Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   Seat belt motor relay, where is it ? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/seat-belt-motor-relay-where-2923752/)

Coro08 04-15-2011 02:00 AM

Seat belt motor relay, where is it ?

My passenger seat belt wont go back up its motorized rail when I open the door.
I have looked everywhere on the web and totally dismantled the rail, tested the switches, taken out the control box under the passenger seat.
Every thing seems to work.
The motor works (both ways) when I hook it up to a 12v battery.
The switches on both end of the rail work.
The door switch too.
When I manually put the seat belt at the open position and I close the door, the rail works and the belt comes back. But it wont go out when I open the door. For a while it started working a gain and then stopped a few months aog (intermittent problem ? back contact in relay ?)
I assume there must be some relay somewhere that commands the motor and it might be have issues in one direction.
Does anybody know where that relay might be at ?
I have look every where on the web and its impossible to find.
thanks for the help. Any help !!

Roland

1990 Accord LX (US model, 2.2 manual transmission)

Coro08 04-15-2011 08:53 AM

Re: Seat belt motor relay, where is it ?

Anyone have access to a Chilton or Haynes book ? I moved to France and cant find any here.
Anyone know where the darn relays are ?

Helpppppppppppp !

Nicefeet 04-15-2011 09:29 AM

These motorized belts have a lifetime warranty from Honda.

Print this out and take it your dealer:

http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/...rantybelts.pdf

Coro08 04-17-2011 11:18 PM

Darn ! I'm actually in France (so forget getting them replaced under warranty) and the motors actually work... So i am looking for the relays that control them.
Anyone have any idea where they are ?

Roland

poorman212 04-18-2011 04:30 PM

Check for a manual you can down load, don't have a 4th gen so I can't help. There are sites you can download a manual from, some free, others charge.

Coro08 04-19-2011 01:37 AM

1990 Seat belt motor relay, where is it ?

Thanks... I downloaded tons of manuals but none cover the USA motorized seat belts !!! Anyone know where I can find a 90 USA version of the manuals ?

StreetsideStig 04-19-2011 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You have my car! Okay, I got my manual and took a picture of the wiring diagram. It looks like it runs to the under dash fuse box and the Integrated Control Unit. I haven't replaced mine, so I don't know what it involves, but here's the picture. Sorry if it's hard to read. I don't have access to a scanner.

Another thing you might test is the door switch. It's a little back and forth slider that moves when the door opens/closes, just inside the back of the door jamb. It's really easy to pull off with a Phillips head screwdriver.

Keep me updated, man!

poorman212 04-19-2011 04:56 PM

Search for the manuals. I have one from spoonertuner but it is broken into pieces and hard to find things. Never tried manualspace or some of the others, never owned a 4th gen Accord. I have a chilton manual (cover my 3rd gens and early 4th) and found the relay in the dig last night but it doesn't give a good location, reason I didn't post it....anyway, according to the the relay, motor are all in what they call the "shoulder seat belt rail assembly"

Coro08 04-27-2011 12:07 AM

Thanks for the picture of the circuit. Really cool .. If you have a second, can you take a wider shot (with more of the circuit on the pic) ?
I see the mention of seat belt sw. Is that the motor ? I dont see the relay on the picture ? Did I miss something ?
The integrated control unit is that the one under the passenger foot well or is it somewhere else ?
Still not sure where the damn relay is :-(

poorman212 04-27-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212 (Post 45107804)
found the relay in the dig last night but it doesn't give a good location, reason I didn't post it....anyway, according to the the relay, motor are all in what they call the "shoulder seat belt rail assembly"

Inside the door, where the motor is, have you traced the wires back to see if the relay is there.

Coro08 04-28-2011 12:27 AM

Yes I have and I can get anywhere as the leads are bundled with other stuff going towards the dash....

holmesnmanny 04-28-2011 02:20 AM

At rockauto.com, you can usually find a picture of it in the "electrical" and/or "relay" section.

holmesnmanny 04-28-2011 02:24 AM

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgr y2=1991&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=FU SE+BOX+-+RELAY

I thought I remembered seeing this. It's underneath the middle of the dash.

probably #41 I think it actually says seat belt relay on it

StreetsideStig 04-28-2011 12:47 PM

Well, I'm afraid that's the whole circuit. And "seat belt sw" was the only mention of the seat belt I could find on the whole electrical chart. Sorry.

holmesnmanny 04-28-2011 10:28 PM

What are you sorry for? For being an asshole?

I posted an edit after posting that first link but it appears it didn't go through.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SE+BOX+-+RELAY

Again it's "NUMBER 41" in that illustration. It took me less than 5 minutes to find that relay. You could have done the same instead of being a jerkoff.

Thanks for playing and have a nice day.

StreetsideStig 04-29-2011 07:09 AM

Yep. Really sorry.

f22b2 11-20-2016 08:04 AM

It's any way to test the seat belts control unit

Klv 01-11-2017 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nicefeet (Post 45081696)
These motorized belts have a lifetime warranty from Honda.

Print this out and take it your dealer:

http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/...rantybelts.pdf

I went to Spreen Honda today and they said it wasn't covered under the warranty. And I can't find anything online to help me trouble shoot it.

Klv 01-11-2017 07:48 PM

Help.....I need to know where the motor for the driver side seat belt is?

holmesnmanny 01-11-2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Klv (Post 51165825)
I went to Spreen Honda today and they said it wasn't covered under the warranty. And I can't find anything online to help me trouble shoot it.

Print out what was posted back in post #3 of this thread and take it to that dealer. If they still won't help, ask them for the telephone number of the regional Honda. Then call them.