Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   95 accord tie rod replacement question???? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/95-accord-tie-rod-replacement-question-2904263/)

dtran002 02-28-2011 10:00 PM

95 accord tie rod replacement question????

Hey guys, I just want to know how hard it is to replace the inner tie rod on the 95 accord? I looked around and my question is that do I need a special tool to unbolt the inner tie rod? I look on those auto parts websites and the picture of the inner tie rod end nut look normal and remove by using a regular wrench. I haven't go out and see the actual yet, so I just wondering if I can even just do it at home without special tool or let the shop do it.

Thanks

TOP END MS 03-01-2011 04:23 AM

Re: 95 accord tie rod replacement question????

If your working on your Accord I recommend you utilize the Honda Service Manual. It is available for download on HondaSwap(dot)com.

dtran002 03-01-2011 09:29 AM

I downloaded the manual, and the manual does not cover how to change the tie rod, mostly on camber and caster works. I searched around and they all mention need a special tool, but thats for 97+, just wondering if the older model are the same.

btw, how do I check if I need to replace the inner tie rod? I was told to have them both replace when I did my alignment at Pepboys. I know for sure I need the outer one, but not so much on the inner.

InvaderTrax 03-01-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dtran002 (Post 44766953)
I downloaded the manual, and the manual does not cover how to change the tie rod, mostly on camber and caster works. I searched around and they all mention need a special tool, but thats for 97+, just wondering if the older model are the same.

btw, how do I check if I need to replace the inner tie rod? I was told to have them both replace when I did my alignment at Pepboys. I know for sure I need the outer one, but not so much on the inner.

Jack the front up, move the tire side to side, and see if the inner tie rod is clunking around

Accordin2me 03-01-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by dtran002 (Post 44766953)

Pepboys told you the tierods are bad and they still aligned it? And you got an alignment with a known bad outer? Not wise my friend.

dtran002 03-01-2011 11:23 PM

Well, they did it and then tell me that I should get it replace. I guess I still need an alignment while waiting to change the tie rod since I changed my control arms and somehow this time my tires are worn out faster than normal