Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Wheel and Tire (https://honda-tech.com/forums/wheel-tire-56/)
-   -   Walmart Free Tire Mounting Program (https://honda-tech.com/forums/wheel-tire-56/walmart-free-tire-mounting-program-2905099/)

Atomic1 03-02-2011 05:32 PM

Walmart Free Tire Mounting Program

Thought I'd mention that Walmart just started offering free mounting on tires if you buy from them. Obviously their selection is limited but on the off chance they have what you want it's a pretty good deal.

Got a set of g-force sports for $350 out the door. Beat the pants off anyone elses prices. They were having issues with the new setup and for the trouble they ended up giving me lifetime road hazard and balancing for free!

PreyStayShun 03-03-2011 07:43 AM

Re: Walmart Free Tire Mounting Program

Originally Posted by Atomic1 (Post 44778652)
Thought I'd mention that Walmart just started offering free mounting on tires if you buy from them. Obviously their selection is limited but on the off chance they have what you want it's a pretty good deal.

Got a set of g-force sports for $350 out the door. Beat the pants off anyone elses prices. They were having issues with the new setup and for the trouble they ended up giving me lifetime road hazard and balancing for free!

^thats not bad... 195/55/15's???

Did you have to call around to your local Walmart stores or did they have those on the shelf when you rolled in?

Atomic1 03-03-2011 10:15 AM

No, I didn't even call in because I knew they wouldn't carry that uncommon size in stock at the local stores. Instead, I just ordered them on www.walmart.com and used their free site-to-store service. Took 2 days to get there.

legendrida 03-04-2011 09:38 AM

agreed...walmart is the shit!

CRXSTI 03-08-2011 02:08 PM

I try to support local tire shops and not giant corporate chains.

Before you know it, Walmart will control EVERY industry. Good luck getting quality work done at Walmart, especially once they put all your local specialty shops out of business.

Most of their "technicians" are hacks, and they are trained to rush cars in and out (or they just don't care so they rush cars in and out). The lower price is not worth it in the end, and ultimately it lowers the overall standard and quality of work available anywhere, as everyone will try to compete with Walmart based on price.

I prefer to look for quality of work and professionalism rather than lowest price.

Atomic1 03-08-2011 03:15 PM

I'd agree with you if I could find a quality local shop who acts professionally. It just hasn't happened. Even the local shops will put the "hacks" on tire mounting duty. It's brainless. You can go ahead and pay the extra $80 if it makes you feel better.

92teginsc 03-08-2011 03:16 PM

walmart :ugh:

mattbrown0761 03-08-2011 04:10 PM

walmart will usually find a way to be the lowest price for everything...just takes some time

CRXSTI 03-08-2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic1 (Post 44821192)
I'd agree with you if I could find a quality local shop who acts professionally. It just hasn't happened. Even the local shops will put the "hacks" on tire mounting duty. It's brainless. You can go ahead and pay the extra $80 if it makes you feel better.

I ran a shop for a long time, and I didn't put hacks on the job. But then again, I closed it because most people only wanted to go wherever they could get it done for the cheapest.

bokals 03-09-2011 10:12 AM

Walmart = External Costs