't find the "A" plug on the harness.. chassis or engine! It's just not there! I wish I had pics to show..

HighHPHatch 01-22-2013 09:58 PM

Bump for any input