Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CR-V & Element (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-cr-v-element-156/)
-   -   2007 CRV Instrument Panel Fail, HELP! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-cr-v-element-156/2007-crv-instrument-panel-fail-help-3036481/)

Palmer Hiltom 03-12-2012 05:50 PM

2007 CRV Instrument Panel Fail, HELP!

Hello all,
new to this site.
My 2007 CRV (under 30K miles) 's instrument panel started to blink couple of months ago. and now it is almost black out.
I brought it new from dealer less than 5 years ago.
Now I was told to pay $$$ for the repair.
Any ideas or suggestions, please!

I could not attached the picture to this post.
So this is the link for the picture of the instrument panel.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...GzfCqoNLpknfYs
Hope this will help. Thanks for all the information you can provide.

c0alition 03-13-2012 04:40 AM

Re: 2007 CRV Instrument Panel Fail, HELP!

I'm not sure how those look on the backside, but I'm thinking unless you've got a bit of electronics repair, the dealer is probably going to be the best bet - loads of money or not.

Is the screen blacking out all of the text or just half of certain characters and certain areas of the screen?

Palmer Hiltom 03-13-2012 05:26 AM

When it's blinking, part of the screen is blinking.
But sometimes this gets worse, and the whole screen will fail.
If you could please check the picture link, you may have a better idea.
Thanks for your response.

c0alition 03-13-2012 06:42 AM

I wonder if you have a loose connection in the back? I looked at the picture earlier, and just now. It seems some of the characters are missing segments? I think that if the panel was going to fail it would be a bit more inclusive.

I've run a quick Google search and haven't seen many cars with this problem. I saw one post elsewhere that was showing your symptoms after a seat re upholstery job. Seems coincidental, but maybe there is a plug somewhere that was removed, pulled, or otherwise tampered with.

I'd check connections on the back if you're confident enough to pull the gauge cluster out. Could be as simple as unplugging the display and plugging it back in. Also maybe try an electrical reset. Pull your ground from the battery let it sit a bit and then hook it back up.

Palmer Hiltom 03-15-2012 05:22 AM

Thank you, c0alition.
I will try that. Thanks for this helpful information.

2000crv sport 04-13-2012 07:23 PM

i have a question. have looked couldnt find an answer . i have a 2000 crv and just the odomiter doesnt work i just bought it and has 80,000 ish km's on it but hasnt moved since i bought it. im a bit worried but really just want too get it fixed. can anyone help ?

2000crv sport 08-03-2012 01:36 PM

bump

jumpStartMe 02-22-2017 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Palmer Hiltom (Post 47030579)
Thank you, c0alition.
I will try that. Thanks for this helpful information.

Sorry to dig up this dinosaur from the past, but my 2007 CR-V just had this happen, for the first time, today. I took pictures of the issue and - well - when I found this thread and looked at the picture posted by Palmer Hiltom (skydrive) ... mine looks EXACTLY like that! Like two left side doors open, "No Key" and "Batt" showing. Avg MPG and odometer is jumbled. Temp gauge is displaying it's "bar" but gas is not showing any bar. The last message posted was - you'd try checking the wires behind the cluster. I'm wondering if this worked - or - what DID eventually work? Rather than re-invent the wheel or pay for an expensive repair on such an old vehicle, I'd love to know if this was a quick/easy DIY fix? Thanks.

tech8 02-22-2017 01:39 PM

The 2007 CR-V Information Display has a pixelation fault, it is generally not due to the wiring.

There is someone on ebay that can repair it, if you remove the entire cluster and send the unit. You can also search for other places that have experience repairing it.

areben 05-16-2017 07:35 AM

Hi!

I have the same problem with my 2007 Honda CR-V. Did you found out what was the problem and how much did it cost?