Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   H22A in EK..WHAT AXLES??? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/h22a-ek-what-axles-2981488/)

spraymaster 09-20-2011 06:05 PM

H22A in EK..WHAT AXLES???

WHAT AXLES DO I PUT FOR DRIVER SIDE? PRELUDE OR EK DON'T WORK, HOW DO I LOOK THEM UP??? PLZZZZ HELPPPP

apexi_rsx 09-20-2011 06:24 PM

Re: H22A in EK..WHAT AXLES???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ek-h2...item3cbc29744a your using integra front spindles im assuming as he said integra drive side with 90-93 Honda Accord Ex or Lx model midshaft. Acura Integra passenger side axle that has been cut down 1/2" on the shaft and has an Accord 90+ Inner joint put on it. Raxles.com sells this 1 custom axle. its a hybrid kind of axle with the f22 inner and a integra outter.

DELshaneSOL 09-20-2011 06:24 PM

94 integra on the driver side.
or custom axles from hasport or raxles.

spraymaster 09-20-2011 07:18 PM

thanks fellas, i gatta try that... so if i get a axle for a 94 integra driver side, it will fit perfect??

Mfoehrkolb 09-20-2011 08:40 PM

I am using AVID mounts, and just normal 32mm spindles... I use DA axles (not gen3)... DA specific axles are about half inch or more longer than the gen 3 and it clears up a lot of axle problems.

I have got reman ones with lifetime warranty... so next time i break or next time they start clicking... just free replacment... eff it..

but yeah... avid mounts and DA axles with the C clip widened a bit into the trans... no problems what so ever... and cheap.

kozanatos 09-20-2011 08:45 PM

I thought you use driveshafts?

Mfoehrkolb 09-20-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by kozanatos (Post 46051544)
I thought you use driveshafts?

--- http://www.traxxas.ru/products/nitro...veshaft_02.jpg

you mean that? lol... i think your right! 8x

kozanatos 09-20-2011 08:56 PM

Yeah that ! I take up two lanes and I had to build my frame out and use lambo doors, kind of a difficult swap for an ek.

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx (Post 46050609)
Raxles.com sells this 1 custom axle. its a hybrid kind of axle with the f22 inner and a integra outter.

Originally Posted by spraymaster (Post 46051026)
thanks fellas, i gatta try that... so if i get a axle for a 94 integra driver side, it will fit perfect??

Huh? "I like carrots, but carrots can kill me. Im going to go eat some carrots" type of logic here

Mfoehrkolb 09-20-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by spraymaster (Post 46051026)

--- DO NOT use gen 3 axles. They are shorter than the DA axles. You want the extra length to prevent any of the binding issues and pop outs.

spraymaster 09-21-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb (Post 46051700)
--- DO NOT use gen 3 axles. They are shorter than the DA axles. You want the extra length to prevent any of the binding issues and pop outs.

So 90 integra axles???

fallrivercolin 09-21-2011 05:25 AM

yes. 90-93 Integra axles with accord inners

Mfoehrkolb 09-21-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by spraymaster (Post 46052639)
So 90 integra axles???

--- 90-93 is DA... so yeah. Just use those, and for the transmission side, you want to widen the C clip some so it's a lot more secured inside the trans. People have problems with popping out (i never did)... The combination of longer axles and widen the C clip never gave me an issue.

You do not need to use the accord, or prelude inners. Once you get into that, it becomes a bit more of a task to swap axles etc. Which going by this thread, you are kinda lost as it is with this h swap process. Simplicity is where its at when it comes to mechanical parts... straight up DA axle, widened C clip. Done.

spraymaster 09-21-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb (Post 46053851)
--- 90-93 is DA... so yeah. Just use those, and for the transmission side, you want to widen the C clip some so it's a lot more secured inside the trans. People have problems with popping out (i never did)... The combination of longer axles and widen the C clip never gave me an issue.

You do not need to use the accord, or prelude inners. Once you get into that, it becomes a bit more of a task to swap axles etc. Which going by this thread, you are kinda lost as it is with this h swap process. Simplicity is where its at when it comes to mechanical parts... straight up DA axle, widened C clip. Done.

Ur not Lyin bout me being new to the H swap scene lol, but one thing I'm still confused on is I looked up DA axles but the inner part of the axle that goes to the midshaft is male, it needs to b female to go in the midshaft, so I assume I have to Change the end of the axle so it goes in???

easy_vtec 09-21-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb (Post 46053851)

Correct. Or go with an aftermarket swap axle. Goodluck!