Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-acura-28/)
-   -   LHD CTR "STYLE" MIRRORS? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-acura-28/lhd-ctr-style-mirrors-2904291/)

johnc123 03-01-2011 12:07 AM

LHD CTR "STYLE" MIRRORS?

http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...9600-PWD-M-BLK

I know they used to make them, who if anyone still carries these??

Libertariat 03-01-2011 02:54 AM

Re: LHD CTR "STYLE" MIRRORS?

I think that company still carries them. Maybe try robearracing.

01-0720 03-01-2011 03:04 AM

why do you want copies? i had oem ctr mirrors on my old ek hatch and had no problems with seeing out of them, plenty of adjustment

Scott. 03-01-2011 04:31 AM

^ or you can just have new mirrors put in

PatrickGSR94 03-01-2011 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01-0720 (Post 44765078)
why do you want copies? i had oem ctr mirrors on my old ek hatch and had no problems with seeing out of them, plenty of adjustment

Mirrors on RHD bases don't work. When I ordered 96+ mirrors for my Integra (looks very similar to CTR's), I was sent RHD ITR mirrors. I tried mounting them on my car and couldn't see jack out of the left mirror because it was angled in way too far. I was able to swap the triangular bases with my original mirrors, as the mirror shells were the same shape/angle where they mounted to the bases.

You can easily see the difference here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ra/mirror2.jpg

01-0720 03-01-2011 06:14 AM

That might hold true for integras but I owned a 97 hatch that had untouched oem rhd ctr mirrors and was able to see perfect and im 6 '2 and my buddy at 5'7 would get in the car an move the seat an mirrors and could see perfect as well

johnc123 03-01-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ek forever guy (Post 44765067)
I think that company still carries them. Maybe try robearracing.

Neither carry them anymore.

Originally Posted by 01-0720 (Post 44765078)

the last thing i want are copies but i need LHD bases for my car and they only made oem LHD bases for this type of mirror on a select few EDM civics and you definitely can't find those anywhere. i had some real ctr jdm mirrors on my civic and even with the mirrors fully adjusted out/in you couldn't see anything.

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 44765415)
Mirrors on RHD bases don't work. When I ordered 96+ mirrors for my Integra (looks very similar to CTR's), I was sent RHD ITR mirrors. I tried mounting them on my car and couldn't see jack out of the left mirror because it was angled in way too far. I was able to swap the triangular bases with my original mirrors, as the mirror shells were the same shape/angle where they mounted to the bases.

yeah you can even get them from a prelude BUT they don't make the LHD base for EK's. They do however make the replica LHD bases. So i need to find those and just get the prelude mirrors to put on the bases.

Thanks for everyone's input. If anyone knows anything else or knows of someone with some LHD bases for a ek coupe, please let me know.

PatrickGSR94 03-01-2011 12:09 PM

What wrong with replicas anyway? If they look the same and work the same, really, who cares? Now if they're shoddy quality then yeah I wouldn't. But otherwise what's the big deal? Are you concerned with fitment, or motor operation?

Libertariat 03-01-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 44768266)
What wrong with replicas anyway? If they look the same and work the same, really, who cares? Now if they're shoddy quality then yeah I wouldn't. But otherwise what's the big deal? Are you concerned with fitment, or motor operation?

Exactly. My spoon knock-off mirrors are at the shop right not getting painted :D

I did get an OEM front lip however, they're cheap enough and I can't stand it when parts don't fit well.

chads 03-01-2011 12:29 PM

I have RHD mirrors on my LHD EK and its not even an issue, I can see fine.

johnc123 03-02-2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 44768266)

I never said anything closely related to what your referencing. I just want to know where I can find them.

Originally Posted by chads (Post 44768433)
I have RHD mirrors on my LHD EK and its not even an issue, I can see fine.

I've had RHD JDM CTR mirrors on my civic and they were horrible. Maybe you have some replicas.

--
ANY WAYS.... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME REPLICAS? SIMPLE QUESTION.

Libertariat 03-03-2011 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by johnc123 (Post 44778465)
I never said anything closely related to what your referencing. I just want to know where I can find them.

I've had RHD JDM CTR mirrors on my civic and they were horrible. Maybe you have some replicas.

--
ANY WAYS.... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME REPLICAS? SIMPLE QUESTION.

It's likely he bought OEM RHD CTR mirrors from someone who had the glass replaced.

ChadB 03-03-2011 06:02 AM

I had a set of robearracing mirrors like 8 or 9 years ago and like them alot.