Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Engine Management and Tuning (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/)
-   -   Injector Scaling in Chrome (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/injector-scaling-chrome-2950076/)

JeffBro 06-21-2011 09:58 PM

Injector Scaling in Chrome

Hey so I installed a set of 560cc pink top EVO injectors on my OBD1 converted jdm GSR swap. They are similar to the DSM injectors in that they are low impedance injectors. I measured 3.4 ohms on each injector. Anyhow I wired up the injectors with a honda resistor box and modified the stock injector manifold seals to fit. btw I am planning on running E85 plus more work on the motor later on down the road. Thats why I got the bigger injectors. I also have an MTX innovative wideband installed.

Scaling the injector:

So I fired up chrome 1.6 and used the basic injector scaling of 240cc --> 560cc injectors with a stock GSR map & disabled the O2 sensor with the intention of tuning it. Everything scales down and I go to fire it up and here is the problem. Its crazy rich at idle. It about 10-11 AFR. So I adjust the map so it has 14.7 at idle & the idle becomes smooth and so forth. But still I have a rich condition on throttle application. I drive the car and the AFR is all over the place. Goes lean in some places and then richer at WOT. I can tell you that I looked at the AFR before I changed the injectors and it was spot on. Additionally I tried using the advanced injector scaling and that gives me a map that is excessively lean like 17-18AFR & it has a strange throttle tip in that is very rich. Basically no matter what I do the AFR is shit and it runs like garbage just using scaling. I went ahead and spend about 4 hours tuning it and I got a decent running car after tunning the whole entire map but I still have a crappy throttle tip in. Can anyone help me out who has experience doing injector scaling in Chrome? how do I get the throttle tip in right?

mtber 06-22-2011 04:26 AM

Re: Injector Scaling in Chrome

Make sure you have injector signal wire (not power) wires in sequence. I.E. injector wire for Cylinder 1 to injector on cylinder 1 etc.

If everything checks out, it sounds like you may simply need to tune it...
Simply re-scaling a stock p72 map to a new injector size isn't going to yield good results.

tobster 06-22-2011 06:09 AM

I think your skipping the basics and making this harder than it need be i believe this because i did the same thing lol play with your fuel multiplier before adjusting anything in the map

GhostAccord 06-22-2011 06:49 AM

You have to enable fuel tools and set your injector offset. Open the fuel calculator and select the advanced tab. Change the offset until you have a consistent idle. You should also go into the advanced tables and set injector battery offset.

These sorts of things should be adjusted before you start playing with the fuel maps.They should also be corrected/changed with the engine up to temp to get the best results. Any sort of vacuum leaks of fuel injector issues will effect these settings so make sure everything is good to go before you start adjusting settings.