Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   How does the Vtec Solenoid work? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/how-does-vtec-solenoid-work-2885107/)

rumo1112 01-15-2011 01:57 AM

How does the Vtec Solenoid work?

Can anyone point out what each chamber in the Vtec Solenoid function is? Where does the oil come through and where does it return through???

Heres a pic i took of the solenoid off my H22A4 98 prelude
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...solenoid_3.jpg

93egSLEEPER 01-15-2011 04:37 PM

Re: How does the Vtec Solenoid work?

Well since you took all that apart re-gasket the whole thing or I promise it will leak.
Thats all the info Im giving you.

Hows that dual conversion coming along?

Mr. EG 01-15-2011 05:11 PM

Holy hell. Put the solenoid back together.

kaiba 01-15-2011 08:50 PM

Maybe he want to bore it out. More oil flow more VTEC.

nus_dogg 01-15-2011 09:25 PM

Haha. I did a Honda Module in the engine class and it showed how it all works with the oil going in and out, but damn, only if I remember.

dntnedvtec 01-16-2011 02:22 PM

It is because people are ignorant. Let him ask, and help him along the way. Tell you what though, I do grow weary of threads like this. I swear, people like sir rumo, shouldn't be touching cars...no offense..So it the solenoid yours, or a googled image?

Jimmy 01-16-2011 03:25 PM

Seriously guys, let's try to keep flaming to a minimum.

sc34dc4 01-16-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dntnedvtec (Post 44439712)
It is because people are ignorant. Let him ask, and help him along the way. Tell you what though, I do grow weary of threads like this. I swear, people like sir rumo, shouldn't be touching cars...no offense..So it the solenoid yours, or a googled image?

How do you know he is just not trying to learn about it for just shits and giggles. I take shit apart all the time to figure out how it works. Like the rockers in a vtec head. They are pretty advanced in design. People like you all giving him shit for no reason. If you don't have the answer move on and don't post. I'm willing to bet you don't know how it works.

nus_dogg 01-16-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 44440159)
Seriously guys, let's try to keep flaming to a minimum.

Originally Posted by sc34dc4 (Post 44440341)
How do you know he is just not trying to learn about it for just shits and giggles. I take shit apart all the time to figure out how it works. Like the rockers in a vtec head. They are pretty advanced in design. People like you all giving him shit for no reason. If you don't have the answer move on and don't post. I'm willing to bet you don't know how it works.

x2!

NOFX 01-16-2011 04:28 PM

To anyone who was questioning the photo in the first post, that same photo was posted in 2009 on another site. It's also from a d16Z6, not an H-series.

Inside a VTEC Solenoid Assembly

93egSLEEPER 01-16-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by NOFX (Post 44440567)
To anyone who was questioning the photo in the first post, that same photo was posted in 2009 on another site. It's also from a d16Z6, not an H-series.

Inside a VTEC Solenoid Assembly

Everytime you post something of this nature I really start to question if you are a CIA agent for Honda. I can't even begin to think how you know that.

rumo1112 01-16-2011 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by sc34dc4 (Post 44440341)

Hey i totally agree man, sometimes we learn but just taking stuff apart and then putting it back together. But even by taking it apart i'm not so sure where the oil comes through and returns it. lol Any help anyone? Which chamber pushes(trigger) the locking pin to rocker arms?

NOFX 01-16-2011 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER (Post 44441277)
Everytime you post something of this nature I really start to question if you are a CIA agent for Honda. I can't even begin to think how you know that.

Honda Central Intelligence Agency?

Nah, I just did a couple GISes. "VTEC solenoid works", "VTEC solenoid flow".

Originally Posted by rumo1112 (Post 44442758)
Hey i totally agree man, sometimes we learn but just taking stuff apart and then putting it back together. But even by taking it apart i'm not so sure where the oil comes through and returns it. lol Any help anyone? Which chamber pushes(trigger) the locking pin to rocker arms?

I don't know much about electrical at all and I don't know if you might hurt it, but couldn't you hook a current up to get the solenoid to trigger?

N/A 01-17-2011 04:54 AM

Yes, use 12v current and put the ground right to the housing.

Rumo as much as we've busted your balls since your "dual stage vtec" thread, its only cause everyday we get these retarded ideas and threads from people with really no common sense or intention to learn

In order to give you the right advice we need and HONEST answer of how much knowledge you have about this, at one point you said you know what yyour doin and then you said you don't know what's what

BIGGEST piece of advice I can give you is if your gonna continue to disect stuff like this make sure you do it all in a CLEAN CLEAN enviorment to make sure no dust or debris get into the engine.

A lot of people don't realize the cleanlyness inside your engine is a major factor in how long its lasts

lunatics209 01-17-2011 05:14 AM

So did you really take a pic of your h22 solenoid or did you steal it from someone else's thread? LOL....

N/A 01-17-2011 05:42 AM

Stole it, that's a d series

honda_romio 01-23-2011 05:36 PM

Could that second stage of vtec be a reality.what if you had more rpm capacity. Would it possible then

cloviskilla 01-23-2011 06:40 PM

OMG NOT AGAIN.....

N/A 01-24-2011 04:38 AM

Lol that's gotta be rumo on a different name or one of his bbuddys

mcg 04-03-2013 02:46 PM

I have taken my cylinoid apart once and it is leaking what do I do to fix it?
D16y8

teggy! 04-03-2013 06:11 PM

second stage of vtec!? how much whp would I see from this mod?

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android

teggy! 04-03-2013 06:14 PM

kidding by the way....I have no idea about the solenoid. if u connect it with a 12v and ground it anywhere on the chassis it will spray oil. see where the oil comes from and u will have your answer

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android

joel.j.tellez 04-06-2013 03:52 AM

i took it apart aswell but it wasnt that hard to put back

Mikzize 05-22-2013 04:58 PM

What does the vtec solenoid do ? Just wondering

doood 05-22-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mikzize (Post 48804677)
What does the vtec solenoid do ? Just wondering

did you not read any of the replies in this thread? :ugh: