Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   best coilover for tokico blues? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/best-coilover-tokico-blues-3070332/)

stormdrop 07-07-2012 05:22 AM

best coilover for tokico blues?

I have recently picked up my first honda project. I now have a 1989 ef sedan with a b16 and it needs some attention to the suspension, it currently has blown shocks with ebay special coilover sleeves. My roomate is parting out his crx project and it has a set of new never driven on tokico blue shocks. (for free) My plans for this car is to be everyday driver. Absolute low-ness is not what im going for. I have looked at different ones and cant determine what is best till its everday driver duties is over. I would like to not spend more than 400 dollars. Any input is appricated, thanks guys.

bnetkillzone 07-07-2012 09:48 AM

Re: best coilover for tokico blues?

Originally Posted by stormdrop (Post 47580113)
I have recently picked up my first honda project. I now have a 1989 ef sedan with a b16 and it needs some attention to the suspension, it currently has blown shocks with ebay special coilover sleeves. My roomate is parting out his crx project and it has a set of new never driven on tokico blue shocks. (for free) My plans for this car is to be everyday driver. Absolute low-ness is not what im going for. I have looked at different ones and cant determine what is best till its everday driver duties is over. I would like to not spend more than 400 dollars. Any input is appricated, thanks guys.

A custom spring rated GC coilover. $330.

stormdrop 07-09-2012 04:55 AM

thanks man.

type_r_ek 07-09-2012 08:17 AM

gc coils for the win! just put mine on!! best suspension ive ever ridden on

stormdrop 07-10-2012 09:37 AM

my roomate had a eg with koni yellows and gc's, it wasnt bad.

azzazel_9 07-10-2012 10:06 AM

Ground-Control does make an amazing suspension match them with koni yellows and you got one smooth riding car with lifetime warranty on the coilovers and the shocks

civexspeedy 07-15-2012 05:27 PM

Best coilover for Tokico Blues? None...

The Tokico blues are OE replacements. Unless you get super soft springs from GC, they are not adequet for coilovers. Which even then, you'll need to get very tall springs and you won't be able to lower your car very much. So at that point, might as well just buy some moderate lowering springs like the Tokico springs, Progress Sports, Eibach Sports, or Tien S.Techs esp since they are half the cost of a coilover setup that won't be very usefull.

type_r_ek 07-15-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by civexspeedy (Post 47614091)

The Tokico blues are OE replacements. Unless you get super soft springs from GC, they are not adequet for coilovers. Which even then, you'll need to get very tall springs and you won't be able to lower your car very much. So at that point, might as well just buy some moderate lowering springs like the Tokico springs, Progress Sports, Eibach Sports, or Tien S.Techs esp since they are half the cost of a coilover setup that won't be very usefull.

preach it

Tyson 07-15-2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by civexspeedy (Post 47614091)

:truth:

you made a bad choice with blues.

spAdam 07-15-2012 07:24 PM

If they're really brand new, Craigslist that ish and use the money toward something more appropriate.

STOCK_SOHC_DX 07-15-2012 10:37 PM

Sell them and pick up progress cs2.

spAdam 07-16-2012 06:28 AM

x2

stormdrop 07-19-2012 10:14 AM

well i took the advice, sold them for 50 bucks to a guy i know with a crx. So i just said f' it, and ordered form and funtion type 1's.

STOCK_SOHC_DX 07-19-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by stormdrop (Post 47631123)
well i took the advice, sold them for 50 bucks to a guy i know with a crx. So i just said f' it, and ordered form and funtion type 1's.

function fail

spAdam 07-19-2012 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by STOCK_SOHC_DX (Post 47631832)
function fail

Saw that comment coming.

What made you decide on the Function and Form?

bnetkillzone 07-20-2012 08:48 PM

Really? Hopefully it lasts a while for ya.

type_r_ek 07-21-2012 07:24 AM

function and form is fricken and ****ed

stormdrop 07-26-2012 11:21 AM

my friend brad, has a crx and he ran them for a while now. His car rides nice to my standards and they where fairly cheap.

meric0207 07-27-2012 05:08 PM

Ground controls are good

progekSiR 07-27-2012 05:38 PM

i think bilsteins along with ground control coilovers is one of the nicest rides

progekSiR 07-27-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by stormdrop (Post 47659565)
my friend brad, has a crx and he ran them for a while now. His car rides nice to my standards and they where fairly cheap.

shoulda went with ksport Kontrol Pros, only $750. loved mine