Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   battery keeps dying (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/battery-keeps-dying-2993019/)

beaterman 10-26-2011 02:42 PM

battery keeps dying

Well I just bought this car 2 weeks ago and the battery keeps dying. I took that battery to autozone and they said it had a bad cell. Now I put my battery that was in my old civic into my car and charged it up last night. Car started fine this morning. After work today the battery would turn my dash lights on but no luck on cracking the car. I'm wondering if im drawing some power out of the battery while the car is off. The only thing that is straight wired to the battery is the abs box. My abs light has been on since I bought the car and the car has always been hard to start. Any ideas?

fcm 10-26-2011 05:48 PM

Re: battery keeps dying

Originally Posted by civicguru69 (Post 46248075)
hey beaterman,

i can assist you in your car problem. the abs light should go off if u unplug the fuse from the proper location.. theirs 3 solenoids under the dash, just rip those out... u dont need them... they're just weighing down ur car. About the battery, its likely the battery terminals... just cut them off and solder the wires directly too the battery for a 100% connection... shouldnt be a problem then.

-civicguru69

Say what??
That has got to be the stupidest advice I have ever seen here, or your just being a dumb-ass and need to STFU.

OP, sounds like you have among other problems a "parasitic draw" on the batt, [something is staying on after you turn off the ign.] you can do a basic parasitic drain test with a 12V test light...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...&highlight=fcm 94

hheriberto 10-26-2011 06:02 PM

Check if ur alternator is recharging your battery, and if your terminal connections are loose they WILL drain your battery!!!! The ABS light has nothing to do with your battery drain.

DirtyDA9 10-26-2011 06:03 PM

You have a parasitic draw somewhere... Edit, Fcm beat me to it!

Hidenplanvew 10-26-2011 06:16 PM

hey beaterman,

i can assist you in your car problem. the abs light should go off if u unplug the fuse from the proper location.. theirs 3 solenoids under the dash, just rip those out... u dont need them... they're just weighing down ur car. About the battery, its likely the battery terminals... just cut them off and solder the wires directly too the battery for a 100% connection... shouldnt be a problem then.

-civicguru69

Ummmmm... How do I go about flaiming this guy.... First... You should never touch a car again... 2nd... Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard on any forum... 3rd.. Those solenoids only way maybe what 1/2 a pound if lucky ummm wow

Dannyx321 10-26-2011 06:50 PM

hey beaterman,

-civicguru69

Wow solder the wiring for the battery, directly onto the battery.

smh im about to go slap my brother for this

DirtyDA9 10-26-2011 07:58 PM

hey beaterman,

-civicguru69

You call yourself a guru? Really? I am REALLY REALLY hoping you were kidding...

beaterman 10-27-2011 01:25 AM

thanks for the real advise guys. I had the alternator checked at the auto parts store and they said it checked out fine, plus after driving the car for about 30 minutes the car starts right up. the only reason I said anything about the abs light is because the abs module is the only thing direct wired to the battery besides the normal battery wire and I thought since the light was on that maybe it was what was draining the battery. The guy at the auto parts store said the battery kept coming up with a need to charge read after I have driven the car for 30 minutes home, and it was only getting up to 223 cold cranking amps. I'm thinking that this barttery I put in is bad as well as the one that I had in before. Well I'm off work tomorrow so I'm gonna take it out and let the auto parts store charge it to see what happens then I will do a parasitic draw test to see what is killing my battery if it continues.

pappasmerf18 10-27-2011 05:41 AM

check all your grounds

D.A9 GUY 10-27-2011 06:08 AM

maybe just a bad battery? :thumbup:

beaterman 10-28-2011 10:57 AM

Ended up both my batteries had bad cells and both were trashed. I bought a new battery and it started like a champ. Hopefully it will stay like that.